it's all official - saying "I do" on 20th July 2013 ** venue pics page 59 **

Oooohhhh might have to have a look, won't be able to buy foundation or concealer though as I really need a colour match :dohh: But I might get some nice lipstick and lipgloss :happydance:

I feel like complete and utter crap ... I've just posted a thread in gs.

Just told my aunties that me and Chris have set a date for the wedding and I got this off one of them

[Me]
hiya x how's things?

[Aunty]
fine ta and you ?

[Me]
yeah things are good thanks :):) how are the girls and barry doing?

[Aunty]
wer all good

[Me]
cool :):) got some news :D:D ... me and Chris have set a wedding date for July 20th 2013
we havent put anything on facebook yet though as we need to tell his mum and dad

[Aunty]
thats two years away
will it take that long to tell them ?

[Me]
lol nope, we're going across soon to tell them weve set the date and to take save the dates over ... we're waiting until 2013 as we're going Turkey next year and buying the wedding bands from there

[Aunty]
well thats ok if u can afford it

[Me]
yeah we can :D:D we've done all the maths etc

[Aunty]
int it chaeper to buy bands from argos like normal people do ?

[Me]
we cant get wedding bands in Turkey quite cheap :D:D
and can get them cheap I mean lol

[Aunty]
chaper that 20quid ?

[Me]
we wanted something special and we can afford it :D:D
Chris said to go for it as apparently gold and leather are the things to buy from turkey :):)

The other one hasn't said a thing about it

:cry: :cry: :cry:

:hugs: Hunny you do what you wanna do and dont listen to anyone else. I dont know anyone that wouldnt want special rings for there wedding. xxx

She's actually really hurt me by saying that ... Chris says I should have told her to fuck off

The other one who hadn't replied is actually replying now and she's being really nice about it.

I suppose to some people it does seem odd that your going to turkey to buy wedding bands but she still hurt your feelings in the process. I dont think by reading that she had any intention to hurt you though, its just she couldnt get her head around why you were going to turkey.

I'm sure she is excited for you though x

Agree with HB there.. I suppose she's thinking that it's a little odd to fork out going to Turkey to get wedding bands when you can buy them alot cheaper over here (overall cost) She may have thought you were going to Turkey JUST to buy the wedding bands. But tbf, if you're going out there anyways on holiday, then why shouldnt you get the rings that you really want while out there :)

We were going there anyway, and she knew it, as last time we saw her we said we were saving to go back in 2012, and that was long before we made the decision to get our backsides into gear and make a wedding date :rofl:

Really dreading next week as my aunty is coming over with my other aunty for the anniversary of dad's death. At the moment, I'm not 100% sure that I want to see her. She's been so off with me lately, ever since Pat fell out with my uncle that I can't help the way I reacted over last night.

Anyway, I am NOT going to let her put a dampener on things. It's my wedding at the end of the day, and if I want to buy the rings from Turkey while we're on holiday then that's what I'm going to do, with or without her approval :thumbup:

Just been looking into things regarding Chris' suit, I'm thinking I might just pay for a waistcoat, shirt, trousers and tie for him as we'll then get a better fit than we probably would with any hire company :D Plus then it means he'll have a suit for when we go to other family functions.

I "think" I might pay for me to stay at the venue the night before the wedding but in a separate room from Chris. I've spotted this room and am thinking of asking the hotel owner to reserve it for me

https://plasdolguog.co.uk/bedroom2.jpg

I've just been talking to my aunty about the wedding (not the one who made the comments yesterday) and asked her to honestly tell me what she thinks my uncle would say if I was to ask him to give me away. And she thinks he'll be honoured to stand in for my dad and that I don't have anything to worry about :)

I think I'm pretty much decided on booking one of the hotel rooms for me, it looks like they have lovely bathrooms, so I plan on waking up, having a soak in the bath and having a slow lazy day getting ready. Will also be able to make sure the venue have my plans for the decorations :rofl: Hmmmmmm, now superior double or normal double? :rofl:

Sounds to me like your aunt was in a mood when the conversation started. She wasn't exactly chatty, lots of short answers.

Ignore her and do your thing honey :hug:

She's been like it since my brother fell out with my uncle :(

I'm ready to fall asleep :rofl: just waiting for Chris to come to bed otherwise he'll wake me up when he comes upstairs :haha:

Oooohhhh on another note the rsvp cards have been dispatched :happydance:

well its their argument, not hers- she doesnt need to get involved and be horrid to other family members because of it? Hate people like that :hugs: hun xx

That's exactly what my nice aunty said, she said she was originally a bit pissed off with my brother's comments, but lifes too short to get involved in an argument that didnt concern her ...

And the sad thing is, the way it all kicked off was over my brother's comment about a film my uncle had watched about Margaret Thatcher :shock:

But no more moping over it, it's mine and Chris' day and I'm not going to let her spoil it for me :D

I want the bedroom that this bathroom is attached to :rofl:

https://a6.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash2/68700_164151153612355_163993233628147_436709_6718537_n.jpg

That hotel room looks lovely hun. I haven't even thought of looking into mine yet! may have a cheeky look today :)

Don't worry about your aunty. Its your day and you and OH make all the decisions, no one else :hugs: xxx

Hey, I just read through your entire journal - you're so organised already!

I technically shouldn't be in this section since I'm not even engaged yet, I just like to dream, so is it ok if I dream through your journal?! :rofl:

yeah I like the bathroom :blush: I can just see me soaking in the bath and just completely relaxing on the morning of the wedding :cloud9:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->