It's a good thing

Vickie

Hannah & Rhys <3
Reaction score
I'm not hormonal today :D

Just got back from lunch with my DH's aunt (well one of them anyways.) It was a short lunch (we had to pick something up from her). But very interesting :rofl: Started off with her asking me if I was going to breast or bottle feed. I told her probably bottle feed as that's what I feel most comfortable with. So she asked me if I'd do half and half and I said no right now we are looking at just bottle feeding :rofl: Than we moved onto the subject of my cats (who they disapprove of anyways lol). She asked if we were going to quarantine the cats from the baby. I said no. We won't let them in her room (and of course won't leave her alone with the cats) but obviously the cats have to get used to having her around :D. So after lunch she leaves and I look in the bag we were given and there's a parenting book for me and Stan :rofl: Whew what a lunch. :rofl::rofl::rofl:

:rofl:Do you think she is trying to tell you something????:rofl:

Phew deffo good job your hormones were behaving them selfs :lol:

lol people and their blimmin opinions. I get it constantly from my boyfriends mum.. she rolls her eyes when I give my views on parenting etc.. the other night when I tried to give Bethanie her bedtime milk in a cup rather than a bottle was a classic, you should have seen her facial expression. Ignore them (im sure you're doing that anyway).:rofl:

:rofl: I'm good at ignoring people when I need to. I'm very stubborn :rofl: So it's not like they are going to change my mind about my cats or the breastfeeding (which I think is a highly personal decision and no one's business but mine and Stan's :rofl: but they see it differently)

You know, I was never one to stress my kids out over getting off the bottle or potty training at such and such a time. My kids just did it when they were ready. Some people have rules as to when a child should be off a bottle or when a child should be potty trained. I didn't follow them and because of that my kids have never wetted the bed at night, etc. I always discussed with my kids every day about going potty etc.

My MIL was always supportive. But then she can be very contradictory too. With my son, she all of a sudden said to me that he should be potty trained, yet she always told me when the time came, it came. Well, a few days after she told me I should be potty training my son, my son went and did it all on his own. I was peeved at MIL and didn't tell her about the big stride my son did. She was peeved and couldn't believe I didn't tell her. Well, shit, don't tell me what I should and shouldn't do after supporting me all the way!

But, I have to say that I've been blessed as she didn't interfere too much while my babies grew to now.

Honestly I don't see my MIL being a problem (she did ask me about the BF but once I told her no she was very supportive and dropped the subject). It's this particular aunt--don't know if she means it as interference but that's what it comes off as :rofl: I always knew she was going to ask about the cats and BF so can't say I was surprised at all yesterday when the subjects came up :rofl: Saying that I didn't take any offense to it, actually found the entire situation funny (as I said I'm quite stubborn and in the end will do whatever I want to do)

Honestly I don't see my MIL being a problem (she did ask me about the BF but once I told her no she was very supportive and dropped the subject). It's this particular aunt--don't know if she means it as interference but that's what it comes off as :rofl: I always knew she was going to ask about the cats and BF so can't say I was surprised at all yesterday when the subjects came up :rofl: Saying that I didn't take any offense to it, actually found the entire situation funny (as I said I'm quite stubborn and in the end will do whatever I want to do)

You be the mom you want to be and parent the way you want too. There are no set rules for bringing up children and each does it differently :)

I thought the entire situation with your aunt was funny too. :rofl:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->