Is this SPD?

Sweety21

Reaction score
Hey ladies,

Hope you all are doing well. I am here for advice/suggestions if this is what SPD is.
I have had lower back pain from my teenage years and after c-section with first baby, I have had a pain in my right hip just below all the fatty part of bum. It is getting worst to the point where I can't move in bed and have lots of problem moving myself when laying on bed.

I am not sure whether this is SPD or something else?

No. Doesn't sound like spd. Spd is sinus pubic disfunction.
Your hip bones are connected at the front (just where your mons pubis is) by a soft cartilage. It's like a sponge disc. And when the baby grows, it gives pressure for that cartilage.

It is hell. I had it twice. It got so bad, that I could t even turn around in bed. Pain is excruciating and walking impossible.

I am glad it is not. Will be mentioning it to docanyway. I need something to get some relief.

No that's not spd. Spd feels like someone punched you in the crotch and it's hard to spread legs apart ... For me it feels like I rode a bike for 5 hours every bone in my pubic area hurts to the point of tears

Sounds more along the lines of sciatic pain? My OH has a bulging disk and sciatica, he gets pain in his bum on one side.

Laila, thanks for input.

Minties, finally someone knows what I am talking about. I don know much about sciatic pain. But,iI am gonna google it before my appointment tomorrow. Thanks a bunch.

I agree on sciatica - I've just started to get this after a day at work, at the moment it's just a pain in the bumcheek, but it can radiate down your leg.

I was going to say sciatica. I've had both (sciatica before DS1 and spd during pregnancy) and I'm getting both again.

I'm only 23w and already spd is quite bad so I can see me finishing work early this time :(

Thank you both. DOctor confirmed it to be sciatic pain anad advised to use belt.I think I will give it a go.

Can you make an appointment with a pregnancy-trained chiropractor? Honestly, was the best money I spent in early pregnancy with DS! X

Thanks for suggestion Mrsmac. I will try and find one if It's available nearby. Not sure whether i will find it because of language issues.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->