it appears that bubs is further engaged than i thought - excited and nervous!!!

mrs_rj

Reaction score
after reading the thread about engagement / palpable numbers (thank you ladies!) i re read my notes and it seems bubs is further down than i thought! The hospital notes from sunday 9when i was 36+1) says 2/5 which i assumed meant engaged, but underneath it says palpable so the midwife can only feel a tiny bit of her head still!!! Bit of a pregoression as at my last mw appt at 34+6 she was still free.

Can babies (this is our first) pop back out again, or when they are in the pelvis do they stay there? How long after they get engaged can labour start? I have been having regular BH for a couple of weeks now (needing monitoring twice) and past few days been getting a lot of pressure and sharp pains low down in my lady bits, presumably from where she is burying downwards!

so excited - feels like it's not too far away now until i meet her at last! :happydance: xxx

As I understand it they can, in theory, pop out again but I think this is less common in first timers (but I'm a first timer so don't know much!). Apparently, in subsequent pregnancies it's quite common for them not to engage until labour starts.

I've been getting sharp pains in cervix too and midwife confirmed yesterday that this is quite normal and a result of LO burrowing down.

Exciting!

How exciting :happydance:

I am currently 3/5 and hope I have adavanced some more by next week

Was at hosp today and they say I'm 4/5 palpable. Does that mean it's amost fully burrowed?

Means they can still feel 4/5 so you are 1/5 engaged.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->