Itchy?

Cazza89

Mummy of 1,expecting no.2
Reaction score
Anyone else itchy at times?

I understand your bump and sides/back may be itchy. . .but i occasionally get itchy arms and sometimes, my face is too? Before getting pregnant. . . I used to get uncomfy and itchy/irritated by fabrics easily when tired.
Do you think the itchiness is/could be something more serious than me just being tired and getting itchy from being irritated?

I have read before that this could be iron deficiency or worse! It's not everyday. . .just maybe an hour or so once or twice a week?? Not often at all.

Any info muchly appreciated. X

Ive been getting itchy too!! Ive heard that it can be signs of something quite sinister but tbh,so can every symptom of pregnancy so I wouldnt worry too much!! I read it can be caused by the increased blood flow around your body as well as your skin stretching! I think if it got really excessive then I would go to the doctors!!

Thanks hun.
I didn't think about the increased blood flow! X

Yup - I am itchy like crazy - they've tested for OC, the one that is serious, and so far my results are ok. I am thinking that my skin has become more sensitive lately - perhaps to soaps and scents? I don't know - at least it hasn't gotten any worse for me, but I usually have one daily bout of itching in the evening - back, calves, feet, forearms. Sigh.

:(
A

This could be a symptom of something bad!?!?

I have had such an itchy back every couple of days that I insist my OH scratch it, but he always gets upset cuz he says it looks like I've been attacked by Freddy Kruger!

I can't help it though! His nails feel soo nice that I tell him not to stop until he's scratched every inch of my back!

Could there be something wrong with me?

Well, I am itchy, too. And my skin has been soooo dry. I guess it has to do with hydration issues, as well. I just feel like I am dried out all the time.

Hun, i think your back might be itchy due to the skin stretching. I think you'd need to worry if it was in a few more places.
I've also never thought about hydration issues but i know i don't drink enough water! X

My stomach is itchy as well as my back. However, trying to drink lots of water help (that and some cream helps to relieve the itching on my tummy).

Those are normal itchy places though due to your skin stretching. I'm all stocked up on bio oil and whenever i get itchy i slap it on. I'm putting it on twice a day already and more if needed. Plus bathing in baby and bio oil! X

Oooh I'm so itchy. Have sufferred from urticaria for a few years so kind of used to it. However, do have to grab sneaky boobie scratch breaks at work though!

Haha. They are indeed!
It didn't help when i got my new bras as they're not worn in and the stitching was all itchy! Haha. X

Im too really itchy. My skin in the last month or so has been so much more sensitive than usual. Now the warm weather is here too, im finding its even more irritable, i sat out in the garden for like an hour the other day and came out in a big itchy red rash, whats that all about!?? I find moisturising helps sooth it a bit. x

I find aqueous cream from Boots (great big tub, really cheap!) is great for this... x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->