Isofix bases... does anyone else have this problem?

Discussion in 'Baby Club' started by Kimmer, Jan 30, 2011.

1. Kimmer

Kimmer Mummy to a beautiful baby

I have an Isofix base for my Britax baby safe plus SHR.

When the base is in the car with the seat attached, the car seat seems to sit up quite a lot? Like she's sitting up quite a lot. So when she falls asleep, her head flops forward. I don't like it at all.

I bought the base when she was two months old, her head flopped everywhere when we first had it so I didn't use it. I've only just tried it again.

Does anyone else have this problem? I've taken it to a car seat centre and they say it's all installed properly and they've never heard of the problem..

Anyone else have this?

2. Kimmer

Kimmer Mummy to a beautiful baby

No one likes me today!

3. ILoveShoes

ILoveShoes Well-Known Member

Hiya,
    We have an isofix base and a maxi cosi pebble seat. Vwe don't have this problem though.
    Sorry I can't help more.
    xx

4. LPF

LPF Well-Known Member

I've got isofix and britax shr2 and it is quite upright - Evan is a big sturdy baby so I guess it never really bothered me because his head didn't really lol forward but I guess it could be a problem.

5. cb1

cb1 Well-Known Member

Yes, we have had the exact same problem with out seat, and according to Britax it's a known issue. They sent an installation guy out to our house who adjusted the base by padding it out with foam which didn't help. We ended up taking it back to mothercare and they exchanged it for the later version of the seat, but that didn't help either! We've been advised to used it without the isofix base...