ISIS and child beheadings?

OnyxSnowfall

2 boys and a girl!
Reaction score
Sorry if this thread has been mentioned before ---

I can't help but worry about ISIS and their threats on U.S and Europe and the poor poor people being afflicted by them in the M.E.

I can't believe they would go so far as to cut a poor little boy in half, behead toddlers and bury women and children alive etc. WTF?!?!

What does everyone think about it? It has me in shambles tbh.

https://www.cbn.com/cbnnews/world/2014/August/ISIS-Swallowing-Iraq-Theyre-Beheading-Children-/

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Islamic_State_of_Iraq_and_the_Levant

NEXT LINK IS VERY GRAPHIC... don't look if you cannot handle seeing some of the horrors I've mentioned.

https://www.catholic.org/news/international/middle_east/story.php?id=56339

It's seems horrible to me for sure!

But part of the problem is in how different cultures can ( and what's not accepted in one is accepted on another.

But I'm horrified by it. :(

Oh, but I don't know what ISIS Is. The only information I know is what you just posted.

They are a terrorists organization that has no respect for life of any kind...

Yes! Sorry I didn't provide anymore information (I attached a few links now).

They're apparently making threats on many countries. They're trying to genocide Christians / those who will not convert to their extremist religious views.

They seem to have no boundaries... no humanity within them.

I am terribly upset about the ISIS and their terror actions. Since I am a christian I pray daily for this to stop. I feel every country should get together an defeat these human beings who behave as inhuman beings. My heart goes out for those suffering Christians. Lord have mercy on us and help us Amen.

Of course it's awful but I really think the West is handling the whole terrorism thing completely wrong. We are looking at the whole situations as if we have had no part whatsoever and that we are victims and need to apply force alone to the situation, and while there is certainly a necessity for using force and trying to control it we are ignoring the multiple causes, and many of us are indirectly responsible for many triggers to terrorism.

You cannot have conversations or talk politics with people that have no soul.. I am sorry, but I am so sick of people criticizing the US for every friggin thing we do, it's amazing..

They ( Terrorists) have no remorse no compassion and there only intent is to kill innocent people.. The heads of arab states should be looking at their policies , should be protecting their fellow Muslims, should be sending aid to Palestine should be holding talks with Syria, should be participating in stopping Radical islam. Instead they keep funding these disgusting people, opening Madrassas all over the middle east, teaching children how to hate, how to be "Martyr's" for their cause.. Why is it we should handle it different? They should be speaking out, changing people's minds.. They make a mess and when we clean it up, it's us, it's our foreign policy, it's always something we did or didn't do.. They behead innocent people without flinching, and videotape it.. not someone who I would want to sit down and break bread with or aim to talk peace with..:flower:

You cannot have conversations or talk politics with people that have no soul.. I am sorry, but I am so sick of people criticizing the US for every friggin thing we do, it's amazing..

They ( Terrorists) have no remorse no compassion and there only intent is to kill innocent people.. The heads of arab states should be looking at their policies , should be protecting their fellow Muslims, should be sending aid to Palestine should be holding talks with Syria, should be participating in stopping Radical islam. Instead they keep funding these disgusting people, opening Madrassas all over the middle east, teaching children how to hate, how to be "Martyr's" for their cause.. Why is it we should handle it different? They should be speaking out, changing people's minds.. They make a mess and when we clean it up, it's us, it's our foreign policy, it's always something we did or didn't do.. They behead innocent people without flinching, and videotape it.. not someone who I would want to sit down and break bread with or aim to talk peace with..:flower:

And our big household brands that we're so addicted to in the West causes the suffering and death of millions of innocent people in Eastern countries, without flinching. They don't videotape it, because why would they, but we know it goes on and how much do we really care or try to stop it? At least videotaping this shit means they have a purpose other than getting painfully rich. I don't in any way condone it, it's vile and frightening, but we are not blameless. Our countries are not blameless.

And I'm sorry but the bits in bold are ridiculous and ignorant.

And our big household brands that we're so addicted to in the West causes the suffering and death of millions of innocent people in Eastern countries, without flinching. They don't videotape it, because why would they, but we know it goes on and how much do we really care or try to stop it? At least videotaping this shit means they have a purpose other than getting painfully rich. I don't in any way condone it, it's vile and frightening, but we are not blameless. Our countries are not blameless.

I'm ignorant for saying They ( Terrorists) have no remorse no compassion and there only intent is to kill innocent people.??.Ok. Thanks for that... That is their only intent .. How do you have a soul when you behead a human being or an animal for that matter.. How is that ignorant.. .. But ok, I wont debate your opinion of me..:flower:

This isn't about big household brands though, not sure how this is relevant to extreme religious views? Which from my understanding was what this terrorist organisation was about?
Our countries are not blameless?! Some of these fighters are from our countries! Countries that have provided them with a home, education, health care, religious freedom. If you mean our countries are not blameless as they've allowed them to develop these disgusting views and spread hate and then go and fight for these terrorists then you'd be correct.
I think that statements like yours are what is wrong with the UK at the moment, everyone is so afraid of being labelled racist or ignorant that we're all frightened to speak out against these terrible acts.
You shouldn't throw those words around when what the pp said was accurate anyway. She wasn't being ignorant, it was a pretty accurate description of a terrorist surely?

This isn't about big household brands though, not sure how this is relevant to extreme religious views? Which from my understanding was what this terrorist organisation was about?

It's in fact extremely relevant. There are so many things that have contributed to the rise of Islamism and many we are indeed blameless in, but in many we are not. Many, many large companies based in the West have caused suffering in Eastern countries. It happens continually, and so many of our large brand names are responsible. There have also been many campaigns to stop it but really no one cares. No one stops buying, no difference is made. One very recent example is the privatisation of large areas of water in Pakistan by Nestle in order to make mineral water to be sold in the West, forcing many out of their homes, and causing poverty, sickness and death. For many, the fact that we allow this, and support it with our trade, is basically an act of terrorism in itself. Like I said, this happens continually.

Then you have the fact that in countries where Islam is the main religion, the consumerist society, which is seen as very much 'Western' (and is to a large extent), is to a large extent completely at odds with Muslim values. Extensive consumerism, nudity presented in adverts, or immodest clothes and an obsession with beauty, idolisation of brands and lifestyles, all stand against Islamic values. And yet this consumer culture of the West is everywhere, directly contradicting the beliefs and lifestyles of many. Then there's the fact that there is often a very large rich-poor divide. If people living in extreme poverty are seeing the wealth of their country going seemingly directly on Western consumerist lifestyles, they are gong to rebel against the West, and for the most part this results in people attempting to return to 'true' Islamic values, and therefore acting more modestly, living more traditionally etc. For the vast majority this by no means results in terrorism, but for some, the combination of poverty, suffering, atrocities committed by Western companies, and a loss of their traditional values can lead to extremism in the form of terrorism.

We also mustn't forget that the West colonised many Muslim countries, forcing our values and laws on people, causing suffering and destroying traditions. Then we supported various corrupt leaders, including the Taliban. This not only fostered contempt of the West in Eastern countries, but to an extent it made the governments and religious institutions (Islam has no body of authority in the way that Catholics have the Pope, as it was destroyed) themselves unstable when they became independent, meaning that many Islamic countries have suffered poverty and unjust governments as an indirect consequence of Western greed and power.

Then there are the countless wars we have been involved in, rightly or wrongly, which, regardless of their intentions have caused the death and suffering of millions of innocent people. Many in the West are of the opinion that the Iraq war was largely about oil and so wealth and power in the West (again), so imagine your opinion of our ways if your home had been destroyed and members of your family killed for this reason. Then after we take action in countries, we often try to implement our ways of thinking. It isn't okay to do this any more than it is okay for others to insist that their way of thinking is correct and come to Britain and force change. I'm not talking major human rights issues either, because that is understandable. For example, after Saddam Hussein's death there was a whole thing about how the US didn't want to put a Muslim president in to power in Iraq... Like what the actual fuck?! It's a Muslim country and a Muslim president is as natural as a Christian or atheist leader would be in the West (and yes I would absolutely support a leader of any other religion in Britain/America but I am just drawing a comparison).

Then there are things like Gaza, which is directly supported by America's provision of military funding to Israel. Not to mention the fact that we, the West, took land from others and gave it to the Jewish people, which in turn has caused decades of death and suffering.

So no, we are not innocent. Totally to blame? Of course not. But I really think we need to try and understand their point of view because force alone will not stop the problem. It is like trying to solve a stomach ache with painkillers alone, and not addressing the food intolerance that is causing the problem in the first place.

Instead though, we are turning to hate and fear in equal measures. Religious intolerance in the West has dramatically increased. Racism has increased. And so the divide between the West and Islam, even in the West itself, is growing, and so will terrorism.

Our countries are not blameless?! Some of these fighters are from our countries! Countries that have provided them with a home, education, health care, religious freedom.

Providing health care etc. is a great thing but it doesn't make the country as a whole blameless, just like a find act of a criminal does not excuse a crime.

I think that statements like yours are what is wrong with the UK at the moment, everyone is so afraid of being labelled racist or ignorant that we're all frightened to speak out against these terrible acts.

No one is afraid of being labelled as racist, I don't think many people, myself included, would deny that these acts are horrendous, and I certainly wasn't labelling anyone as racist. Every politician in the country has condemned it. I really think that this 'afraid of speaking out' is nonsense, and far from what is wrong with our country.

You shouldn't throw those words around when what the pp said was accurate anyway. She wasn't being ignorant, it was a pretty accurate description of a terrorist surely?

1) If you believe in souls at all, who is anyone to decide absolutely who has one or not? It's ridiculous. And it's also silly to assume that evil and compassion are mutually exclusive. Everyone has the capacity to do evil, and to an extent everyone does. The vast majority of people have the capacity for compassion. And yes it is stupid to say someone has no compassion because they commit an evil act. Anyway, if these people were without souls, as they have been described, these acts would not take place. The problem is that while they are atrocious and disgusting acts, to see them as evil for the sake of evil is counterproductive, because it means we cannot effectively solve the problem because we are not understanding it or addressing the source. Fact is, awful as they are, they are not without purpose (and no, I do not agree with the purpose, but it cannot be denied that there is one). To these people the reason behind these acts is incredibly potent and something they feel is vitally important. Extreme acts, especially in large organised forms, rarely happen without an equally extreme reason.

If we are going to stop this then we need to take responsibility for our wrongs and try to right them. Stopping Western based companies from committing atrocities against people in Eastern countries is just one thing we could do.

I think radicalization has to be taken in to account. Its not all about consumerism, as much as many of the big western companies are abhorant in their policies and practices they also provide jobs which allow many to survive. I have a family member who have done work in middle east and many people he met are just greatful for the jobs that allow them to provide food for their families.we have seen radicalization in this country, you will notice in reports these people are not generally from poor families. They have benefited greatly from the western country they have decided to recide in. These terrorists are brain washing young children to kill. They do not represent Islam, they represent a cult which does not promote peace, they promote death. Of course there is political unrest due to us been involved in wars. Tony blairs involving the UK in Iraq was technicaly illegal. We should respect culture for example dressing modestly while in Muslim countries however that respect also needs to be precipitated in western countries. If you decide to live somewhere you should abide by rules and culture by respecting it. There is no excuse to beheading people, no excuse to killing innocents, the people they are targeting are not killed in war, journalists who could garner them sympathy, children, men, women going about daily business been killed, Christians pushed from homes for own religion all for a cause which is not Islams but a power mad group who don't care who they hurt in the process

Our countries are not blameless?! Some of these fighters are from our countries! Countries that have provided them with a home, education, health care, religious freedom. If you mean our countries are not blameless as they've allowed them to develop these disgusting views and spread hate and then go and fight for these terrorists then you'd be correct.

Thanks. I didn't call anyone names and just cause you do not agree with someone's post , you should not call them ignorant. But I have to remember people are not like me, people are not to nice sometimes :flower:

It's in fact extremely relevant. There are so many things that have contributed to the rise of Islamism and many we are indeed blameless in, but in many we are not. Many, many large companies based in the West have caused suffering in Eastern countries. It happens continually, and so many of our large brand names are responsible. There have also been many campaigns to stop it but really no one cares. No one stops buying, no difference is made. One very recent example is the privatisation of large areas of water in Pakistan by Nestle in order to make mineral water to be sold in the West, forcing many out of their homes, and causing poverty, sickness and death. For many, the fact that we allow this, and support it with our trade, is basically an act of terrorism in itself. Like I said, this happens continually.

Then you have the fact that in countries where Islam is the main religion, the consumerist society, which is seen as very much 'Western' (and is to a large extent), is to a large extent completely at odds with Muslim values. Extensive consumerism, nudity presented in adverts, or immodest clothes and an obsession with beauty, idolisation of brands and lifestyles, all stand against Islamic values. And yet this consumer culture of the West is everywhere, directly contradicting the beliefs and lifestyles of many. Then there's the fact that there is often a very large rich-poor divide. If people living in extreme poverty are seeing the wealth of their country going seemingly directly on Western consumerist lifestyles, they are gong to rebel against the West, and for the most part this results in people attempting to return to 'true' Islamic values, and therefore acting more modestly, living more traditionally etc. For the vast majority this by no means results in terrorism, but for some, the combination of poverty, suffering, atrocities committed by Western companies, and a loss of their traditional values can lead to extremism in the form of terrorism.

We also mustn't forget that the West colonised many Muslim countries, forcing our values and laws on people, causing suffering and destroying traditions. Then we supported various corrupt leaders, including the Taliban. This not only fostered contempt of the West in Eastern countries, but to an extent it made the governments and religious institutions (Islam has no body of authority in the way that Catholics have the Pope, as it was destroyed) themselves unstable when they became independent, meaning that many Islamic countries have suffered poverty and unjust governments as an indirect consequence of Western greed and power.

Then there are the countless wars we have been involved in, rightly or wrongly, which, regardless of their intentions have caused the death and suffering of millions of innocent people. Many in the West are of the opinion that the Iraq war was largely about oil and so wealth and power in the West (again), so imagine your opinion of our ways if your home had been destroyed and members of your family killed for this reason. Then after we take action in countries, we often try to implement our ways of thinking. It isn't okay to do this any more than it is okay for others to insist that their way of thinking is correct and come to Britain and force change. I'm not talking major human rights issues either, because that is understandable. For example, after Saddam Hussein's death there was a whole thing about how the US didn't want to put a Muslim president in to power in Iraq... Like what the actual fuck?! It's a Muslim country and a Muslim president is as natural as a Christian or atheist leader would be in the West (and yes I would absolutely support a leader of any other religion in Britain/America but I am just drawing a comparison).

Then there are things like Gaza, which is directly supported by America's provision of military funding to Israel. Not to mention the fact that we, the West, took land from others and gave it to the Jewish people, which in turn has caused decades of death and suffering.

So no, we are not innocent. Totally to blame? Of course not. But I really think we need to try and understand their point of view because force alone will not stop the problem. It is like trying to solve a stomach ache with painkillers alone, and not addressing the food intolerance that is causing the problem in the first place.

Instead though, we are turning to hate and fear in equal measures. Religious intolerance in the West has dramatically increased. Racism has increased. And so the divide between the West and Islam, even in the West itself, is growing, and so will terrorism.

Our countries are not blameless?! Some of these fighters are from our countries! Countries that have provided them with a home, education, health care, religious freedom.

Providing health care etc. is a great thing but it doesn't make the country as a whole blameless, just like a find act of a criminal does not excuse a crime.

No one is afraid of being labelled as racist, I don't think many people, myself included, would deny that these acts are horrendous, and I certainly wasn't labelling anyone as racist. Every politician in the country has condemned it. I really think that this 'afraid of speaking out' is nonsense, and far from what is wrong with our country.

1) If you believe in souls at all, who is anyone to decide absolutely who has one or not? It's ridiculous. And it's also silly to assume that evil and compassion are mutually exclusive. Everyone has the capacity to do evil, and to an extent everyone does. The vast majority of people have the capacity for compassion. And yes it is stupid to say someone has no compassion because they commit an evil act. Anyway, if these people were without souls, as they have been described, these acts would not take place. The problem is that while they are atrocious and disgusting acts, to see them as evil for the sake of evil is counterproductive, because it means we cannot effectively solve the problem because we are not understanding it or addressing the source. Fact is, awful as they are, they are not without purpose (and no, I do not agree with the purpose, but it cannot be denied that there is one). To these people the reason behind these acts is incredibly potent and something they feel is vitally important. Extreme acts, especially in large organised forms, rarely happen without an equally extreme reason.

If we are going to stop this then we need to take responsibility for our wrongs and try to right them. Stopping Western based companies from committing atrocities against people in Eastern countries is just one thing we could do.

I'm not saying I agree with some of the large companies policies or methods. What I am saying is saying we are pushing them into extremism just isn't true. Do you think the same of those that run with the BNP? Plenty of muslims have commited atrocities right here, they've murdered innocent people in the name of their religion, and they have preached hate in our schools. Does that excuse white British citizens to feel they have no choice but to turn to extremism too? If you're saying that a select few that run these companies make us all somewhat responsible for them murdering innocent men, women and children, surely by the same token it's okay for us to persecute all muslims, innocent or not, by joining these racist groups as we've also been pushed to it by the actions of a select few? How would you feel if someone you love was murdered in the name of Islam? Would you say, 'well, by buying Nestle we did push them to it, I'll accept my portion of the blame'. I doubt it. But by the same token I would hope you would see it was an individual that committed that terrible act, and not rush to murder all muslims and those with Islamic sympathies, or join the BNP and support people that do think that way. Because isn't that what's happening by this logic?
I also think maybe we'd be more sympathetic to their plight and more likely to defend people if they treated their people properly in the first place. Look at all the women they stone to death and rape. A lot of people feel all aid to Pakistan should be stopped completely until they stop condoning these horrible acts against women in the name of Islam, and do something to punish those responsible. I recently read about a man in a Pakistan village who had a fight with another man, he saw the village elders and they decided to punish the other man, this man could rape his 12 year old daughter. And he did. Dragged her from her home and raped her. No one in the village intervened, because the elders had decided it was fair.
But I digress, I merely meant to make the point that the West is not responsible for them wanting to kill us all and other innocent people and commit vile acts when they do this anyway without provocation.
How can we reason with these people? They're not protesting peacefully in the street in mass numbers to complain about their treatment by the West, they're killing people! And planning on killing thousands more! In my opinion the time for reasoning and taking responsibility for our part and trying to right wrongs is long gone, it's time to fight fire with fire and defend ourselves and our people from these nutcases. And as I mentioned before, a lot of the people joining ISIS are from here! They haven't been forced out of their homes or suffered due to big brands, they've probably bought these big brands their whole lives. I fail to see how these people have suffered due to consumerism and feel the need to rebel against the West, when due to living in the West they've probably have a far better life than they would have done if they'd lived in a poverty stricken country in the East.
These are not innocent people that we've wronged and pushed into extreme choices, these are terrorists that have no need whatsoever to commit the crimes they're committing. I cannot believe that anyone would justify their actions as just saying they're basically defending themselves against us being unfair to them.
And I really think it's the other way around to be honest. I don't think religious intolerance in the West is growing and therefore so is terrorism, I think terrorism is growing and it's creating fear and intolerance in the West.

I hope some of this has made sense. I fear I've rambled and gone off point when I've not meant to, but I'm very tired, so apologies if it's not the most coherent.

Totally agree with the above. Each of us choose our own paths in life. Terrible things happen to people every day, not everyone will then go out and choose revenge. When you look at those radicalised in uk can you say its due to nestle, no of course not. There is a huge divide in wealth in these countries. This can partly be seen as a history of the west exploiting other cultures but it can also be seen as a corrupt system of government within the countries themselves. I studied human rights as part of degree and a huge problem in these countries as huge companies such as primemark etc exploiting workers is needed due to people need jobs to survive. Although they work in deplorable conditions if they did not have that job they could not eat which is obviously what allows companies to exploit. When you choose to behead someone ( and let's all remember that the video of beheading and threats towards west from 'john' was someone from UK not some poverty stricken exploited person) you are not fighting a cause, you are evil. You are taking always someone's life in a horrific way. I just cannot justify anyone doing that in my mind. 9/11 did not discriminate age, sex, religion, innocent people boarded those planes and were used as a weapon, the tube attacks in London the same. What right did terrorists have to decide who lives and dies. They see people as a means to an end and in doing so disregard the sanctidy of life. They have not discriminated who they kill. What child deserves to be shot, beheaded etc what adult for that matter for a cause that is inexcusable. As above just look at Pakistan and the awful treatment of women, culture is not an excuse, poverty is not an excuse, big companies are not an excuse. For people living in the western culture is it to be blamed on us the game of politics as it is normal people who are threatened. Many protested the war in Iraq for example. I just feel sorry for those who are Muslim who now face discrimination because of this groups terrorism which does not actually reflect a peaceful religion

Guys I am not condoning this stuff in any way! It makes me as sick as it makes you. I think the views of extremists are largely warped and ignorant and wholly wrong. And for the most part I very much like the British government, and I love how fortunate I am to live in the UK. Nor was I trying to attack anyone. I take no action to stop any of this, just like most other people. I drink Coke and use Nestle products and all of the rest of it. I was just saying that I really honestly do not believe that we can solve anything with force alone, and by seeing these people as evil machines without purpose.

Andypanda I was not calling you ignorant, but I disliked your comment that people cannot be evil and compassionate. We like to pidgeon hole people in to categories of good and bad and I think that's a big problem with how we deal with a great many things.

Bex- No it is not all about consumerism. It is about a great many things. That is one small factor that I stated as something we contribute to. If we were to list every contributing factor we'd be here all day. And yes, many people don't object to capitalism, but we also need to remember that Islamists are also a minority. I'm not sure what you mean about people respecting our culture when in our country? And as for it not being about Islam- I agree to an extent, but it is tied up in Islam, even if it is not correct or true Islam. It is Islam to these people, so although it is not an Islamic ideology to many Muslims it is to them, if you see what I mean? So although it is not Islam it still very much is. And certainly it is not acceptable, but that is not what I'm saying. All I was trying to say was that a mass of factors have contributed to this happening. I didn't say oh well we did awful things so it's okay to kill people. That wasn't my point in any way, shape or form.

KatherineGrey- In fact if you study the effect of multiculturalism, particularly after 9/11, you'll find that the rise of parties like the BNP has been huge, as have racist attitudes and a 'crack down' on religious practises such as the wearing of veils in France. So yes, the atrocities committed by Muslims have led many to act in equally hateful ways, albeit on a smaller scale. But the difference is that the Western oppression, in its various forms, has been going on for centuries. It is an incredibly long build up to the situation we have now. Hence why the consequences are on a larger scale.

If you're saying that a select few that run these companies make us all somewhat responsible for them murdering innocent men, women and children I am not saying that for goodness sake. I am saying that it is a contributing factor and is something that is real and needs addressing because otherwise I don't think anything will improve. surely by the same token it's okay for us to persecute all muslims, innocent or not, by joining these racist groups as we've also been pushed to it by the actions of a select few? That comparison doesn't work. I wasn't saying we all deserve to be murdered because large brands originate in the West. I really don't think you understand my point at all.

How would you feel if someone you love was murdered in the name of Islam? Would you say, 'well, by buying Nestle we did push them to it, I'll accept my portion of the blame'. I doubt it. But by the same token I would hope you would see it was an individual that committed that terrible act, and not rush to murder all muslims and those with Islamic sympathies, or join the BNP and support people that do think that way. Because isn't that what's happening by this logic? No, it really isn't. Being blameless and deserving death is not the same thing by any standards.

I also think maybe we'd be more sympathetic to their plight and more likely to defend people if they treated their people properly in the first place. I'm not sure what you mean here because there are so many countries that have a Muslim majority. Yes there are countries that have severe political problems but that does not mean that the people themselves are lacking in morals. And you also have to understand that in the majority of countries the ISIS has nothing whatsoever to do with the government, and stands against it. And, for the billionth time, I am not defending their (ETA by 'their' I mean ISIS's, NOT Muslims' in general) morals, their views on women, or punishment, or anything like that.

You keep stating that I am defending them. I don't know how much clearer I can state that I am not.

I do think the West's culture is an abomination to many views and values held in the M.E and elsewhere --- the sheer amounts of focus on lust, physical beauty, idolatry, indulgence, convenience, wealth, power, etc (although these things are not at all unique to the West [and have been committed and sought through-out history globally]) --- and trying to enforce them upon a people against such would likely provoke them (even coming to view their own as traitors if they welcome such) ---

With that said, though,

Muhammad was not a stellar individual (he was a murderous thief and slave-trader AND he consummated marriage with a nine year old girl [Aisha]). It's my understanding that the Qur’an includes hateful, narcisstic "scriptures" --- and is founded from a twisted madman.

All things predating Nestle and U.S etc.

It would seem to me many modern proclaimed Muslims aren't even aware of much of the Qur’an --- and rather take on secular twists or have been influenced by other religions --- much like many Christians haven't read the Holy Bible and are unaware of many things within it (like God purportedly ordering genocides... including that of innocent infants and women [but even in the Old Testament, many times God didn't condone taking of corrupt spoils whereas Muhammad relished in them heh]).

I feel horrible for Yazidis who carry around far more ancient practices than Christianity and Islam and are being threatened for such (I don't know why else ISIS would attempt to exterminate them).

I wish I could see the truth through all the propaganda. What it's always really been about. I see fragile beings, maybe desperately trying to come to terms with mortality --- but maybe it's nothing of the sort.

How much is due to greed, selfishness, control, pleasure?

The only thing I'm actually certain about is that it is evil to assault/kill/hurt a child and there isn't any excuse nor reason good enough to.

By respecting culture I mean those who have come to western countries who promote extremesome when they have choosen a country which is western. If they hate western culture whyove to a western country. I'm talking more about those promoting extremisome to young Muslims, even trying to infultrate schools. To extent you are absolutely right its linked to Islam but rather than true meaning of the religion it has been twisted by those who want power over others. I never took it as you condoning. I find it hard to even watch or read the news. It is a scary world we are living in

They R evil, what would you call them??? I could not even swat a dog, let alone cut a person's head off..To do this you have to be totally dead inside..

The majority of Muslims in the world do not want to live under an Islamic-religious government.. Woman want their freedom, they want to go to school and have careers, they were the Hi-jab out of custom , it's not Islamic law, but the terrorists will tell you it's law. They stone women, it's not islamic law. Muhammad preached tolerance and also put women on a very high pedestal. We don't believe all muslims think like these extremists.. In Islam they also believe in Jesus not as I do, but they believe he was a prophet. We do not suppress anyone, they come here they get educated they live good lives, they are productive citizens . They respect us and we respect them, they wear half coverings or full coverings here in the US .. These people (Extremists) don't even know what there own Qur'an really says.. It's laughable. Everything they preach is the exact opposite of what islam is..

Their own leaders suppress them not us,.. Are you kidding me. They live in fear on a daily basis. Have you see one Arab state come forward to offer assistance to Syria, Iraq?? Only Egypt has offered for the Israel's and Palestinians to talk peace.
They( Extremists) teach hatred, they( Muslim people in the Middle East) think we hate them because that is what the extremists put into their head when that could not be further from the truth. When you have no hope, when you see despair on a daily basis that is when you turn to what these people have to offer, extremism. But why is their despair and no hope> cause of their own leaders not me buying Nestle...:wacko:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->