Is your OH getting into it now?

N

Neecee

Since I started showing properly, my hubby has really started getting into this pregnancy.

Due to a previous miscarriage, he really distanced himself from all things baby-related at the start of this pregnancy. I was also so ill and in and out of hospital so much, as with my first pregnancy, that he said to me the only thing he could relate to pregnancy was being sick and in hospital all the time, therefore, he had nothing to get excited about.

But sisnce the bump and LO wriggling around in there like mad, he's really started to 'take part' in the pregnancy - looking at baby products, talking and singing to the bump and he's even decided to give up full time work when the baby is 6 months old so I can go back to work - he wants to be a work-from-home dad!

Has it taken a while for anyone else's OH to really get enthusiastic about pregnancy?

Mine is, not that I am showing as I am just fat anyway but, recently this past week he has been calling her by name. I have been doing this since we found out the sex, where as he hasn't. But I did notice over the weekend him talking about her as if she is real now lol

I do understand why guys take longer to relate than we do. Obviously we're the ones carrying the babies, so we experience more that guys do. I guess when it becomes more visual, it becomes more real to them.

My OH didnt really click and realise it was all very real until we went to the antenatal classes!! he is now alot more open to talk about things and interested in what is going on!!

x

My OH didnt really click and realise it was all very real until we went to the antenatal classes!!
x

Wow! I was worried my OH wouldn't start to relate until he saw the head coming out!

Hubby would stroke my belly early on but didn't talk about names or really get "involved" until we knew we were having a boy. He doesn't leave me alone now and won't stop talking about what he's ging to teach his little boy (his lad as he calls him) I have noticed he doesn't call him by name yet though but think thats my doing as I have told him to be prepared with more names he likes just in case he doesn't look like an Edward

My OH has his random moments now and then but other than that he doesnt really involve himself...he just says he cant really get into it until she is here.....maybe cos this is his third child (but fourth pregnancy) but my first that he is quite bored by it...also as he lost a child he says that he gets excited and into it once the baby is born and is ok.....

I do think it is harder for men as they do not have the connection like we have.....before i got pregnant i had felt kicks on my friends belly but it is not the same as feeling your baby inside you and as the men cant experience it...its not the same for them....i think their bonding happens more when the baby is out....whereas we have the bond since "the pee stick says pregnant"!

You know what my OH has been really good about accepting things and getting involved. I think until my first scan he just had to "take my word for it" if you know what i mean.

But once we have scans and the LO moves around and stuff its so much easier for them and they can feel a part of it too

My OH says he won't really feel like a dad til she's born but he's still very excited and involved as much as he can be, I'm very proud of him for that. I don't think it really hit home until she started to get more active - now he can't shut up about her, lol.

I had my first scan at approx 7-8 weeks(due to problems), since then my hubby has been soooooo excited! We only found out at 6 weeks! Hes like a child waiting for christmas to come!!!!

My hubbys involved himself quite a bit, he knows i check the net weekly to see how big the baby is ect and he asks me what i know, he feels my belly and asks me all the time if im ok.
We often talk about names and we know (already) the plans for the birth ect.

my dh is now, he wasnt to start with as he couldnt see or feel anything!

he now refers to me as annabump! and is forever resting his head on top of my bump to feel baby move.

he also got into building the nursery furniture,

we cant wait now

my hubby has been great with bump. always feels it and talks about it and when he comes in he always says hi to his 2 favourite people. it is lovely. at times he will talk to the bump. he loves it and now that i am really big the hubby has become a legend and is trying to do everything, he may be rubbish at some things but at least he is trying

DH has only started to talk a bit about now. When I asked him about why he doesnt seem really excited he told me it was becaue of his age. (Im 39 and he's 49). We TTC for so long until we adopted our daugher and then kinda forgot about it thinking it was never going to happen. DH hasn't looked at baby products with me up and doesntseem real interested in preparing the nursery. I realize he's not being an Ahole, but he does work out of province and is home only 1 week a month. I guess he's mising out on alot, scans etc, so it's difficult forhim to relate. He's starting to get into the swing of things now though, finding out it was a boy made it more real I guess.

My husband is using his vacation to paint and assemble the nursery. He's quite keen about that and about feeling for kicks. He has been to almost every appointment and class that I have and I think he's going to be an amazing dad.
We are both pretty giddy with excitement.
I would say, though, that he was more hesitant at the start. I think I was, too. Maybe a bit afraid to get too attached in case something happened?
Then we had the first scan and that was pretty much it for both of us - full blown baby excitement.:)

My OH is finally getting excited about things. Before he really wasn't interested and didn't even remember my due date LOL But last night he asked when the baby is ready to come out b/c he's getting inpatient (I wonder how he thinks I feel?!)

My hubby has been really into it from the start. He's wanted kids for a few years already, before I was ready. Until the first scan we both tried not to get too into planning and he was quite firm with me about not buying anything until 12 weeks! Not even a magazine!

I didn't mind though, I had said before we got pregnant that I wanted to wait before buying things. I just had the odd moment of weekness around the magazine racks and he steered me back on course!

He regularly talks to the bump and has been doing more to help around the house. :cloud9:

My oh has been so excited from the start , he rubs and talks to bump everyday and carnt do enough to prepare for bubbas arrival !!

I feel really lucky that he is so involved !

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->