it's all official - saying "I do" on 20th July 2013 ** venue pics page 59 **

I have to say I'm finding things really overwhelming today, but in a good way :rofl:

I honestly never thought me and Chris would get married, I 100% believed that we were going to be one of those couples that never moved on from being engaged. But now we have the venue, registrar and photographer booked it's a bit of a shock to the system :dohh:

:happydance: I am soooooo excited ...

I've just booked mine and Chris' accomodation for the night before the wedding. Chris is having the bridal suite in the main part of the hotel, then he said I could splurge and treat myself to the executive suite in the annex :wohoo:

The room is mahoosive!!! And I get a super king size bed all to myself :D

Sounds super lush hunny! I'm staying at my house the night before... :haha: Doesn't the booking of everything make it feel SO much more real? :happydance:

Ohhhhhh yep, it's certainly making it feel loads more real :happydance:

I've double checked with mum to make sure she's ok about it and she seems fine. I'm so worried about upsetting her as I'd love to be with me getting ready more than anything, but I have a feeling it would get a bit stressful and she'd end up feeling ill and having to leave the evening do early.

I kinda feel a bit posh now Chris has let me splurge :rofl:

Oooo lovely hun, sounds great!
I'll be staying at home the night before with my 2 girls, and Jay will be staying out our friend's house! Nothing exciting really other than bacon butties all round in the morning washed down with champagne :haha:

I haven't really thought about what me and matt are gonna do the night before the wedding! I don't think i'll want to stay at my house, purely because I'd want all the room I can get with putting my dress on etc! (I get stressed out if theres no space lol :blush:)

Although, then again, I don't know if I'd feel comfortable being in a hotel! :dohh: good job I've got plenty of time to worry about it :p

That's lovely you got to splurge on the hotel room emmy! Can't wait till I've started booking stuff xx

Awww hunny the rooms sound really nice. It does seem more real when you start booking things. I booked the registrar this morning and had a little eek moment :happydance:

Weirdly i'm getting married at David's mum and Dads house. They have a mahooosive 5 bed house which is loads bigger than my parents so it made sense for all my bridesmaids/flower girls and my mum and dad to go down there rather than trying to cram them into my mum and dads. Plus it's alot nicer for the photos :) xxx

Yeah I was thinking as my bridesmaids arrive at the hotel they could come up to my room. Though I'd probably be happy just slobbing out for the day and getting ready myself :rofl: I am going to treat myself to a gorgeous bath bomb from Lush.

Will exfoliating the day before the wedding be enough do you think (I'll be doing it once a week in the run up)? Or should I do it on the day?

I'm having it so that no one sees me other than my uncle and the bridesmaids, and I'm going to ask my photographer to be focused on mum and my brothers when I make my entrance :happydance:

I think what I'm going to do is print off loads of directions to go in the invites, that include how to get there by car, and how to get to the local train station (it includes 2 changes if I remember right), will need to find out who's arriving the night before as we have 14 rooms available for people, and then who's arriving on the day - our guests will get 10% discount if they stay for 2 nights and 5% discount if they just stay for 1 night :D

im staying with my MOH at my MIL's house the night before- my FIL, BIL and his GF will also be there- thankfully its a big house. Liam is staying at ours with his boys. Me and my MOH are sharing a double bed.

My MIL is treating us to chinese and alcohol the night before- then its 10 sleeping pills for B and off to bed!

Then in the morning MIL is making bacon/ sausage baps and tons of coffee (nom nom) then its off to the hairdressers and then to the castle to get ready!

I cant believe you were able to book the room so far in advance, thats brill!

Yeah the venue have been absolutely fantastic, I honestly don't think I could wish for a more helpful team :D

On a bridesmaid note, I am cutting down the amount of bridesmaids I have. I'm not going to ask the teenage girls as I'm having major trouble finding dresses, and I'm worried that if I ask too many people then it's not going to feel special if that makes sense :dohh:

Makes perfect sense hun. I want my MOH and Matt's eldest sister as the older BMs and then my little sister, cousin, and youngest step sister to be the flowergirls. Only problem is now, that my dad has said if I have my youngest stepsiste, I should really have my oldest one too cause she'll kick up a massive fuss (she's 6)! So now I don't know what to do because then they won't be even on each side :dohh:

I know they don't have to be but I'm a bit OCD about things like that :p (OH has two best men, and 3 page boys) I just don't want it to turn into a farce! xx

Is there another job you could give your older stepsister hun? Or maybe Matt find an extra page boy?

Have been looking at flower girl dresses today, got some fantastic ideas :happydance:

I would but then I think it would fall into the getting silly stage (At least for me anyway) I don't know what other jobs I could give her!

Ooh show us some pics of what you like :thumbup: xx

I love, love, love this dress but it's pink :(

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/GPINK862...=UK_Wedding_Clothing&var=&hash=item8264a1de45

This one is adorable, but would it mess the colour scheme up?

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Girl-Pag...s_Children_sFancyDress_RL&hash=item415b29c38e

These are some more I like

https://www.marksandspencer.com/Aut...031&pf_rd_p=215570647&pf_rd_s=related-items-3

https://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=330478717625

I can't seem to find any with green or yellow sashes though :wacko:

Omgggggg

https://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=390098369055

That first dress is lovely hun :) shame its not yellow! And Nukes LO Poppy had the second dress in her rainbow wedding :flower:

I really like the dress in the 4th link as well! So pretty!

Also, the dress in the link you just posted - that would go so well with the fact your dress is snow white :p but is it a bit costume-y rather than wedding-y? xx

Hey Emmy!

Just caught up on your journal, I have missed loads over the last couple of days!! Work just gets in the way of my life lol!

First of all, just ignore your aunt! If you wanna get your wedding bands from Turkey then thats your decision! I personally think its a lovely idea and it makes them a little more special! I think sometimes we have to bear in mind that it takes a little longer for other people to get as excited about our wedding as we are. I have been planning mine for way over a year and its only really recently that our families have started to get as hyper about it as I am :happydance:

Booking the room to stay in the night before is a fab idea!! I have done the same thing but I have booked a huge suite for me and the 4 BM's. We have a massive room and then 2 bathrooms and 2 dressing rooms, I am so excited for us all to spend the night before together and having a few drinks and then get ready together the next morning! It also means I can take everything over to the castle the day before and make sure everything is in place! It settles the inner control freak in me lol :thumbup:

Its difficult to choose who to have in your wedding isn't it? We spent ages talking about it as between us we have 4 nieces and 6 nephews and as much as we would like to have them all in the wedding, we didn't want it to turn into a circus (as well as the expense) so we decided to not have any of them. Well except for one of Liam's nieces but she will be 17 by the time of the wedding so she is not really a child. We asked her mum first if she would mind us asking one of her daughters and not the other and she said it was fine as her other daughter had been a FG at another wedding last year so she was happy for her to be our BM. I am glad we made that decision as it was tough enough picking BM dresses for 4 girls without looking for FG dresses and pageboy outfits too :wacko: Although when I see all your lovely pics of FG dresses it makes me sad that we won't have any!

Putting directions in your invites is a great idea, we are going to do that too. We are planning to get some little inserts made with directions on one side and the information to book rooms at the castle and local hotels on the other side. :thumbup:

Wow, I have written an essay! I must remember to not fall behind on your journal again :haha:

x

I was :rofl: last night when we chose the rooms, it's a coincidence we chose rooms in different parts of the hotel :haha:

I just need to find someone to have the executive suite on the night of the wedding that won't mind me staying in the room to carry on getting ready :dohh: So I think that's going to cause me some stress I think :(

I've tried googling for flower girl dresses but some of the nice ones come in at £80 :shock:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->