It's a 5th boy, devastated

I feel I've made a massive mistake trying again, if I could turn back the clock. But I can't, I feel trapped in this situation.
I am really struggling.
I've cancelled all of my antenatal appointments, my 20 week scan. Just need to forget I'm pregnant for now. Can't deal with it x

Hello Cosmicgirl, I know how you feel, I had my 20 week scan yesturday and it looks like I am about to have my 4th girl, whilst the sonographer was looking at the baby's anatomy there was a potty shot with nothing between legs, so looks like my last baby is another girl. I won't be having a boy. I have been feeling the same as you but I am trying not to think about the negatives, I am trying to think positive, thinking that I will be having a little life and that its not baby's fault. I have had all c-sections, I was advised not to have anymore, I have taken a risk, a risk which has not been paid off. I feel very down, I wanted to buy blue things, never mind. Take care cosmicgirl, we need to stay strong for our little ones :hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs:

I'm so sorry. I know how you feel and I know nothing I can say can make it better so I'll just send huge (((((hugs)))))

Hunny im so sorry....you will accept it and you will look forward to meeting him and you will love him.....i felt the exact same when i was pg with Remi...i didn’t want to touch my belly or anything it was awful....i would love to say you wont be disappointed that you haven’t had a girl because you always will but you have your lovely boys....

I've already got a girl so there isn't any rational reason I should feel the same way but I suspect this baby is a boy and I'm gutted. I can imagine how you feel about the pregnancy because if it's confirmed it is a boy, the closest way to describe how I will feel is that it doesn't feel like a 'real' pregnancy. Ie. a girly one. I will cope but it won't be as exciting as my previous pregnancy which of course I feel completely shite about.

I hope you are coming to terms with it x

Thanks everyone, I'm slowly coming to terms with another boy. I'm making plans to go to a clinic in Cyprus next year for gender selection. I would not try again naturally for a girl.
I cannot give up my dream of having a little girl, I just can't x

Thanks everyone, I'm slowly coming to terms with another boy. I'm making plans to go to a clinic in Cyprus next year for gender selection. I would not try again naturally for a girl.
I cannot give up my dream of having a little girl, I just can't x

This is my last baby due to having c-sections, so will never get my boy. I think i have also slowly come to terms with having a 4th girl. Just hoping gender changes when I give birth. If I had natural deliveries i would have kept trying until I got a boy but unfortunately it is not meant to be. I understand how you feel :hugs:

Thanks hun, that's a real shame you can't keep trying :(

It's so surreal making plans with the clinic for my next pregnancy when I'm still pregnant with this one but it is helping a lot.
I have hope and I know that my next pregnancy will be my little princess :) x

Hello..im just curious..is gender selection very expensive x ive just gave birth to my 3rd baby girl and i would just love a son so much..im very scared to try again because i never want to experience that awful feeling of being dissapointed again... I never for one second didnt love her tho... I just wanted a blue bundle so bad that it hurt so much..i never imagined being in this situation and dont know if i cud handle having a fourth..duno wat to do.... Im glad ur thinking positive and i hope u get your dream...my husband tells me your son is in heaven just waiting to b born ...i hope hes right

Hello..im just curious..is gender selection very expensive x ive just gave birth to my 3rd baby girl and i would just love a son so much..im very scared to try again because i never want to experience that awful feeling of being dissapointed again... I never for one second didnt love her tho... I just wanted a blue bundle so bad that it hurt so much..i never imagined being in this situation and dont know if i cud handle having a fourth..duno wat to do.... Im glad ur thinking positive and i hope u get your dream...my husband tells me your son is in heaven just waiting to b born ...i hope hes right

Hi - From the research i have done on this it can be between 12k-15kEuros dependant on which hotel you chose to stay in when your abroad. Its not cheap but in the long run, just to keep having more and more children until the gender you want comes along will be even more expensive! Im not really in a position to have more that 2 children (and neither do i really want more than 2) so im going for this option next year also! xx:baby:

Now I'm 24 and a bit weeks it's reached the stage I've dreaded. The "are you expecting? Do you know what you're having? Have you already got children?"
Every time I explain that I have 4 boys already and this is another boy, it's like someone stabs me in the heart.
The bump is growing at a massive rate, so is the amount of people asking (I work with the public).
Sometimes I feel like lying, saying its my first but I can't do it, it's awful :( x

Now I'm 24 and a bit weeks it's reached the stage I've dreaded. The "are you expecting? Do you know what you're having? Have you already got children?"
Every time I explain that I have 4 boys already and this is another boy, it's like someone stabs me in the heart.
The bump is growing at a massive rate, so is the amount of people asking (I work with the public).
Sometimes I feel like lying, saying its my first but I can't do it, it's awful :( x

Hiya cosmic girl, just say that you don't know what you are having, that will keep people quiet.Hope you are ok :hugs:

I know my situation was different from yours as I was having my first and he was a boy, however I just used to tell people 'we didn't find out what we are having' until I felt comfortable to say it. You could do this as at least they are people you wouldn't necessarily see again :hugs:

oh dear we could never afford that :(:(:(:(:(

I have a friend who has 3 girls, she paid for gender selection and it failed ;0(

so she decided to give up, then she gets pregnant a shock pregnancy and it's a boy! so you never know xx

In the middle east (Dubai) it costs about £6,500 for gender selection. Obviously you'd have flights and hotels on top of that, but you can do some of it at home in the UK - the hormone injections etc, and then just fly out for the egg retrieval and implantation - so you need less time in the middle east.

Hope that helps.

x

I have 5 boys, so I totally understand what you're going through.:hugs: With each pregnancy it gets worse. Well meaning people with their curiosity. :growlmad: Then they ask you if you're disappointed! I don't even know you!

I have spent years grieving the daughter I never thought I'd have. Trying to convince myself that life without a daughter would be fine. Hoping that I'd get a granddaughter someday at least.

All you can do is hug your bump and know that its your son growing in there. You know you will love him and not regret his existence in your life at all. You've got time to prepare, its a challenge, but you can do it. :hugs:

Aww hun i'm sorry to hear that :-( I was in this boat a few weeks ago when I found out it was another boy. If it helps I feel fine about it now. Took a few days to get my head round it all but he'll still be beautiful and he's yours. Don't feel guilty at all. Just try and think of any positives and give yourself time to get over this. Time does great things xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->