It was never like this before!

Katt36

Reaction score
I am having a real issue with this pregnancy and how it is affecting my mood. With my first two, which are boys, I was very zen like and calm an relaxed. This time my emotions are all over the place and I am very irritable. It is causing huge arguments between my husband and I. Here is a few things to keep in mind, I have a 12 year old and 2 year old. My two year old is very active and three handfuls. I am in graduate school getting my LPC as well. I don't have to work but I am very busy. I have no energy, I constantly have a sour stomach and I just am so emotional. My husband is at his breaking with me. I need to figure this out before I do more damage. I feel like I am going to have a nervous breakdown. Any advice or support would be greatly appreciated. I am just at a loss. Also my husband and I were arguing because he called me from work so angry and he was yelling in his office and the radio was on and his boss heard him. He blamed me for that also :(.

My mood swings are out of control, with my first 2 babies I did not experience anything like this I get angry so quickly especially at my oh. It does seem to have calmed down this week and I have read it is worse in early pregnancy so hopefully it will keep getting better as the pregnancy goes along. I'm sure you will be feelin a lot happier once you reach 2nd tri but you are definitely to alone in the way you feel x

My mood swings are out of control, with my first 2 babies I did not experience anything like this I get angry so quickly especially at my oh. It does seem to have calmed down this week and I have read it is worse in early pregnancy so hopefully it will keep getting better as the pregnancy goes along. I'm sure you will be feelin a lot happier once you reach 2nd tri but you are definitely to alone in the way you feel x

Darcie how does your OH deal with your moods? I don't mean to be so nasty and moody. My husband is really sick and tired of it :(. I will be 12 weeks Monday. I pray to God my mood changes soon. Does it cause arguments between you? Sigh, I don't know what to do :(.

Although I agree that hormones aren't an excuse to act badly, I think maybe DH needs a little more compassion here. When my DH and I are having troubles, sometimes we'll email each other (so that we're not tempted to escalate in person) and talk about how we feel. Once the feelings are out in the air, we talk about some ideas on how he might be able to help me see when I'm being unreasonable without making me more upset and visa versa.

Although I agree that hormones aren't an excuse to act badly, I think maybe DH needs a little more compassion here. When my DH and I are having troubles, sometimes we'll email each other (so that we're not tempted to escalate in person) and talk about how we feel. Once the feelings are out in the air, we talk about some ideas on how he might be able to help me see when I'm being unreasonable without making me more upset and visa versa.

I did email him once and it was very effective. I am often better with my words in writing. Thanks for that idea I think I will utilize it more often. I think my DH should be more compassionate as well. He just doesn't understand how I feel at times. I am on a complete emotional roller coaster. Glad to know that I have this board where people can relate and understand what I'm going through. It really helps to have a sounding board and support. Thank you ladies for taking the time to respond.

I did email him once and it was very effective. I am often better with my words in writing. Thanks for that idea I think I will utilize it more often. I think my DH should be more compassionate as well. He just doesn't understand how I feel at times. I am on a complete emotional roller coaster. Glad to know that I have this board where people can relate and understand what I'm going through. It really helps to have a sounding board and support. Thank you ladies for taking the time to respond.

He doesn't understand because most men are stupid.. Not stupid, stupid - just stupid when we need them to be smart.

Instead of getting angry - CRY!!!!! That's all they understand and know how to react to.. Just drama queen kind of cry instead of being angry.. See what happens. :)

When was preg with my girls I hated men and could not stand been near them so ended up on my own I even did not like been near my dad was all very weird but it only got better after I give birth I was very angry at men so I stayed away from them but ended up regretting it when baby born coz left on my own wish I could give u advice what to do but I did not no what to do :( but with my little boy I was total different happy had about 2 days in month was crying for nothing but apart from that it was easy and got along with oh :)

The crying does get his attention more! He feels bad and stops being mad :). Good call! Cry more anger less :). Oh I was so content and happy with both my pregnancies with my boys! This is why this pregnancy is all new to me. I went from two great pregnancies to this one where I am emotionally a wreck and miserable!!! Thanks so much for the great advice and understanding. Oh and men are clueless when it comes to how we feel your right! If only for one day lol.

I must admit, Im normally "high maintenance" as it is but I've been getting rather uptight especially at work over really silly things like bursting into tears because the phone rang whilst I was already on the phone! I've also cried in bed on numerous occasions with my OH beside me and I don't know why xx

I must admit, Im normally "high maintenance" as it is but I've been getting rather uptight especially at work over really silly things like bursting into tears because the phone rang whilst I was already on the phone! I've also cried in bed on numerous occasions with my OH beside me and I don't know why xx

Uptight is the perfect word to describe how I feel. Sorry you are feeling that way as well. I cry for no reason at all but I must admit I feel better after a good cry. Here's hoping that all out hormones even out soon!

Darcie how does your OH deal with your moods? I don't mean to be so nasty and moody. My husband is really sick and tired of it :(. I will be 12 weeks Monday. I pray to God my mood changes soon. Does it cause arguments between you? Sigh, I don't know what to do :(.

He doesn't deal with them, he gets cross with me. It sounds silly but I feel going on a mad cleaning spree works wonders although the Hoover takes a bit of a battering! Just tell him it won't last forever and it's not something you can help! Try and remove yourself from the situation, walk away from the argument x

He doesn't deal with them, he gets cross with me. It sounds silly but I feel going on a mad cleaning spree works wonders although the Hoover takes a bit of a battering! Just tell him it won't last forever and it's not something you can help! Try and remove yourself from the situation, walk away from the argument x

Last night all I did was clean! It doesn't sound crazy it works lol. He sees me being productive and actually getting things done so he wouldn't attempt to argue and stop me lol. I clean when I feel up to it somedays I don't get anything done. He complains about doing dishes for me but sometimes doing dishes makes me sick to my stomach!! My sense of smell is outrageous and nothing tastes or smells good for very long at all. Oh football being on helps also so he can leave me alone whole he watches!! Nothing will tear him away from football! He might have to go away for work for a week, is it wrong I pray he does? That would be a lovely break.

How many weeks are you? This last week I've felt sooo much better. Until you experience mood swings its so hard to understand them but there horrid. I think him going away would be a nice break as we tend to take our anger out on the ones closest to us. I found smaller things bothered me like eating loud and silly things that you don't normally think anything of x

totally with you on this one! I don't mean to but am being so horrid to DH. I feel awful but I just cant help it. I feel like someone has taken over my mind at times. I really feel for him as I realise most of the time I am being completely out of order and over reacting. One min I can laugh about it, the next I start going off on one! Doesn't help that our dog is following me everywhere and has now become my "protector". very strange... he is growling at DH at times when he comes near me. DH keeps saying oh great, you hate me and now so does the dog! Hopefully in a few weeks our hormones should be a bit more settled! (I'm 9 + 3). sorry - realise there is no advice, just a moan and you are not alone! :)

How many weeks are you? This last week I've felt sooo much better. Until you experience mood swings its so hard to understand them but there horrid. I think him going away would be a nice break as we tend to take our anger out on the ones closest to us. I found smaller things bothered me like eating loud and silly things that you don't normally think anything of x

I will be 12 weeks on Monday. Last night I was in the kitchen eating an apple and I was talking to myself about DH. He asked for batteries and I was saying to myself screw the batteries you get them if you want them so bad on and on. Lol.
I thought the way he asked for batteries was argumentative lol. Oh my these poor men. Maybe we should ship them off until we get over this or better yet I wouldn't mind being shipped off, preferably to an island with lots of fresh fruits on trees, fresh water to drink and a lonely little hammock I can sleep on all day. A deserted island that is lol.

totally with you on this one! I don't mean to but am being so horrid to DH. I feel awful but I just cant help it. I feel like someone has taken over my mind at times. I really feel for him as I realise most of the time I am being completely out of order and over reacting. One min I can laugh about it, the next I start going off on one! Doesn't help that our dog is following me everywhere and has now become my "protector". very strange... he is growling at DH at times when he comes near me. DH keeps saying oh great, you hate me and now so does the dog! Hopefully in a few weeks our hormones should be a bit more settled! (I'm 9 + 3). sorry - realise there is no advice, just a moan and you are not alone! :)

I had to laugh out loud at the end about the dog!!! Lol! Oh my that was funny!! I needed that comic relief! Your poor DH. My dog follows me everywhere also and I said to DH why is the dog following me all of a sudden. He doesn't growl but he is up my butt! It's quite annoying to say the least because I constantly trip over him. A moan and your not alone, too cute! It does help knowing your not alone. Maybe all of our DH should start a message board for expecting fathers!!! They could know they aren't alone as well!!

I had to laugh out loud at the end about the dog!!! Lol! Oh my that was funny!! I needed that comic relief! Your poor DH. My dog follows me everywhere also and I said to DH why is the dog following me all of a sudden. He doesn't growl but he is up my butt! It's quite annoying to say the least because I constantly trip over him. A moan and your not alone, too cute! It does help knowing your not alone. Maybe all of our DH should start a message board for expecting fathers!!! They could know they aren't alone as well!!

haha! glad to be of assistance :thumbup: The dog following me everywhere was actually one of the first signs we noticed before I got my BFP! I'm sure he (the dog) knows! its cute but I agree, its actually gets a bit annoying as I work from home a lot and he insists on sitting as close to me as possible so I am always treading on him!
I agree - these poor men are having a tough time too. I think it would really help if they had a board like this to go to! We haven't really told many people yet (waiting for 12 weeks) so he hasn't been able to speak to anyone yet about how he feels etc.
I just know how unreasonable I am being.... even turning over in bed this morning he annoyed me. poor sod, I love him so much but at the moment I just seem to be so horrid! :dohh:

Uptight is the perfect word to describe how I feel. Sorry you are feeling that way as well. I cry for no reason at all but I must admit I feel better after a good cry. Here's hoping that all out hormones even out soon!

haha! glad to be of assistance :thumbup: The dog following me everywhere was actually one of the first signs we noticed before I got my BFP! I'm sure he (the dog) knows! its cute but I agree, its actually gets a bit annoying as I work from home a lot and he insists on sitting as close to me as possible so I am always treading on him!
I agree - these poor men are having a tough time too. I think it would really help if they had a board like this to go to! We haven't really told many people yet (waiting for 12 weeks) so he hasn't been able to speak to anyone yet about how he feels etc.
I just know how unreasonable I am being.... even turning over in bed this morning he annoyed me. poor sod, I love him so much but at the moment I just seem to be so horrid! :dohh:

We are also waiting until the 12 week scan to announce. How far along are you? Are you in the US? Maybe our husbands need to get together for a support group lol!!! I'm hoping this horrid mood passes sooner rather than later. Ya know now that I think of it the Dog was a sign as well. But hindsight is 20/20.

totally understand. Just this week my mood has been up and down. My DH loves to tease me thinking it will make me smile, but instead it just enrages me!!!! If only they could understand...

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->