• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

it's all official - saying "I do" on 20th July 2013 ** venue pics page 59 **

Both of Terry's parents had died before I met him, but everyone tell me what lovely people they were.

I did a little speech at our reception and I'd found a poem on the internet and adapted it which I read out (through many tears!) - I'd never seen him cry before, but he was very touched by it - only thing is I didn't realise he'd have to stand up and do his speech straight afterwards! :dohh:

Would these seem too childish for the teenage and adult bridesmaids to wear?

https://www.spottedcowcreations.co.uk/shop.html

I spotted an advert in one of my wedding magazines yesterday and fell in love with them instantly :blush:

I was thinking of the garland head set, but with the smaller daisies :D

I've also been having a think about favours for the wedding.

I'd love to do retro pick n mix bags, like white mice, flying saucers, kola cubes, that sort of thing. Have just been looking on ebay and I can get 100 blue pick n mix bags for £6.68.

https://cgi.ebay.co.uk/100x-Blue-Wh...Celebrations_Occasions_ET&hash=item2c5c648fd2

Then I can buy the sweets in bulk and put together the bags myself :thumbup:

The only things that are worrying me is the younger children and filling them up with too much sugar, and what about people who don't like sweets? :rofl:

Ooohhh I've found these fantastic yellow striped paper bags :happydance:

https://cgi.ebay.co.uk/25-Yellow-Ca...pt=UK_Packaging_Materials&hash=item4157a0cad1

Ok, make up wise, I have to say I think this look is absolutely fantastic that this lady has come up with. It's for oily skin and using mac make up products. Now we're down in London in december this year and I am soooo unbelievably tempted to treat myself to a few products so that I can copy her look

Part 1

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nQ_ljZdEW4Q

Part 2

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jQN9Dyw8wKc

Oooh, sweeties! Love the bags, very retro - can you get half and half of each colour to match your scheme? Kids are gonna be excited and energetic anyway so what's a bit of sugar (though I'm sure the parents will limit their intake if it's getting too much) and you will never ever please all of your guests. If you know you have diabetic relatives you could make up special bags for them with diabetic stuff, or something like that if they have another dietary requirement. We had Ferrero Rocher and Guylian seashells for our favours - I love Rochers and he loves the seashells! Mini four packs - cost about a squid each so wasn't too expensive.
xxx

They only seem to do a dark blue bag wise. Would that go do you think?

:happydance: I have to say Chris seems quite excited by it all

:wohoo:

savings account is underway

I know it's not much :blush:, but have transferred £20 to my savings account this week ready to pay the deposit once we've seen the venue :D

Also, I've been on the debenhams website and ordered the Mac plush glass and eye liner that I need from the tutorial that I'm going to be using :thumbup:

Think I might buy a storage box from ebay (one of those cutesy cardboard ones) and put it up ready to put things in as and when I buy them for the wedding :happydance:

Your colour scheme is more of a turquoise blue, isn't it (my favourite shade of blue!). It can be difficult to get everything matching perfectly (unless you have an unlimited budget) so there may need to be very small compromises like this. No-one will say 'Oh, her other blues are turquoise and this is royal/dark/navy blue!'
So happy that Chris is enjoying all of this. My DH didn't really get involved that much oin our wedding planning, but funnily enough, he did buy all the favours!
xxx

I had a 'wedding box'!!!! Make sure it is nice and big :thumbup:.
xxx

:rofl: will do, espescially considering the amount of money I'll be spending in London on make up :blush:

I'm going to get the concealer and foundation colour matched to my skin :thumbup:

It feels a bit more real now that I've spent a bit of money getting a few bits for the wedding :blush:

I've just discovered that I have the most boring make up collection ever :rofl:

Mascaras, black eye liners, a few brown or blue eyeshadows and tons of lipgloss :blush:

No foundation, no blusher, no brushes, no lipstick, no concealer :dohh:

I think I might chuck most of it away as I've had it for absolutely yonks, and just start completely fresh when we go to London :rofl:

Feel at a bit of a loose end today, we've been waiting in all day for the plumber (who still hasn't turned up), and I want to do something weddingy, but I can't really do anything until the beginning of June once we finally get the venue booked :dohh:

I know I've got lots, and lots, and lots, and lots of time to wait and get everything organised, but I FEEL like I should be doing something now :rofl:

The more you prepare now chick the less you have to do later/nearer the date and you will be thanking yourself BIG TIME!!! It will get a little stressful if you have still got lots to do the closer you get to the day. Also, anything you don't want to do get someone from the bridal party to organise for you - I did NOT want to put together my table plan (satin over a piece of MDF) so gave the task to my mum - she did it PERFECTLY!!! The great thing about that is they really feel like they are helping you (which they are) but it helps out in more than one way!

What about flowers? Will you go fresh or have silk flowers? I got inspiration from https://stores.ebay.co.uk/The-Bridal-Workshop but ended up with fresh flowers. Have attached a couple of piccies below for you to see how I translated the silk flower design of this bouquet into fresh: shower bouquet. I can see she does turquoise and yellow options too! She sent me some samples to match my colour scheme. I've also included a piccie of the flower girl dress I got from Sainsbury's (£16 down to £8 in the sale - every little helps!)
Can't explain how much I love weddings. Re the makeup, my advice (and I'm sorry if you thikn I'm going on too much - just tell me to back off if you want!) is to try and buy a few things along the way if you can, otherwise December's trip to London will be very expensive!
xxx

Attachments

• wedding flowers.JPG
    wedding flowers.JPG
    18.3 KB · Views: 2
  • wedding cake flowers.JPG
    wedding cake flowers.JPG
    39.4 KB · Views: 2
  • flower girl dress.JPG
    flower girl dress.JPG
    23.7 KB · Views: 2
Re the makeup, my advice (and I'm sorry if you thikn I'm going on too much - just tell me to back off if you want!) is to try and buy a few things along the way if you can, otherwise December's trip to London will be very expensive!
xxx

Ooops, just read another one of your threads on make-up and you said you were doing exactly what I mentioned above :dohh:!
xxx

:rofl: I won't be telling you to shut up hun, all the advice is sooooo very much appreciated

This is what I'm thinking flowers wise, I love, love, love the sunflowers (and they were dad's favourite too). I was thinking of substituting the white ones for daisies :D I'm still undecided about going for silk or real ones as of yet.

The only thing with doing things as I go along, means less money is getting put into the savings account, but the way I'm looking at it is that there'll be less coming out of it at a later date :D

Attachments

• bridal-bouquets-with-sunflowers-21.jpg
    bridal-bouquets-with-sunflowers-21.jpg
    22.1 KB · Views: 2
I LOVE that little bouquet! The colours are gorgeous in it too! Not sure if florists use daisies tho, arent they technically weeds? Altho to be fair, daisies would look gorgeous amongst the blue and yellow :thumbup:

I've downloaded a wedding checklist from the internet so that I can work my way through it :thumbup:

I've told Chris that he needs to think of songs that we could do a first dance to. I have absolutely no idea. There isn't any songs that specifically stand out or make me think (at the moment) oh yeah I could see us dancing to that :dohh:

I've had a look for a sunflower and daisy bouquet and got this ... would need to figure out how to add some blue to it though

Attachments

• sunflower-white-daisy-bridal-bouquet.jpg
    sunflower-white-daisy-bridal-bouquet.jpg
    23 KB · Views: 1
Love your ideas for bouquets, although don't think a florist could use daisies as the stems wouldn't be stiff enough to fix into anything - although you may be able to use artificial ones or maybe some asters / michaelmas daisies or gerberas??

Attachments

• aster michaelmas daisies.jpg
    aster michaelmas daisies.jpg
    124.1 KB · Views: 1
  • yellow_white_gerberas_front.jpg
    yellow_white_gerberas_front.jpg
    45.3 KB · Views: 3
  • 5610-brave_heart%5B1%5D.jpg
    5610-brave_heart%5B1%5D.jpg
    72.4 KB · Views: 2
The asters are lovely :D They look very much daisyish (not a word I know lol) :thumbup:

I'm sooooo tempted to attempt it myself as I've got plenty of time to practice it :happydance:

Don't let anyone tell you that you should be waiting! If you want to get things done, get them done! :hugs:

Everyone here IRL teased me with how quickly I got stuff together. :shrug: Saying that we "had time" and whatnot. Well can you imagine if I waited to do my invites? :dohh: I would've had to pay double postage on the stamps because we wouldn't have had the time to take our chances.

You'll thank yourself later for being on the ball. :hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
raisingbisho
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->