Is this true? (Question about TENS machines.)

Angel2Fire

Reaction score
Last week I went to an antenatal class and the midwife said the only reason TENS shouldn't be used before 37 weeks is because they can mask premature labour.

She said there's no way they would bring on early labour and that they're safe to use for pains other than labour after 37 weeks.

Is this true? I've heard a lot of different things and wondered if anyone knew what was true?

All I know about these are my dad has one and my mum said it cant be used by me - so there must be some sort of pregnancy warning on - sorry not much help i know :dohh:

Hey, i'm not an expert but i'm pretty sure they're only recommended for use after 37 weeks and in labour.

What i'm not sure about it is whether that is because they have been linked to stimulating early labour...or because they could mask early labour.

Sorry, wish i could be more help.

They can mask pain that is premature labour but are safe to use b4 37wks as long as they are pregnancy ones x

My dad has one and from 10 weeks ive suffered with terrible backache. On the leaflet it says it's not safe to use before 12 weeks, i used it for the first time at about 15 weeks but even then i didn't feel it was safe so i asked my midwife, who said you can use them but don't use them for longer than half an hour a day x

I know that I have a tens machine for a previous injury, and when I went to the hospital with my sciatica they told me that i can use it and it would help.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->