Is this true?

Snowball

Resident badass
Reaction score
I don't even know why I'm asking really because I'm sure it's not right.

My doppler arrived early today and as I expected I couldn't hear anything. I thought I'd found it but I think it was me :blush:

Anyway, I started looking up what is a normal time to find a heartbeat with a doppler and I stumbled across a forum where somebody was saying it's only safe to use a doppler 3 times a week. That's not true is it?

I've used mine for ages since it got here this morning. Although I have now made the decision to put it back in the box and not to get it back out till at least next Thursday. Help me not to think about it! :muaha:

A very small number of people think that like ultrasounds, it could hurt the baby but there is no evidence to support this. You're doppler isn't likely to be that strong anyway. Many people on here use theres every night, if not more.

As for not hearing the heartbeat yet, you're still very early so baby is still tiny and down very low. Give it a few more weeks and I'm sure you'll hear something. I think I must have not heard mine till about 14 weeks and I'd already had a scan by that time but I didn't have my own doppler so it was at the doctors.

Give it time hun, most dopplers tend to pick something up 10+ weeks, as for over-using it, I use mine 3 times a week and my LO is fine

xxxxxxxxxx try in another couple of weeks hunni xxxxxxxxxxxxx hugs

i asked my doc if the baby could hear the ultrasound and she said no.

Least not yet! I'm sure there's no danger - here our docs scan us all the time (Switzerland).

I heard my bub's heartbeat at 8 weeks, or it might even have been 6. But this was at the docs. Maybe try lower down, i was amazed at how low baby starts.

i asked my doc if the baby could hear the ultrasound and she said no.

Least not yet! I'm sure there's no danger - here our docs scan us all the time (Switzerland).

I heard my bub's heartbeat at 8 weeks, or it might even have been 6. But this was at the docs. Maybe try lower down, i was amazed at how low baby starts.

Ow thanks for that. I'll try again tomorrow when DH has gone to work, he thinks I'm going crazy with all my worrying :wacko:

I found my LO's HB at 11 weeks. Try way down, way down, and a bit to the right, that is where I found mine.

I was told my the MW, ultra sound girl & my consultant it will do NO harm at all - THey only worry it will worry you!

Try at 10 weeks also I could not find mine but I always got it low right side and when I pressed on skin I pointed downwards at same time and moved it slowly and slightly in the same spot left to right. Hope that makes sense.

x

Haha how weird, I've only just seen this. I have just posted that I think I've found it on my right side but I wasn't sure! I'm all :D now!

Thank's for all your help ladies!

I use mine every night. The only thing is that Peanut doesn't like it and now moves away from it every time, lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->