• Welcome back! The Xenforo Cloud migration is now complete. Thank you for your patience! NOTE: please make sure to report any issues to our Technical Support forum and we'll review ASAP.

is your family poor?

My parents are not rich by any strech of the means but they try. My dads on disablity because he was a Thalidomide baby. So yeah I guess you could say we were poor but me and my oh do great.

We were lower class. We qualified for state help, but my dad had too much pride and wouldn't except it, beacuse he grew up very poor, and wanted to make something of himself. Instead, he worked three jobs. He's one of the hardest working men I know. The income level of my household had very little to do with me becoming a young mother.

I loved my sociology class, though. I didn't agree with everything... but it is interesting.

My parents split when I was young. My dad owns his own company and is a contractor but makes enough to pay his bills and live comfortably. He doesn't have overly nice things and hasn't ever owned a new car. His house he bought before I was born and it was really cheap then. He still owns the same house and it is probably 1300sqft. My mom was a single mom who raised and supported us financially. My dad owes her over $40k in child support but has paid some as well. My mom worked for a small company as a bookkeeper for over 15 years and got to work from home. I would say she probably made under $40k/year. We didn't live off benefits but we were living paycheck to paycheck. We were definitely spoiled on our birthdays and chirstmas. We never went on vacation other than visiting family one state away. When I got a job at 16 I bought my own clothes and saved up for my own car. A year ago my mom was laid off and was unemployed for a few months. During that time she was unable to afford housing and moved into the basement apartment of my younger sister's boyfriends family. She's been there since about January and isn't close to ready to move out to her own place yet. I believe she is still living paycheck to paycheck and is also using food stamps. We were probably considered low to middle class growing up and I enjoyed my childhood and don't think it had an effect on me becoming a young mom.

No we weren't. Both my parents have masters degrees and my dad is a surgeon and makes a better than average wage and my step mom owns a small flower shop. My mom and stepdad are both teachers and make quite a bit as well. My brothers and I were always comfortable and never really had to worry about "adult" things like money. All three of us held part-time babysitting/lawn mowing jobs from about 14 though for some extra cash. My parents worked hard to put us through private schools and sports and summer camps.

when i was younger and lived in the uk we were poor. when we moved to new zealand we could afford a bit more. then when i was 15ish my parents got back together and we were probably middle-upper class, still had to budget but got to go on regular family holiday etc

I guess my parents are middle class- they make about $160k. They both always have new cars, they have a nice house, they have travelled... paid for all of my sister's education so far and helped with mine... I guess it's perception though, they were doing pretty well, but we didn't live in a nice new house in the suburbs and they didn't buy me a car as soon as I was old enough to drive like many of my classmates

Holy hell, 160k a year sounds like upper class to me.

Honestly, my mom was poor as she was a single mom, then she met my step dad and they made prolly 60k a year for a while as they owned a painting business until i was 10ish. BUT living in an upper class town, I always felt poor. Had they been smart and hired workers and kept the business as they should have, we'd probably still be middle class but as my dad has a thing for get rich quick shit, id say we're on the lower class/lower middle class line.

That had nothing to do with me getting pregnant though. My lack of feeling loved and low self confidence led me to a foolish abusive relationship. FOB's family is upper-middle class if not more.

I guess my parents are middle class- they make about $160k. They both always have new cars, they have a nice house, they have travelled... paid for all of my sister's education so far and helped with mine... I guess it's perception though, they were doing pretty well, but we didn't live in a nice new house in the suburbs and they didn't buy me a car as soon as I was old enough to drive like many of my classmates

Holy hell, 160k a year sounds like upper class to me.

Shiiit. I'd have to agree.

I guess it depends on how you spend your money. :shrug:

Middle class. We never really struggled for money, but we didn't really treat ourselves all the time.

I think some people would think my family is more leaning towards the "upper-class" semi- middle lol and to add I was in alot of sport (Still am) and activities and well.. I still got pregnant :shrug:

We were lower class. We qualified for state help, but my dad had too much pride and wouldn't except it, beacuse he grew up very poor, and wanted to make something of himself. Instead, he worked three jobs. He's one of the hardest working men I know. The income level of my household had very little to do with me becoming a young mother.

that's awesome!

We were quite poor. My dad had money but he hid it from us and the only money we were left with was what we bought our flat with. Mum survived on her wage and benefits. Me and my brother worked from 14+ so we had our own money.

Me and OH are better off than my mum was.

When I was younger my parents didn't have much money, they were both young etc. They don't do too bad now but aren't really well off but they're comfortable and can afford nice things. My grandparents are well off though.

Doing well now but parents started out poor. Definitely not a stereotypical lower class family though.

Not poor but not rich. My dad majes 73k a year and my mom got very ill when she was 35 years old so had to go on disability so she cant work. She was about to be promoted to a project manager so she would have been making more than my dad if she had not gotten sick and was still able to work. But everything happens for a reason and my dad is amazing and always made sure we didnt go without.

We didn't have a lot of money either. My dad is very hardworking, and when his company went under, my mom worked two jobs to support us. Now my dad has a very good job and is making good money, but the government is taking his money, so we have to live with some support from my grandparents, which is fine. I'm sure the IRS will stop taking my dad's money soon.
As for me supporting Kayla, I'm dirt poor and the govt won't help me. I'm trying my hardest to make enough money to get us by week by week.

When my parents were together, we had plenty of money, and used to go on 2-3 holidays a year, and stuff. Now, they're divorced, we barely have a penny, my dad doesn't pay maintenance for my brother (or me when I was younger) x

Technically, my mom (which is who I grew up with) is poor....like really poor. She works as a waitress. However, she's amazing at saving money and only spending it where she needs to, so my brother and I never went without anything. We've been able to take family trips, my mom has a pool, my brother and I always got to go on class trips, etc. So due to my mom's amazing money management we lived more like a middle class family than a lower class family. :thumbup: My OH's family is middle-class and he still got me pregnant, so income probably doesn't have that much to do with it. :shrug:

When we were growing up i'd say we were upper middle class? I went to private school for a while and had all sorts of dancing and music classes, but my parents are VERY hard workers, and sensible with money. My dad built up his business from nothing, and works his fingers to the bone, same with my mum, i'm really proud of them. We were by no means spoilt, me and my brothers had jobs from the age of 14/15.

Me and Esmee are doing alright, i do two jobs and my modelling so we're okay. By no means flush, but not struggling. I'm fairly sensible with money too :thumbup:

yes poor. even when my mum and dad lived together but my dad worked HARD for us and my mum does the same now, she does a job she should get paid twice as much for, at least!! but she loves it and her children are fed and clothed and loved and happy and that is all that matters.

i'm even poorer than my mum lol! single student teenage mother on the doll :dohh:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"