It seems to quiet

Status
Not open for further replies.

toosecat13

Reaction score
Is it just me or does the grotto seem really quiet this year? :shrug:

Yep it really does! Maybe why there doesn't seem as many bargains either too lol xx

I dunno what it is but its like noone round here even cares about xmas this year! Trees and decs of every one i know have gone up much later and some even still not at all...hardly anyone talks or posts about it while im just sat here ready to scream that its xmas in 20 days where is all the spirit!? X

Yes, totally agree! I come on and think 'where are all the new posts for me to read, I've seen all these already!'

I am glad i am not the only one that is thinking it, my internet went down for 4 days and i thought i would have alot to catch up on but there was just one page lol. I am kind of glad it has got alot colder this past week as the warm autumn we had kind of threw me out abit.

You are possibly right mummy may as there has been rubbish bargins this year and also there has been no card swap (that created lots of posts !!) :winkwink:

I think so too. The past few years I have only used this site or the Grotto in December. Normally I can not keep up and this year not much is happening.

The calm before the storm perhaps?

I know I'm on hold until next week when i get paid. Lol

the doesnt seem to be the usual 'buzz' about the place

I must admit i've not had the feeling of actual 'christmas spirit' yet! i don't know why! i've got my tree up and have done some wrapping but i just don't feel christmassy :( x

Definitely think the same the grotto has lacked its usual spirit this year, personally I think it's because it opened too early this year. The anticipation makes it in my opinion.

I've been noticing that too.. I think Christmas is just sneaking up on all of us!!

Same. I'm guilty of lurking more the past few weeks but having been at it since July I'm exhausted. And I'm done earlier than ever so think thats affected me x

As one of the original gang who forced Wobbs to open early I just admin I think June was maybe a tad too early xx

I haven't been feeling Christmassy at all.

So ladies what are we going to do about it?, we have to get the christmas spirit back to those that are not feeling it x any ideas.

Defiantly quieter! Normally can't keep up with all the posts :flower:

It just doesn't really even feel like Christmas. We have our tree up, Christmas play next week, church services and wrapping might do the trick x

I just don't think it feels Christmassy at all just now, I've got all the presents to wrap which might get me in the spirit, but I think because oh has been away since 24th nov and not home until 18th dec I have been doing all the shopping online instead of going to the shops, we haven't been to see santa yet either as I don't drive and have been working, going to put our decs up
Tomorrow so hopefully get into the spirit of things, plus we usually all go and pick a real tree together as a family, which we are not abl to do as dh isn't home so had to borrow a tree off of mil

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"