Isaiah Colenzo Shine 27/02/09

mrs shine

Reaction score
Hi!

I've finally got 5 mins to post our birth story.

I woke up on Thursday morning with period like cramps that were regular. Managed to stay in bed til 7 but then had to get up as they were getting more painful and regular, every 10 mins. Had some breakfast, bounced on my ball but all of a sudden at around 9.30 everything stopped, so I convinced myself it was just a false alarm as I was expecting baby to be late.

Then around 12ish the pains started up again, so got bouncing for over an hour. I was pretty sure that something was really happening by now as they were getting closer together.

Mid afternoon I called the midwife team, and a midwife arrived around 4.30pm. She said they were definite contractions so she would examine me and give me a sweep to properly get things going as I hadn't lost any plug . I was 3cm dilated at this point, so she said she'd come back in an hour to see if any progress.

She came back around 6, and the contractions were really starting to kick in, 3-4 every 10 mins. So she said to get some dinner and then get myself to hospital, she booked the pool room for me so I was happy.

I arrived at hospital about 8.30, just about able to walk! They examined me and I was still 3cm...I was so gutted.
Anyways they let me get in the pool even though I wasn't 4-5cm. There I stayed until midnight when the water was not helping, I started on the gas and air around 11pm (fantastic stuff!). At midnight I was 6cm, and in agony but they wouldnt let me have pethidine. Shortly after my waters started to go.
Around 2am I started the transition stage and was begging for pain relief but the wonderful midwife would not let me have an epidural as I had stated it in my plan. She also reminded that my birth plan said to the assisted delivery bit - "not in a million years" so she was sticking to it.

An hour or so later at 03.16 am, Isaiah Colenzo Shine arrived in to the world weighing 7lb 6oz

I am complelety and utterly in love

Attachments

• n632809324_2240968_6413421[1].jpg
    n632809324_2240968_6413421[1].jpg
    36.8 KB · Views: 59
  • n632809324_2240970_5359047[1].jpg
    n632809324_2240970_5359047[1].jpg
    48.9 KB · Views: 50
Congratulations! He's beautiful! Your midwifery team sound wonderful!

Congratulations Joy :happydance:

Isaiah is gorgeous! :cloud9: I'm so happy for you and Mr Shine xxxxx

Sounds a really positive birth story too. Glad to hear your MW stuck to your birth plan as you hear so many people say they don't even get looked at!

I'm sooooooooo jealous that you my due date buddy have a beautiful bouncing baby and there is still no sign of my little bean arriving :cry:

Congratulations! He is absolutely gorgeous!

xxx

Congratulations Joy :happydance:

Isaiah is gorgeous! :cloud9: I'm so happy for you and Mr Shine xxxxx

Sounds a really positive birth story too. Glad to hear your MW stuck to your birth plan as you hear so many people say they don't even get looked at!

I'm sooooooooo jealous that you my due date buddy have a beautiful bouncing baby and there is still no sign of my little bean arriving :cry:

Thanks hun. I was really impressed too, I didn't think it would get looked at either but we even got to find the sex ourselves and mr shine got to cut the cord too

:hug: I hope your lo will be here soon too hun, come on bean xx

Congratulations! He is gorgeous!!

xxx

Aww hun hes lovely, and u did soo well. MW sounded so nice aswell, hope mines are like tht.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->