Is this round ligament pain?

TTC First

Reaction score
I get a pain behind my belly button and it seems to radiate down to my vagina. It is not constant and seems to get worse when I stand. I just noticed that if I put pressure on my belly button also causes pain. I looked up round ligament pain but it said that is more of a second trimester issue.

Is this round ligament pain or is it something else?

Oh I had that too yesterday, quite sharp. I'd like to know what it is too. I thought rlp was in the leg/crotch area?

It's nice to know that I am not the only one. I am a little paranoid because my last u/s didn't go well. I have to do another one tomorrow.

Did you feel the pain when you pressed on your belly button? I was getting it after that shooting pain incident but it's gone now.

It's fleeting, happened in the car on the way to a lovely walk we did yesterday. I thought my body was in protest of more exercise:haha: been exercising lots last week and am sore all over.
I didn't press on it, just stretched out long and was hoping it would go away and it did. Drink loads of water and maybe even some coconut water. It has lots of potassium (way more than bananas) which relieves cramps.

It probably feels a little different for everybody, but I have experienced it with my past three pregnancies, usually started in second trimester, and occasionally the first couple months after delivery. For me, it would typically occur when I was getting out of bed in the morning. Or make a sudden bending move. Its usually a sharp, sudden stabbing pain, that last a few seconds, felt on the right side, but can be felt on left as well. This time around, I have been having pains early starting at five weeks, and right and left equally. So I can only wonder what the next few months will hold.

I feel pokey feelings behind belly button!! lol so possibly :) good luck hun

Thanks ladies. It was confusing me because I kept hearing that round ligament pain is on left or right and I got this in the middle. I go to the doctor tomorrow and I will mention it to him.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->