isthmocele/c section scar causing Secondary Infertility

trying4Pnut2

Reaction score
Please help! I'm so devastated and can't stop crying. I have just found out that my previous c section scar is retaining fluid and that is possibly the reason for my infertility. Research shows that it creates a hostile environment for sperm and also implantation. My Dr says that its not in a spot where a baby would implant but I'm still worried as its been 3 years of ttc and one ectopic pregnancy. It seems like it can also cause ivf to fail. We can only afford to do ivf once and therefore I cannot have something like this to cause it to fail. I don't know what to do or believe anymore and I have no more tears left. Please if anyone has had this issue and still gone on to have a successful pregnancy I would forever be greatful to hear your success story

I am just finding out after almost 2 years of ttc that I may have a c-section scar defect, or isthmocele. My friend, a sonographer, detected the fluid pouch and gave me the report to give to my RE.

I was wondering if you've heard anything about treatment/surgery since you posted 3 months ago. I'm in the same boat as you as far as about to undergo fertility treatments. Next month I'm going to start 3 rounds of IUI followed by IVF if that doesn't work. Now I'm thinking I'll be wasting my time, money, and sanity if I don't deal with this problem.

Hi
Sadly no new developments on my side. My dr's colleague saw fluid in my cervix during my 2nd iui and that is how I came to find out about the ithmocele. My actual Dr then done a scan and said its definitely an ithmocele so I had a hysteroscopy where he dilated my cervix. I had to go back in the middle of my cycle so he could evaluate the situation and decide if I need to do a repair (which he was totally against). When I went for the mid cycle scan he said the fluid was minimal and not in a place where a baby would implant and thus I don't need further surgery to repair the defect. So we are still just trying naturally but have had no luck. Still in two minds as to whether we should attempt ivf

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->