Is this true RE: middle names?

modified

Reaction score
I just remembered reading in another thread that, when your child has 2 middle names, in a lot of places - such as letters in the post - only the first middle name will be used (on things where they're used at all, that is).

Is this true?

If so, we'll be swapping the middle names - the way it is in my signature flows better but I'd rather the name honouring my favourite song was cut off than the one honouring my lovely mum!

I would have thought the middle initials would just be used instead.

Yes that would be true. However, you could give 2 first names and then have middle name be used for middle initial. I hate my name so for a while I made my middle name part of my first name then no middle initial. We are combining 2 middle names to make it 1 (either annalyn or annelly). Hope that makes sense.

My LO's have 2 middle names. Letters from the doctors surgery come addressed to first name, first middle name, surname. Letters fromt their savings account come as first name, middle name initials, surname. We've also had letters addressed to their full name and others where they come to first name, first middle name, second initial, surname.

My daughter has 2 (as will all future children)
Letters addressed for her from the doctors are addressed too
'Parent and/or guardian of Miss Isabelle S' so just first and last name

Same as above, no middle names are ever referred to in any post I've received for my daughter so far, always just Miss Madeleine Lee, or Miss M Lee. She has two middle names also x

DH has two middle names as does DD, but its rare either of them get letters with both middle names on - indeed a lot of forms don't even have enough space for more than the first one, and DDs names all have 5 or 6 letters so not long!

My kids all have two middle names, as do I. Everything has come addressed as First Name and Last name, unless it was government issued ID, in which case, it has always had all the names on them.

My DH has two middle names and whenever he gets something that has a middle name, both are included. I've never seen something that says just one of his middle names.

I have 2 middle names & often the second gets left out randomly- things like on my bank card it's mrs first first-middle-inital surname. I rarely have room to write my full name on forms! But love having 2 middle names as it's family tradition, so DS & all future DC will have 2. I prefer DSs second middle name to his first, although both honour family so are equally important, but was more concerned with the flow & sound of the name than anything else. He ended up with the middle initials ST so he looks like a saint!! Ha ha oops, but I'm happy with his name read aloud & don't think the ST thing will be a problem.

Xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->