Is your OH obsessed with his phone?

TwilightAgain

LTW for our LO <3
Reaction score
This is someone that has been bugging me for a while now. I myself am not bothered if it runs out of battery or can leave it in another room for a good few hours, I really don't care and don't check it too often.

My OH on the other hand has it constantly in his hand or by his side. If an advert comes on he'll grab it, if I nip to the loo or out of the room for a second or even change a dvd I don't even have to look to know he's on it. It's annoying when i'm talking to him and he'll pick it up to read his messages on the lock screen (iphone) and i'm like hello? I'm talking to you and he's like aha i'm listening. So i'll say well no you're on your phone so he finishes reading the message and replies before he will reluctantly lock it and put it down.

It's facebook, he's bloody addicted to it. Why oh why do people feel the need to be 'friends' with everyone they've come into contact with. Why can't the home be a private family place instead of providing a running commentary to the rest of your hometown. It's like wow you said hello to them in the corridor, now you must be instantly friends :roll:

I feel like screaming PUT YOUR EFFING PHONE DOWN! Does anyone else have this problem? It really grinds my gears. More so lately.

....And breathe.

Oh dear, no I wouldn't say DH is although he got a new iPhone last weekend and is away with work this week so I haven't felt the full effects yet. But tbh I am bad with the iPad, I can barely watch tv without using the iPad as well so I would be a hypocrite to get annoyed at DH, he isn't bothered by Facebook and things though it is games that are his weakness. Mine is BnB lol.

We decided a few months ago to have an hour a night with no screens, no phone, laptop or iPad so we spend some quality time together, it worked well but we let it slip, will be re-implementing it when he's back!

no but i know that if he did have an obsession with it i would be seriously peeved!

My OH does play on his phone a fair bit, but I don't find it annoying as sometimes occasionally I can be just as bad xD

Both OH and I hardly look at our phones after about 7pm when I am in from work.

Both DH and I only have basic nokia phones (not smartphones), and we don't use facebook or anything like that. To be honest we are very antiphones (we think they are zombifying humanity :rofl: ) , and get annoyed by the very behaviour you describe in hubby so I can imagine how you feel! If I was you I'd probably drop it down the toilet!

I must say my DH is a computer freak, and when programming or playing an engaging game, he would often talk to me while looking at the screen. I've told him how very ignorant this is, and refuse to answer unless he looks at me and leaves the computer XXXX

Two words. Candy crush. Arrrrgh!

But im just as bad with ebay so can't really moan. It's when they get endless msgs all night from a friend joking around and neither lads can be the one to stop. Probably a last word mentality, but that msg buzz going off every five mins drives me mad!

I'm single so can't say I get annoyed by it, because I'm like it!! FOB used to moan all the time that I was forever on it, which was mainly using BnB! But I have my phone on me at all times, I take it to the loo with me, kitchen when cooking etc. mines not just Facebook but here, the news, candy crush, and other mind numbing games!!

Day has a basic Samsung phone from 2004 ;) it's off most of the time when he's at home, he switches it on when he has work or when he goes out to call us.

But I'm kind of like your OH :blush: my iPhone is around almost all day, if it runs out of battery I use my galaxy note :haha: my lectures & audios are on my phone & tablet, I use both to take notes & organise my tasks.

We are both like this, it can be annoying but I know im just as bad. We have a rule we dont have our phones when having dinner. It really annoys me when hes on his phone when were at the shop though

My OH barely uses his, does my head in! Try and ring him and the phone rings next to me :dohh:

Oh God. I'm the one addicted to my iphone in our house. I think it does send hubby mad!

Can't say I'm not a little like that, however, what bugs me is his physical impossibility to not reply to a text or whatever. Like he HAS to do it, and yes a lot of the time it's worth it but there are so many times when it just isn't bloody appropriate and to just wait to text until it is or just ignore the f ing phone call. Eg he went to his mates stag do where he was away, his dad has a bad habit of ringing at the WRONG time and he won't tell him to call another time and whilst he was being shown round he was on the phone to his dad. Just remembered he also did this whilst I was in labour..... Even leaving the room for 3 mins as his dad WOULDNT stop ringing and he wouldn't not pick up the phone. I have warned him he will not pick the phone up to anyone this time round and of need be turn it off! His mum sometimes text him at like gone 10pm and he always replies (is it just me who thinks that inappropriate?) he won't even turn his phone on bloody silent. I tell him at night all the time stop replying! He won't, then gets a text which beeps again! IM TRYING TO SLEEP!!
He also thinks it's ok to text people before 7am.. Again I don't think that's appropriate and forever telling him to wait until a bit later as not everyone wakes as early as we do!
So yer that really bugs me!!!

OH has 3 phones, all smartphones so he's always on them. But so am I. But we don't use them when we're having a conversation though.

nope but he will get obsessions with certain programmes and watch loads of it which irritates. Neither of us are overly bothered with our phones. He is usually quite good and will turn stuff off if I am talking to him though. The tv programme thing drives me mad though as I don't want the watch the same programme every night haha. I think everyone has irritating habits. With face book we both have but very rarely post or go on it

My hubby is the same,I know hes not to up to anything "dodgy"on there but it annoy the crap out of me,Also hes the same with people on Facebook,He went on a 3 week training coarse in Crewe last week and was friends with literally everyone on FB by the time he was done....Why?!!!!!!!!!

Gah!

This is someone that has been bugging me for a while now. I myself am not bothered if it runs out of battery or can leave it in another room for a good few hours, I really don't care and don't check it too often.

My OH on the other hand has it constantly in his hand or by his side. If an advert comes on he'll grab it, if I nip to the loo or out of the room for a second or even change a dvd I don't even have to look to know he's on it. It's annoying when i'm talking to him and he'll pick it up to read his messages on the lock screen (iphone) and i'm like hello? I'm talking to you and he's like aha i'm listening. So i'll say well no you're on your phone so he finishes reading the message and replies before he will reluctantly lock it and put it down.

It's facebook, he's bloody addicted to it. Why oh why do people feel the need to be 'friends' with everyone they've come into contact with. Why can't the home be a private family place instead of providing a running commentary to the rest of your hometown. It's like wow you said hello to them in the corridor, now you must be instantly friends :roll:

I feel like screaming PUT YOUR EFFING PHONE DOWN! Does anyone else have this problem? It really grinds my gears. More so lately.

....And breathe.

Did i write this? :rofl:
I actually feel like demolishing OH's phone!​

My OH hardly uses his phone, it me that's obsessed haha! x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79