Is this too much?

A

AppleBlossom

This morning Grace had a big bowl of baby porridge and was still hungry (I know because she kept looking at me and opening her mouth) so I gave her a petit filous yoghurt. Then she had some bottle. For her lunch she will have a custard pot and then for her dinner she will have a savoury jar and maybe a yoghurt if she's still hungry. My mw said that when they get to 6 months they don't need to have as much milk as they used too because they aren't solely reliable on it now they are eating food. She still has the recommended amount of bottles which is stage 2 formula. I feel like I'm over feeding her because for a baby who isn't quite 6 months she seems to eat an awful lot. But I only give her what she wants. When she's full she turns away and keeps her mouth closed so I don't force any more on her. She has always been a very hungry baby and has been on hungrier baby milk since she was 2months. Should I not give her so much food? Or is it ok as long as she want it?

As long as she lets you know when to stop theres nothing wrong with feeding her how much she wants ..max eats like a piglet and sometimes I wonder where it all goes lol

Ally eats a hell of a lot too! He has 2 breastfeeds and 4 (sometimes 5!) bottles a day. Then he has half a pot of fruit, 2/3 fl oz of veg and then porridge. I usually make him lots of porridge because I want to eat it (it's nice!) but he ends up eating it all. I think he'd eat more if I let him as well lol...and if he was only have 4 or even 5 feeds I can't imagine how much he'd eat!

I think at this stage we should just let them eat what they want.

As long as she lets you know when to stop theres nothing wrong with feeding her how much she wants ..max eats like a piglet and sometimes I wonder where it all goes lol

Ally eats a hell of a lot too! He has 2 breastfeeds and 4 (sometimes 5!) bottles a day. Then he has half a pot of fruit, 2/3 fl oz of veg and then porridge. I usually make him lots of porridge because I want to eat it (it's nice!) but he ends up eating it all. I think he'd eat more if I let him as well lol...and if he was only have 4 or even 5 feeds I can't imagine how much he'd eat!

I think at this stage we should just let them eat what they want.

yep, I agree.

Seth is the same, I feel like all I do is feed him. Our day goes like this:

8am - milk
9am breakfast
1030am - milk
1pm lunch
3pm - milk
5pm - milk
630pm - tea
830pm - milk

Hes been such a piglet since we started feeding him!

I think its ok hun, theyre all different, and Im sure she'll refuse it if shes not hungry anymore.

xxx

This morning Grace had a big bowl of baby porridge and was still hungry (I know because she kept looking at me and opening her mouth) so I gave her a petit filous yoghurt. Then she had some bottle. For her lunch she will have a custard pot and then for her dinner she will have a savoury jar and maybe a yoghurt if she's still hungry. My mw said that when they get to 6 months they don't need to have as much milk as they used too because they aren't solely reliable on it now they are eating food. She still has the recommended amount of bottles which is stage 2 formula. I feel like I'm over feeding her because for a baby who isn't quite 6 months she seems to eat an awful lot. But I only give her what she wants. When she's full she turns away and keeps her mouth closed so I don't force any more on her. She has always been a very hungry baby and has been on hungrier baby milk since she was 2months. Should I not give her so much food? Or is it ok as long as she want it?

Sounds like u are doing great hun, Ruby is very much the same xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->