Is your second baby easier than your first?

stardust599

Reaction score
My LO is a very demanding, fussy, clingy, upset baby and still is. She fits Dr Sears description of "high-needs" baby. I always swore I'd never have another (but here I am pg with my 2nd already :rofl: ).

I just wondered if anyone has had a baby like this and if they found the 2nd easier or if I'm in for a nightmare again! xx

Can't answer your Q hun coz I only have the one.... but big congratulations!!!! Hope u have a happy & healthy 9 mths xx

Congratulations. So far (touch wood!) my second is easier. There is hope :D

I hope so, I couldn't cope with another Holly! :haha: I'm waiting for another scan next week to see if I can stay in first tri, maybe see you there :D

Congratulations . So far for me my second has been easier , he's just really laid back and content. I'm so thankful .

Aw hunny you must be scared :hugs: I know I was when I got pregnant with Evie. Just remember, even if the baby from hell arrives again, you'll know how to deal with it better. Or that lightening doesn't strike twice :rofl:

Our first is high maintenance. Very!! Love him to pieces though & wouldn't have him any other way. Our second however, is so laid back its untrue! Self settles, is very independent & loves her own space. Thank god!

I guess it's true.

My LO was literally the baby from HELL so I suppose I've done it all before and it can't get any worse :rofl:

I felt okay about it as LO was pretty good for a wee while but now she is cutting her molars she is a moaning, screaming clingy mess again! I can't imagine coping with a colicky, screaming newborn at the same time as my toddler demanding all my attention! xx

My first was a dream! I remember someone asking what I dud when he had a tantrum, I said I don't know he's never had one!!

This one... Jeeeeez. I'm sure I gave birth to a devil child. So high maintenence, doesn't sleep, only feeds through the night and has a cry like a screaming banshee. Our friends are loving it though, they've always said they wanted us to have a nightmare normal baby so they're over the moon!

Love my little psycho baby though!!

Yes! I forget he's there half the time haha isabel was colicky and she would cry all the time (fab sleeper though, the problem was when she was awake!) My husband would come home from work to find me in tears all the time.

But oliver is just so relaxed and chilled out and the happiest baby I've ever seen lol he literally only cries when he's hungry, and at about 8pm as he is trying to settle to sleep for the night.

Lucky luck lucky :)

i think it just depends on what sort of baby you had first time lol. Shelby was an angel sleeping through from 7 weeks and very placid. Little miss Ivy-mae on the other hand is a little monkey and has turned our house upside down in the 7 weeks since she was born. She is very demanding and needs to be held constantly and screams constantly whenever she is awake :) xxxxxxxx

First was a doddle and second a little trickier:thumbup:

Ahh this scares me as my one and only LO has been an absolute dream so far, just the sweetest and happiest little boy, does get a little cranky from time to time, but is just a pleasure. I'm can't think I will be so lucky the next time around if I conceive again. But if they were all like this sweet boy, I would love to have more!! :)

My first was a breeze, such a happy little boy. My second and third were nightmares. But in different ways. My forth is golden, don't know I've got him half the time. Just remember you never have the same child twice!! You'll be fine :) congrats xx

no Mia was a hard work baby and a great toddler onwards, where as Ellie has been a very content baby til now lol xx

My first was very relaxed as a baby but is quite a demanding toddler! My second was a nightmare for the first two months as he had silent reflux, he would scream all the time and wouldn't be put down. Once we got that under control though, the happiest, most smiley and chilled out little boy ever emerged! I do wonder how he will turn out when he's older....

Dear God I hope the 2nd is easier, if I get another Anton Im running away and leaving them with their dad :haha:

My first was medium to high need (a happy baby overall but very clingy and attached in general, sucked thumb so could self settle as of 3 months ish)

My second...its like the same baby all over again only she doesnt suck her thumb so can't self settle and will ONLY allow me to rock/feed her to sleep so I kid you not I haven't had a day/eve away from her since she was born 7 months ago. A plus point is since she was about 4 months she's found my older one entertaining so I've been able to nip to the loo without holding her and such like!

My son was a very high needs and colicky baby - I actually have panicked a few times worrying about what I would do if #2 is the same. He also had a dairy allergy that we didn't know about until 5-6 months so he was unhappy on so many levels!

So far our girl is more laid back, but it's only been a few weeks LOL! My son was pretty chilled out for a week or two until he became a cry-machine. He would cry all day long and never napped until he was 9 months. But now he is chilled out and so so happy - definitely worth the tears LOL. In the end it goes fast though - I can't believe it's been 2 years since my son's newborn days! x

I hope so! Liam is a high maintenance baby for sure! I have always heard the second is the complete opposite of the first.. so FX! lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->