It's Moving!!! (our 11 week scan)

Aw, amazing. Your pictures really are clear.congratulations xx

Coco the photos are so clear! she looks perfect :cloud9:

Ooo you have the same due date as me nice to see what my chicken looks like, this little one isn't a fan of the dopler squirms round makes bumping sounds. Oh I'm also rh-ve x

What a great scan! It's so clear! I think it's pretty common for first babies to be late so hoping for a June baby for you!

Thank you Fezzle! Actually the midwife kept commenting on how clear it is and at some point DH asked her "WHY is it so clear?" and she smiled and said that it's because there is not much between my skin and the baby. I loved it because she never mentioned the word "fat" and was very thoughtful about it. And I loved it because who knows how much fat there will be there at my second scan :D ? I am starving all the time!

Aw, amazing. Your pictures really are clear.congratulations xx

Thank you KimmyLou! You still have a few weeks wait for your scan, I guess. Best of luck and try to keep yourself occupied. I know how boring/stressful the waiting is.

Coco the photos are so clear! she looks perfect :cloud9:

Thank you Nicki! I like how you used "she" as we are hoping for a girl, even though the idea of a boy starts growing on me as well :)

Ooo you have the same due date as me nice to see what my chicken looks like, this little one isn't a fan of the dopler squirms round makes bumping sounds. Oh I'm also rh-ve x

Nice to be a due-date twin with an experienced mom! And an rh- too! Prepare for a lot of questions coming from me :D An active chicken you 've got in there! That sounds like a good thing to me!

Oo we are aren't we, I didn't realise you were only 2 days ahead of me!

My scan is on Monday! It's come round so quickly, I just can't wait to see him/her again. We're busy today with wedding stuff and tomorrow we have things on tomorrow too so I think it will be Sunday that seems to go really slowly. It's weird, even though we had a scan at 8 weeks, I still can't quite convince myself that something is growing in there!

Oo we are aren't we, I didn't realise you were only 2 days ahead of me!

My scan is on Monday! It's come round so quickly, I just can't wait to see him/her again. We're busy today with wedding stuff and tomorrow we have things on tomorrow too so I think it will be Sunday that seems to go really slowly. It's weird, even though we had a scan at 8 weeks, I still can't quite convince myself that something is growing in there!

I completely understand how you feel! I was so scared that the baby had just stop growing, just because I don't have a baby belly (just an evening bloat) and I didn't feel pregnant, as the symptoms eased as well. But everything was going great and it does for the vast majority of women, so no need to stress :) Hooorayy for wedding stuff! Are you getting married soon? I will go stalk your threads to find out :D

Haha, stalker :p

We're aiming for the 3 week of January. I get excited because I start to look pregnant and then my belly deflates! I've sort of convinced myself that I'm just never going to need maternity clothes although there were a couple of times yesterday that my waistband felt snug.

I know baby is okay in there (as much as they can be) after our 8 week scan and we've heard the heartbeat on the doppler a few times but I just can't wait to see them again. It does mean I'll have to go back to work soon though - boo :p

A winter wedding! That must be so nice. Where I come from people will just refuse to get married in winter :D May to August people get crazy with wedding worldwide, but I think in Greece even more so. Here in the Netherlands there are also many winter weddings, but you do actually have winter, with snow and iced canals and all that awesome wintery stuff that you don't get back home :D

I also have a huge belly every evening and it deflates in the morning and I get so excited that I end rubbing the whole evening with a stupid smile on my face.

Haha, girls I do the same thing, rubbing my belly in the evenings - but alas, I'm just rubbing a food baby! ;)

Unfortunately with the English climate, even if we were to marry in July, there is no guarantee with the weather. I suppose by getting married in January we at least know that it will be cold and can prepare accordingly - it would be lovely if it would snow :D

Because I have a special pregnancy plan at the gym I think I look like I'm not working out very hard so I worry that people just think I'm being a wimp - I almost want to wear a t-shirt that says 'baby on board' or something else equally cliched!

My OH commented that I've been rubbing my belly since the day we got our BFP :haha:

Rachie I think winter weddings are fab! My DH is a photographer and has shot some winter weddings and he says the lighting, and therefore the pictures, are often better than the crappy summer sun we get! I'm so jealous, I wish we could do our wedding again - without doubt the best day of my life!

Well done for even getting to the gym by the way! I'm feeling like a cat these days, all I do I eat and sleep :haha:

Ps girls I'm slowly moving over to 2nd tri but I'll be around and continue checking on you until you join me!

Aw, we're not far behind your Red!

Don't feel bad, it was the first time I'd been in a week. We were away for a couple of days, I spent all of Wednesday asleep and only begrudginly woke up to eat, Thursday and Friday was consumed with wedding stuff.

Can you OH recommend a way to find a good photographer - I don't know what I'm looking for! Sorry to be really cheeky xx

Aw, we're not far behind your Red!

Don't feel bad, it was the first time I'd been in a week. We were away for a couple of days, I spent all of Wednesday asleep and only begrudginly woke up to eat, Thursday and Friday was consumed with wedding stuff.

Can you OH recommend a way to find a good photographer - I don't know what I'm looking for! Sorry to be really cheeky xx

Not at all cheeky :) He's away working today but he always says to ask to see previous work, look for reviews. Check their websites out, if they're really good they'll be booked out in advance but you might get lucky especially as it's not peak season. Ask on wedding boards for recommendations in your area! The best reviews are word of mouth from other brides!

The other thing is to be prepared to pay a fair bit for someone good. My husband was commissioned to 'fix' photos from a bride who got a very bad photographer to take her photos. It was devastating. There was only so much he could fix, you know? People always assume photographers make a racket but after they pay for the equipment, insurance, travel and tax, there isn't a lot left! And people always say 'well everyone has a camera/can be a photographer these days' - not so! There's a big difference between professional photos with proper lighting and amateur photos.

Hope that helps!

Thank you so much :)

Everything so far is working out to be far cheaper than what we expected it to be because of the small numbers but I agree that photography isn't something to be scrimped on. IMO it's a form of art in itself so there is no way that 'anyone' can do it, jeez peopple are so ignorant! We're only doing this once so we need good photos! xx

I have to second the photographer bit. We didn't hire a photographer, but we had a great camera and my brother took literally thousands of pictures. Many of them turned out great. We also had a professional photographer who was a guest and they came with their camera. They took about 150 pictures and you can totally tell the difference. We didn't have to pay them, so I have no clues about the cost though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->