It's just dawned on me...

mrs_park

Mummy to THREE BOYS!
Reaction score
That I'll never have a daughter :cry:

We just found out that we are having our third boy. I love my boys so much. It's not the idea of having another one that upsets me. It's just that feeling of 'this is it'. We agreed on three children. We don't plan on any more. So on top of dealing with the thought that this is the last time I'll be pregnant and snuggle with my newborn, it also means I won't ever have the daughter I dreamed of and it's breaking my heart :cry:

No advice I'm afraid as I'm expecting to be in the same position myself but loads and loads of massive hugs for you :hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs:

Thank you so much hun and loads of hugs back to you :hugs: :hugs: :hugs:

Just read your post too and just wanted to say nothing is certain until the baby is in your arms :hugs: I hope you get your girly hun, I really do :hugs:

I keep wondering if she got it wrong with mine. DH looked and I didnt, he surprised me with the gender Christmas Eve. I watched the rest of the scan and she took ages to get the pictures she needed, kept saying the baby was in a bad spot, the ultrasound wasn't going through me properly (never heard of that before - I'm guessing my scar tissue from 2 sections has something to do with it??). It was at the end of the day and she kept saying she needed to hurry, her colleagues were waiting outside and probably wondering why she was taking so long. And then low and behold she sees the gender right at the end and seems to have no problems seeing it??

I know it's a very slim chance but I'm sort of holding onto hope that maybe I will get my girl. I feel so bonded with this baby already, I feel so guilty for feeling this way. I just can't shake this feeling that I'm never goung to have a daughter :cry:

Hugs. I have 4 boys and until recently was struggling with not having a daughter. I recently had a particularly bad bout of gender disappointment/desire and since then have had a massive turn around. I'm not sure the desire for a daughter ever goes away, but I've decided I'm not going to ttc again. That I am happy with my boys and that it will all be ok. If this really is your last shot then my advice is to take all the time to need to grieve for the loss of the dream. Then start looking to the future. I've decided that as much as I'm scared of the regret, one day, far in the future it'll be the blessing I did have that I'll look back on and the relationship I build with my children that matter. Rather than the toys they played with and the clothes they wore. My relationship with my mother is in such a terrible state that I don't feel I need a daughter to be close to my children anymore.
I really hope that you reach a place where you are at peace with the hand life has dealt you. Congratulations on your healthy baby boy. Having 3 boys can, and will be wonderful.
And I know when I was in your position posts like my one could either comfort or annoy. I hope this one comes as a comfort.

I am in your boat, although the opposite. I will never have a son :(. Girl number 3 and final baby on the way. The day we found out I was pretty devastated but have since embraced it. We've even picked a name. I hope you feel better soon xox

Thank you so much for your advise and support, I really appreciate it :hugs:

I finally told DH how I was feeling. I thought he would think I was just being hormonal and over emotional but he was so understanding. I jokingly said 'at least one day I'll hopefully have daughters in law and grand daughters'. DH said to me 'Well, let's make it our goal to raise three gentlemen that treat their girls properly'. I melted :cloud9:

I am feeling a lot better, I have my moments of tears and then I get past it. I guess this will be a journey and I don't think the longing for a daughter will ever go away.

Thanks again ladies :hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->