Isaac Robert James - Born 23 April 2010 <3

Embovstar

Mummy to Isaac 23.04.10
Reaction score
Good afternoon ladies

I am the very proud mummy to the VERY beautiful Isaac Robert James Lancaster who was born on Friday 23 April 2010 at 1.23 am weighing 8lb exactly.

His birth story, I will try and keep short ;) is as follows:

On Tuesday at 40+3 my waters broke but since I was not contracting, I was sent home from the hospital and told to return within 24 hours for an induction.

I ended up being induced on Thursday at 9am with sintocin (sp?), which is an IV induction to start off my contractions. I was not given the gel induction because I had GBS and had already ruptured my membranes.

Anyway my contractions started at around 12pm. At 1pm I was 2cms, and along with my tens machine and gas and air, I got to 5 cms by 5pm. Unable to deal with the pain any longer I had meptid and then at 8.30pm an epidural. OMG that is a fecking lifesaver ;)

By 10.00pm I was 10cms, but because Isaac was still quite high up, I was advised to not start pushing. I was eventually allowed to start pushing, and after pushing for an hour and a half, we welcomed our Son.

He was "flat" for 7 mins because he had spent too long sat on the perineum and so became distressed and at birth he needed oxygen. His APGAR scores were 5, 8 and 8. I can't tell you how good it feels to be told that your baby is ok:cry:

I had a 2nd degree tear and needed stitches and because of this, I didn't get to meet our little man for a bloody hour and 15...but how good it was to finally have him in my arms!!! :cloud9:

We spent a few hours in the hospital and were allowed hom yesterday evening. Having Isaac home is amazing. He is everything that we have EVER wanted and simply is the most precious little thing. We cannot believe that we have created something so perfect and soooo good. He is sleeping and eating like a trooper and just so cuddly!!!

The pain of giving birth, especially getting the head out is quite plainly the MOST painful thing that I have EVER experienced. However, I would do it all again in a heartbeat as the feelings that I have now, shared by my husband are just out of this world!!!!

If you got to the end, thank you ;)

Much Love,

Nicola and Isaac xx

congratulations hun!!
i have the same birthday as your LO :happydance: xx

Hi Nicola,
Great story chick. Hope things are going well for you.
Ju
xx

I loved reading your story thanks for sharing it hunni

Big Congrats on the birth of your little man:flower:

congratulations, I am so pleased for you. thanks for sharing your story, having stitches is horrible, by that stage you just want to be left alone down there don't you x

Congratsss!! Hes stunning. We had the same due day and popped on the same day! x x x

Congratsss!! Hes stunning. We had the same due day and popped on the same day! x x x

Hey Patch, OMG what would have been the odds on that happening!!! How are you doing?

Congrats to you too x

Thanks for the replies ladies. Isaac is 1 week old already, it still hasn't totally sunk (sp?) in that he is ours to keep forever :cloud9: We love him soooooo much it's unreal; I'm amazed every time that I look at him..!

My stitches are still intact bar one, it escaped yesterday lol, I have REALLY swollen feet but other than that, I feel great <3

Isaac weighed 8lb at birth, 7.9 on day 5..he'll have his next postnatal appt on day 10 so it'll be fun seeing what he has gained since then lol

Nicola xx

congrats Nicola!! He's gorgeous xx

You're right, he is beautiful! Congrats :flower:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back