Isobel Willow

emmerypemmery

Reaction score
Hi,
Emma is currently feeding Isobel Willow with one arm.
Lets start at the beginning. The short/abridged version is: -

Trying for several years. Get a BFP

Couple of weeks later and Emma is in a car fire on the motorway. She survives but has severe smoke inhalation. Not well for a few days.

Fast forward to week 6. Lets go to hospital again. This time hyperemesis gravidium. She's sick 20+ times a day and throwing up blood. Not a good look.
Weapons grade anti emetics and regular trips to hospital for rehydration just about keep her human.

Repeat several more times untill about week 20, when the Hypermesis abates somewhat to be replaced by Gestational diabetes. Fantastic. She finally feels like eating something to be told she now has to be super careful about her sugar intake. Fortnightly scans are a slight bonus.

Finally we get a quiet spell.

Week 32, Hyperemsis returns.

Week 39 and we are due at the anti natal diabetic clinic.
She's forgotten her BM record for the blood sugar. So pops back into the house. A couple of minutes later my son comes out and says Emma has broken her arm. I wander in not unduly worried. Em can be a bit of a drama queen at times (she's now reading over my shoulder..oops). She's sitting on the kitchen floor with her arm at a most peculiar angle. 999 ambulance blue lights fun and games not!
To cut a very long fraught and frustrating story short.
Her arm is smashed where she hit it against the doorframe protecting her bump. It badly needs plating and pinning. They won't give her enough pain relief to immobilise it properly because of the baby and they won't operate because of the baby. The pain and shock is such that a natural birth would only end in assisted delivery of some sort (I work in the operating department, I see this a lot) so after lots of informing people how things should be done and quoting NICE guidelines. We finally get someone who can make a decision. (10 hours after admission). The only way Em is going to get pain relief is to not be pregnant so at 7:08pm on Thursday the 3rd of September, she became not pregnant via emergency C section. It was both the best and worst of days. A horrible pregnancy ended in a horrible way, with a fantastic beautiful daughter.
Em now has both a daughter, and an immense 11 hole broad AO plate with several dynamic and lag screws fitted and a 12 inch incision on her arm, not to mention the C section wound which has some of the untidiest suturing I've seen in my 6 years working in an obstetric theatre!!!
Mum and baby are now both home and doing incredibly well considering the circumstances.

And she wants a second child!!!!!! Mad!!!!!!!!

As typed by Dad. The tired one!

Attachments

• isobel2.jpg
    isobel2.jpg
    30.8 KB · Views: 90
  • isobel4.jpg
    isobel4.jpg
    27.2 KB · Views: 62
wow hun im so happy for you!
sounds like one heck of a trip tho!
Congrats to both of you and thanks
for updating OH :)

congratulations - what a story. Im sure baby will be bored of hearing it by the time shes all grown up but it will be a great one for a wedding day father of the bride speech!

xxx

wow that was eventful!!!

congrats on your beautiful daughter

i hope the arm and the c-section heal quickly

xxxxxx

Congratulations on a beautiful daughter, really hope luck is now on your side :hugs:

Sxxx

Blimey what a story! sending get well wishes to Mummy and Congratulations to you all xx

omg poor emma. what a nightmare. good job she got a good husband and a beautiful baby to take her mind off the pain. congrats to you both. thats one hell of a story to tell your daughter when she grows up:hugs:

whoa that was some journey you have come!

Glad bubs n mum are both doing good now.......she's real cute!

Flippin 'eck! Talk about doing it the hard way hon! Congrats on your very beautiful daughter.

Heal up neat and soon!

x

congratulations guys and well done to super mum!

I promise never to complain about feeling a bit ill -she has come through so much and you are a star.

love to all the family xx

Oh gosh what a horrible load of experiences!! but im soo pleased that your gorgeous daughter is here and emma is doing well! Congrats xxx

Wow, sounds like she's been through an awful lot!! Congrats though, and well done to her!! x

Wow Poor Emma!! Congratulations on the birth of your baby girl x

Aah, I bet she set her eyes on your beautiful daughter and all that pain was forgotten! Fab story xxx

Wow! That sure is a birth story to remember! Massive congratulations on your little girl, she's adorable. Hope you're feeling better soon emma :hugs:

what a birth story! huge congratulations to the both of you! isobel is beautiful! xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->