it gives you wiiiiiiings....

I used to be able to drink red bull with vodka, but since having my LO it gives me palpitations! How weird is that? Id literally be up ALL night with a twitchy leg and not being able to sleep a wink. But i can drink coffee fine.

So i steer clear of the stuff now, which is a shame because vodka redbull was a favourite tipple! Not no more!

I used to be able to drink red bull with vodka, but since having my LO it gives me palpitations! How weird is that? Id literally be up ALL night with a twitchy leg and not being able to sleep a wink. But i can drink coffee fine.

So i steer clear of the stuff now, which is a shame because vodka redbull was a favourite tipple! Not no more!

Mmm... vodka and red bull. One of the best drinks in the world! <3

i used to drink bout 4 cans a day before i got pregnant... if u go into starbucks / a restaurant nd have a large filter coffee there is 150mg of caffeine in it... compared to 80mg in a can of red bull.
a can of coke has about 40mg of caffeine.
a cup of tea has 75mg of caffeine.
so i think its purely red bulls marketing that gives the impression that it is chock full of caffeine.
i cut down completely on caffeine in first tri... now i try to have bout 200mg a day (suggested allowed amount of caffeine is 200mg - 300mg).
so if i could have 2 cans a day if i wanted to!
i however choose not to... purely because i LOVE LOVE LOVE the taste nd would not be able to stop myself finishin a 4 pack!
i do have the occassional can of red bull as a treat... i'm sick of the criticism i get for it... because if u look at the facts... there's hardly any difference between a cup of tea nd a can of red bull... yet i always get offered a cuppa if i go to someones house?
sorry... rant over!!
ha xx

Before becoming pregnant I always used to drink energy drinks! To the point where they'd give me frequent heart palpitations. I don't think I'll ever go back to drinking that many, although the odd one here or there would be nice after bubs has arrived.

I adore Red Bull! I only drink one a day so as not to make my insomnia worse, but I love the taste.

I absolutely LOVE Redbull...I used to drink 1-2 cans a day - but only on days I worked...I LOVE the taste of it...Once we finally got pregnant, I stopped drinking it at all...I didn't really drink it for energy, it was more a driving to work ritual (65 mile drive, a can of redbull, and popcorn chicken from Casey's)...I used to buy it from Sam's Club for the discounted prices...I don't know if it ever gave me energy, but it made me feel good....happy like. The workday was manageable when I drank it because I really hated my job. I'd drink one at work with my lunch break too...Expensive habit, but it was easy to quit after I was pregnant...will I drink it when I'm unpregnant? Probably...but not very often because I plan on being a SAHM/WAHM.

I love the taste but I'm trying to sort out my teeth so I avoid a lot of fizzy drinks right now.

When I was performing in 'Macbeth' with a youth theatre group I did drink some Red Bull between the matinée and the evening performance as well as taking glucose tablets. That was mostly because there wasn't time to eat properly between shows and I desperately needed more energy than I could get from just a sandwich to keep me going through a second very physically demanding performance. (It was physical theatre so movement was vitally important!) That said I'd also make sure I drank a lot of water prior to the show as it was done in the round and there was no opportunity to drink at all for about an hour and a half!!

I've also had the cheap blackcurrant energy drinks you can buy in Lidl mixed with Archers! Tastes great if you like things REALLY sweet!

Beca :wave:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->