is your family poor?

Ugh, i hate sociology it's like everythings stereotyped.. but no, my family aren't poor.. we're middle classed :smug:

Thats kinda the point of sociology lol

Quite literally means the study of people and groups :haha:. Statistics will always come with that and whether you like them or not statistics are true, so no point in hating them:shrug:.

Sociology is really interesting to me.

Uh-huh. It's not the statistics you should be annoyed at, it's the theories behind the statistics - for example, Murray pretty much blames single mothers for crime :wacko:

I came from middle upper working class parents, didnt get pregnant young but did have sex just was more careful or my mum would have killed me if I got pregnant at an early age. I was afraid to tell her at 27 I was pregnant.

When i was born they weren't poor but they weren't well off either.

When i was about 10 my dad sold his company, and continued to work for them on the same slary he had been on so from that point on my family were well off, i never wanted for anything and they still help us out alot. They own 50% of our house (we own the other 50%) and my car was my birthday present this year. We always had great holidays i've been all over the world, i've been so lucky.

I don't remember there ever being a christmas where i didn't get everything that i wanted, they had a budget of £500 for me and my sister each. Its changed now like, they spend more on delilah now but thats fine with me!

Ugh, i hate sociology it's like everythings stereotyped.. but no, my family aren't poor.. we're middle classed :smug:

Thats kinda the point of sociology lol

Quite literally means the study of people and groups :haha:. Statistics will always come with that and whether you like them or not statistics are true, so no point in hating them:shrug:.

Sociology is really interesting to me.

Uh-huh. It's not the statistics you should be annoyed at, it's the theories behind the statistics - for example, Murray pretty much blames single mothers for crime :wacko:

But theories are just that, theories, they aren't real, they are peoples thoughts. I can't be mad at peoples thoughts, don't have enough time to care about it TBH, and you shouldn't let it bother you, as long as you know you are doing right who cares what someone that you've never even met thinks? I'm sure you think he's a douchebag/asshole/jerk etc and I doubt it makes it harder for him to sleep at night

Murray doesn't bother me, my teacher was desperately trying to get everyone to hate him with a passion (she was brought up by a single mother).

There are always criticisms of theories, even those based on statistics, so it's always down to where personal opinions lie anyway. But for my exams, I do need an opinion on all theories, so I'll have to care then and then pretty much get to forget about it later :thumbup:

i wouldnt say we were broke, we got by and afforded meals out/nice clothes but werent rolling in either, but i lived with my nana and she was just on pension ect.
now i am BROKE lol!

i wouldnt say we were broke, we got by and afforded meals out/nice clothes but werent rolling in either, but i lived with my nana and she was just on pension ect.
now i am BROKE lol!

You need to update your signature :D 7 days til Morgan's 2nd Christmas :)

We were never poor but only recently did they have money spare
We never had a huge budget at christmas £100 on main present and little ones but we had a good summer holiday every year.
My parents dont understand that i dont want to get married. To me its not a big deal as it once was :shrug: maybe ill change my mind

We've always been well off, not really having to worry about food and such but within the last two years it's been bad. My mom lost her job last July, and was luckily picked up by another department so she had a job for another year, but in June she lost her job again and went on severance, which ended on Friday. So we don't have a second income, nor insurance :wacko: So at this point, yea we are poor.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->