Isofix car seat and base

HayleyJJ

Reaction score
So I got the pebble maxi Cosy and ISO fix and now found out u need to have the seat belt around the seat as well as the base?

I thought the base made it easier to do

What's the point In spending all this money to have to faff around with the seat belt as well

Anyone help at all? Any advice welcome I'm annoyed I brought it now 😡

That sounds a bit odd, why bother with the base at all?

Look up demos on YouTube hun they'll show you how to fit it!x

No you don't. Do you h have the family fix base? You should be able to install the base with isofix and just click the seat in, without having to use the belt at all.

You use the belt if you don't have the base (and it's a pain and some belts are too short)

You deffo don't need the seatbelt around aswel as an isofix. Where did you buy it? Can't you go and ask them to fit it for you?

If not go into mothercare and ask for a demonstration on how to install it in the car. Once the base is fitted via the isofix anchors the seat just clicks in place.

The only way you would need the seatbelt is if you aren't using the base (ie using someone's else's car instead) or you've got the belted base and not the isofix base, in that case the base is fitted with the seatbelt rather than the isofix points, but still that doesn't require you fitting the seatbelt around the seat as the seat just clicks on the same.

Well my husband said it needs it I said it didn't

He's going my the diagram on side of seat

I think one pic is with base and one without

I LOVE BEING RIGHT THANKS ALL XX

You're right. The diagrams on the side of the seat show you both with the base and without the base. The diagram using the seatbelt is for when you don't have the base.

Phew! I was about to be outraged as well then! Although my car isn't compatible with isofix (only two years old?!) but we knew that before buying the base. Bit of a pain but I intended to change cars anyway as mine is a three door.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->