Its almost over...mixed feelings about giving up.

missk1989

Reaction score
I made the decision a few months ago that we really need to stop bf but my heart just wasnt in it. Then his sleep starting getting worse and he has been constantly switching for a few weeks so i decided that i had to make an effort to wean. I made quite drastic changes and we are down to just one feed a day first thing. I would be happy to continue with this but he doesnt seem to be able to get his head around only being fed at a certain time of day. He was doing well and seemed to be accepting it and has even started sleeping 7-4.30 and then until 6 instead of waking 2-3 times a night. The last couple of days though he screams and claws at my chest all the time. When i leave he screams for a few seconds and then is fine, as soon as i come back he starts crying and trying to get down my top again.
So...any day now when i get the courage to choose my last feed, we will have reached the end of our bf journey. It has been amazing. We have been lucky right from the start with no pain or problems and an amazing bond. Im a bit teary about the end so wanted to put it down.I dont think any friends or family will understand as they only bf for a few weeks.
I know this is the best for my lo and I and after 16 months I am really looking forward to having my body back. Even so...:cry:

Oh. I'm not looking forward to stopping. It's got to be heartbreaking. :cry:

16 months is a long time. You gave your baby a fantastic start in life. Congratulations and good luck.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->