Itchiness driving me mad!! Is it just me?

StephtheHiker

Reaction score
So it starts a little in the evening but not bad. Then I get into bed to work on my nightly crossword and I stop to scratch pretty often but by the end of the crossword session, I'm pretty sleepy so I figure if I go to bed now, then I'll fall right asleep.... As I always did before I fell pregnant.

Nope, then the itchiness really kicks in. Last night was so bad I was up half the night and only half asleep for the other part! Dh said it was probably the laundry soap, however I realized I was visiting home when I first got my bfp and I was starting to itch there and on the 8 day road trip to our new living place. Which also probably cuts out new climate in a new state.

Is this a pregnancy symptom?? Anyone suffer from this and have any remedies?

Yanno, I hadn't really made the connection but I had really bad itchy hands for a couple of weeks which came and went away again.

It was horrible, it felt like I needed to rip my skin off because my bones were itchy :( I found running them under hot water or soaking them in cold water helped me. Aloe vera gel is supposed to be good too xx

I have heard of dry skin being one of those pesky symptoms, so maybe your itchiness is coming from that?

Have you had a lot of baths lately? This can dry out your skin and cause itching. Where are you most itchy? I ask this because I had obstetric cholestasis with my first baby, which causes severe itching. Its a liver condition that develops in pregnancy. However it usually doesn't start until late in 2nd trimester. I don't say this to scare you, but I would mention it to your doctor if it continues or gets worse. Chances are you just have dry skin though;)

I would let your midwife know any new symptoms, it might be obstetric cholestasis or just dry skin. At the very least she might be able to tell you the best cream to use.

Good Luck

I've also had terrible itchy boobs n belly. I hadn't really linked it but now you say about it. Perhaps its something to mention to midwife on next visit!

So it starts a little in the evening but not bad. Then I get into bed to work on my nightly crossword and I stop to scratch pretty often but by the end of the crossword session, I'm pretty sleepy so I figure if I go to bed now, then I'll fall right asleep.... As I always did before I fell pregnant.

Nope, then the itchiness really kicks in. Last night was so bad I was up half the night and only half asleep for the other part! Dh said it was probably the laundry soap, however I realized I was visiting home when I first got my bfp and I was starting to itch there and on the 8 day road trip to our new living place. Which also probably cuts out new climate in a new state.

Is this a pregnancy symptom?? Anyone suffer from this and have any remedies?

Do you live in a colder climate and put her on in the evening? I find that my skin gets itchy in the evening during the colder months because we have the heat on. Do you sit on furniture in the evening you don't typically during the day like a sofa or chair or are you in. A room more in the evening than the rest of the day? It's probably something you are around at that time of the day that bothers you. Do you take a medication in the evening? I have this reaction from silicate but I do t use it during pregnancy. If you can't find the culprit maybe ask your me or doctor about an antihistamine so you can sleep.

Thank you guys for the ideas! I tried the most common: dry skin. I've never suffered from this before so I wasn't expecting it. I got some itch relief lotion last night and although I don't like going to bed oiled like a body builder, it for the most part worked! :D

Ugh, I have had itchy skin for the past month! It comes and goes. It is mostly my calves... but I shave those so I put it to razor burn. Keeping WELL hydrated and lathered with lotion seems to help.

Yes I get this so much ! Itchy legs mostly but anywhere hair grows!!! Drives me insane. I am hypersensitive anyway which doesn't help. Lotion is the best thing to calm it x

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->