Itchiness under bump

Mummy to be x

The 4 of us...♡
Reaction score
Are any of you ladies experiencing quite a bit of sweat under your bump or find it to be really itchy?!

I still seem to have that loose bit of skin at the bottom of my bump and it's really starting to drive me insane, it's constantly itching :growlmad:

Anyone else? I've had a look at the bump bands but I'm not sure weather they would help with this particular problem. I feel like I need something under my bump, if that makes any sense!

:thumbup:

Yeah mine itches too. It started itching and then last week I noticed the beginning of a couple of stretch marks :-( I think it is the skin stretching that causes the itch...

Yes, skin stretching can cause itchiness. Try calamine lotion if it's horrible. There are also bump lotions on the market that soothe. I prefer to go lotion free, but rubbing my belly in small circular movements helps - plus baby likes it too!

I remember having this with my DD, especially when she dropped and my skin really expanded at a quick pace.

I slathered myself in lotion -- any kind, whatever I could reach -- or coconut oil pretty much 24/7 in the attempt to ease the itch. Like PP said, I also found using my fingertips to massage in coconut oil or lotion in a circular motion helped to make me feel a little more at peace. :)

Going through this right now. Baby has dropped and there is NO room under my bump!! So the whole lower half of bump is itchy. Lotion, baby oil, when home, but putting baby powder on that area before getting dressed to go to work does wonders.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->