Its all Ali G fault

smokey

Mummy to a monkey
Reaction score
Thanks to Ali G otur town of Staines is getting its name changed to Staines on Thames on Sunday and they are making a big thing about it.
This means my road is going to be packed and can't park near our house and I'm going to be stupidly busy at work (right in the middle of town)
Don't see why we have to have a name change, its been staines for nearly 2 thousand years (withj various spelling differances) andk we where the oldest settlement on the thames the first market town as far back as the bronze age.
Now some local snobs have decided that staines has a bad name.

Thanks a bunch Ali G for making my shift busy.

Why are they changing the name? Staines sounds fine :s

cx

Because they are trying to move away from the whole Ali G thing and make it sound more up market, instead it makes it sound like a sewage plant in the Thames.

haha, I watched Ali G yesterday and don't see anything wrong with it, surely won't help with any image :p

Staines on Thames just sounds "ghetto" lol sorry :hugs:

Start a petition!! Cx

Sorry but :haha: This gave me a right laugh. Sounds like much ado about nothing

Wow thats crazy how ALI G can get something that old to change its name

-respect-

What made me laugh was there was a big facebook thing about getting people to show up dressed as Ali G to protest about it, only one guy showed up in Ali G costume and I bet he felt a plum :)

Haha that's awesome, are there any pics floating about? Poor guy

Staines ... On Thames? Nice...

Staines isn't the nicest soundin name for a town, but its been its name for a long time, so why bother changing it?

Nobodies gonna call it Staines On Thames anyway...

Its all Me Julies fault :haha:

Look at all the stain(e)s on(the) Thames

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"