it's all official - saying "I do" on 20th July 2013 ** venue pics page 59 **

I know, I was quite shocked when I saw her prices :shock:

Just got to wait for her to get back in touch with me now :happydance:

I need to find out from my venue if we're allowed confetti as I've seen some venues have a no confetti policy :wacko: If it's a problem, I'll buy those bubbles pots for people (but I might just buy them anyway as I think the kids will like them) :D

I keep opening the pictures of the venue :blush: It's such a beautiful place and I feel really lucky to have found it :wohoo:

It's a lovely venue :) And I think the bubbles are a great idea - they'd look so fun on the photos!

So excited, just been on the Thomas Cook website and our holiday is slowly coming down in price :wohoo:

I'm still booking it at the beginning of August because the sooner we do it, the sooner I can get our request in to be put in the Jr Apartments and the sooner we can request a pool facing room on one of the higher floors :happydance:

I've got a feeling today is going to be a day of up and downs :dohh:

Just got to mum's and there was a parcel waiting for me and it seemed to be the ties, so I thought "yay I can add them to the wedding box when we go home later". I've opened the parcel and the fabric is disgusting, it's like dishcloth material. I could honestly cry as I spent the last of my carer's allowance from this week on them.

Chris says we SHOULD use them as dishcloths, but it's really upset me :nope:

Send them back, tell them they are poor quality :( can u take a pic and put them up so we can compare to the pic u posted from the site x

Yeah, put some comparison pics up hun - you should send them back and get a refund! xx

I gree send them back and get a refund. I hate it when things are not how/what they should be xxx

I haven't got my phone with me so can't take any pics :(

They're well made, just not the type of material that I was expecting :grr:

Aww sorry Emmy :hugs:

I would send them back if the p&p is less than the refund!

Chris has just taken a look at the picture on ebay and he says they look about the same and that because it's my mistake he'll re sell them on ebay for me. Arghhhhh I'm such an idiot for getting all excited thinking I'd found the perfect shade for the ties :(

I'm going to buy a white satin £1.45 tie and a small pack of Dylon and see if I can get the shade that I want, then if for some reason it doesn't work I'll have only wasted about £4 :shrug:

Got myself a new book to read tonight - "What No One Tells The Bride" - the front of the book says "Surviving the wedding, sex after the honeymoon, second thoughts, wedding cake freezer burn, becoming your mother, screaming about money, maintaining your identity and being blissfully happy despite it all" :rofl:

Sorry about the rubbish quality ties hun. The only bad thing about ebay i think.

As for the no confetti thing our venue has that policy too and our photographer suggested taking sparklers and doing a night shot of guest in a row waving sparklers over us as we go through. He showed us an example and it looked fab!! Just a thought.....

Also our venuw has a no confetti policy but will allow you to throw it just outside the grounds but still in full view of the hotel so for photo purposes you still have the confetti shot xxx

As for the no confetti thing our venue has that policy too and our photographer suggested taking sparklers and doing a night shot of guest in a row waving sparklers over us as we go through. He showed us an example and it looked fab!! Just a thought.....

Oooohhhh I really like that idea :thumbup:

I think I'm more gutted about the fact that the ties were the perfect shade of yellow :dohh: Which is daft as I should be more annoyed about spending the last of my money for the week :rofl:

I want to do more wedding stuff, but can't think of anything I can do :dohh:

I think i have left it this long to do things because i was scared that if i bought anything i would change my mind on what i wanted.

I just properly started getting the wheels in motion this week and have started booking things and ordering samples xx

If you cant have confetti ask if you could have lavender? Or petals x

Boo to the rubbish ties! This is why I am always so cautious to buy things online, I like to see things myself and touch them (I sound like a right perv lol). I am going to order some colour and material swatches for the cravats so I know what I am getting. Couldnt you do that Emmy? The swatches are sometimes free too!! Just an idea?!

No confetti policy? Why have I never heard of this before? My venue better not say that to us? Imagine having to tell all the guests that there is no confetti allowed, my nan would probably do it anyway!!

x

We had material swatches for Chris' sage cravat, but the ties for best man etc we're having to get from ebay because at £57 a pop, we thought we should save the money if we could. But will have a look and see if I can find somewhere that does fabric swatches :thumbup:

I suppose if needs be I can have a look in London for ties for them all, just don't know if they'll have yellow with it being more of a summery colour :dohh:

Right :thumbup: I've just found these ties, and I actually really like them, the pictures are clear and I can see it's the fabric I want. I've sent the seller a message asking if they can get a close up of the light yellow ones for me, and as they're bogof I should be able to order them on Monday :happydance:

https://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=150405172887

I think I might do a bit of a must have song list tonight for when we choose a dj :rofl:

Also going to look for a nail strengthener and maybe price up an eyelash growth stimulator as mine are horrible and stubby, and I want nic fluttery eyelashes for when the wedding comes around :haha:

Awww hun im doing falsies for my nails and eyelashes! I love false eyelashes they are fab!!!

I havent thought about any other music other than the first dance. I like a bit of cheese tho so some summer of 69/ living on a prayer medley may come out lol xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->