It seems to quiet

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just don't think it feels Christmassy at all just now, I've got all the presents to wrap which might get me in the spirit, but I think because oh has been away since 24th nov and not home until 18th dec I have been doing all the shopping online instead of going to the shops, we haven't been to see santa yet either as I don't drive and have been working, going to put our decs up
Tomorrow so hopefully get into the spirit of things, plus we usually all go and pick a real tree together as a family, which we are not abl to do as dh isn't home so had to borrow a tree off of mil

It does not help being on your own, i am in the same situation my oh works away alot as well so i am on my own with a 1,2 and a 7 year old
So i have done all the shopping online, definatley affected my christmas sparkle!! X

We moved six weeks ago so that's taken a lot of my time and focus away from Christmas, and two family members have died this year. I thought I was just imagining it was quieter because I'm less in the mood!

:shrug:

As one of the original gang who forced Wobbs to open early I just admin I think June was maybe a tad too early xx
I'm totally keeping this quote safe for next year lol

It's not opening as quick next year. I will open it up 1st Sept for posting but not viewable from home page and will be viewable from home page from the 1st Oct.

:D

I'm not feeling it this year, iv been lurking for a while but the buzz isn't around

:rofl: shot myself in the foot there haven't i! I feel like Sept is too late :haha: xx

Sept is perfect for me. My birthday us the 7th so i don't start thinking about Christmas until that's over (or about 9am that day lol) :)

:rofl: shot myself in the foot there haven't i! I feel like Sept is too late :haha: xx

And when everyone is moaning how late the grotto opened in September
2015 i am going to name you as the grinch and copy in this thread:haha:

:haha:

I have found the atmosphere different this year too. I wondered if it was just me as I got so involved last year. I used to spend almost all day commenting on threads! It's still been fun but definitely quieter.

I love love love Christmas.. but constant rubbish and stress at home is stopping me from really getting into the spirit. I haven't started my wrapping yet so I live in hope that when I start that I'll be more Christmassy.
There is also no where near as many bargains as last year.. bargains make everyone feel more Christmassy xx

As one of the original gang who forced Wobbs to open early I just admin I think June was maybe a tad too early xx
I'm totally keeping this quote safe for next year lol

It's not opening as quick next year. I will open it up 1st Sept for posting but not viewable from home page and will be viewable from home page from the 1st Oct.

:D

:rofl: shot yourself there! :haha:

Im on alot less this year with work and having a 1 year old is into everything!!! Havnt lost my xmas spirit though and try to get on when i can :) x

I think the whole website is quieter than it normally is, that or I am just coming on too often and am too efficient at flicking through all the sub forums :haha: if I was away from my iPad for a few hours I would go back on and I'd never get through all the sub forums, now I can flick through them all so quickly because there's rarely new posts in the forums I mostly look at.

I think maybe it is missing alot of the posters who used to chat ALOT.
haha.

I've noticed a couple regular posters disappear recently :(

Honestly I haven't got enough energy to have Christmas spirit! My son is so hard to deal with recently we can't do anything Christmassy everything ends up in a disaster and he can't do crafts. I just want a quiet holiday with as little fuss as possible.

Honestly I haven't got enough energy to have Christmas spirit! My son is so hard to deal with recently we can't do anything Christmassy everything ends up in a disaster and he can't do crafts. I just want a quiet holiday with as little fuss as possible.

:hugs:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back