It's Moving!!! (our 11 week scan)

Coco Tutu

Reaction score
I am thrilled! :cloud9:
We saw our little one and she/he was so active. The midwife was quite excited that she got such a clear picture and she spent quite some time to check that everything is in it's place. We could even count the fingers and the midwife said that she/he is swallowing and peeing, so her internal organs work great so far :)

My due date is 28th of May :) I secretly hope to give birth in June, as that is when I, my brother and my grandmother were all born and it is also the month of our wedding anniversary. But as long as it's a healthy baby, I am not going to complain.

The only tiny tiny less-than-perfect thing is that my blood type is AB negative, so if the baby is not negative, I will have to get one injection on week 37, to ensure that my body won't create antibodies against the bady, but the midwife reassured me that even if this is the case, I have nothing to worry about. I asked about it in great detail and she answered very patiently and with a warm smile. I love my midwife!

Good luck to all of you having your scans the following days!

(Confession: I might have cried a tiny bit when I saw the little one this time)
11_Week_Scan_1.jpg
11_Week_Scan_2.jpg

That's great Becca! Did you have a scan already or will have one at 12 weeks (like most people do)?

I had scans at 7+1 and 9+1 as this is an IVF pregnancy but I do have a 12 week scan next at 12+1 on Thursday. Can't wait.

It's cool to have a due date buddy! Haha.

xx

4magpies I am sure you will get a lovely pic :)

pinkpolkadot, thank you :) I see you are 9 + 3 and you are a mom. Is the first trimester waiting any easier with the second child?

Congratulations!

Thank you Zooy! I see you are pregnant too? Are you in the first trimester?

Fab pics coco! Huge congrats; isn't it a great feeling!? :)

I'm rhesus negative too btw. It's not a big deal ;)

Congrats!! We got for our First Trimester screening tomorrow!! Can't wait to see the little bugger so I can stop stressing out!!!! So happy for you!!!

Fab pics coco! Huge congrats; isn't it a great feeling!? :)

I'm rhesus negative too btw. It's not a big deal ;)

haha we are really moving hand in hand, aren't we :D
Yes, the midwife was great at reassuring me so I am not stressing out about it at all.

Congrats!! We got for our First Trimester screening tomorrow!! Can't wait to see the little bugger so I can stop stressing out!!!! So happy for you!!!

Best of luck! I am sure everything will be fine :) But I completely understand your stress, it's normal and hard to avoid :/

Lovely picture! So exciting, no wonder you cried!

Thank you Poetschild! It's when the baby moved that I was totally shocked (hence the title). We were lucky and he/she was wide awake :) And of course a lot of accumulated stress of the first trimester makes me more emotional than usual as well.

Such good pics, mine is on Monday ill be 13 weeks though :) I got to see baby quickly on Wednesday as my clinic MW just likes to give mums a quick reassurance on the 1st appointments when it's too early for dopplers to work :) looked like he/she was having a party in there lol.

Such good pics, mine is on Monday ill be 13 weeks though :) I got to see baby quickly on Wednesday as my clinic MW just likes to give mums a quick reassurance on the 1st appointments when it's too early for dopplers to work :) looked like he/she was having a party in there lol.

I was a bit surprised that they scheduled mine for 11 weeks, but since a saw a whole baby, I am fine with it :) Now I am seeing the midwife in 5 weeks, to hear the heartbeat, I guess?

Best of luck on your scan :) I am sure it will go great.

What a great scan! It's so clear! I think it's pretty common for first babies to be late so hoping for a June baby for you!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->