Its not fair...she's only 10!

chasity belt?? surely at 10 they wouldnt want sex!!...

mind you they do seem to be getting younger i know a girl (Iwhos 15 now) who lost her virginty at 8...8!!!!!8!!! sorry

and what about a hot water bottle with a nice cover on it? and a bigggg bar of choccie cos shell need it :)
x

I didnt mean now !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I meant from aged 16 to 30 !!! :thumbup:

Why not now? Better to get them used to it sooner than later. :rofl:

Little update on the situation....

I buys all the nice little bit for the goody bag, and spent nearly £40! I took it up to her room when she came in from school and sat down on the bed...wasn't quite sure how I was going to approach the subject,
so I says 'courts, you know when we've talked about changes girls bodies go through?'
and she says 'oh, when we gets ready to have sex?'
I turn bright red and say 'erm, well yes and no, its to do with more than that, more important than having sex...'
she looks at me daft and says 'well thats what its all about isn't it, making babies when we are older, we bleed dont we, ready for when we are big ladies to have kids if we want to...I dont want to...'
There was not much else to say, I chucked the nice cath kidston bag at her full of goodies, give her a kiss and come down satirs...
5 mins later she comes down with a lush smelling facepack on holding the pack of always ultra and then throws them at me..and says 'these must be yours i'm not ready for no kids yet mum!' :rofl:

:dohh:

Can't help but chuckle at her hun! Can just imagine her saying it to you!
Ahh at least she knows you've approached it a few time, and your there for her. Sure when it "happens" as in more and bright red, it'll sink in that this is what mum was on about! *hugs*

jaq thats adorable!!

i started at 13 but i was totally ready, still the 1st out of all my friends though...x

oh and i wouldnt worry too much... when the time comes, i bet she'll come to you. you made yourself available and that's whats important.

i think the fact that she was open about what she knew about it, she is comfortable talking to you about it, so when it starts i think she will come talk to you about it, i would give the pads back and maybe just tell her to hang on to them? Or keep them under the sink in the bathroom she uses, somewhere she would see them. I hope this helps hun.

Little update on the situation....

I buys all the nice little bit for the goody bag, and spent nearly £40! I took it up to her room when she came in from school and sat down on the bed...wasn't quite sure how I was going to approach the subject,
so I says 'courts, you know when we've talked about changes girls bodies go through?'
and she says 'oh, when we gets ready to have sex?'
I turn bright red and say 'erm, well yes and no, its to do with more than that, more important than having sex...'
she looks at me daft and says 'well thats what its all about isn't it, making babies when we are older, we bleed dont we, ready for when we are big ladies to have kids if we want to...I dont want to...'
There was not much else to say, I chucked the nice cath kidston bag at her full of goodies, give her a kiss and come down satirs...
5 mins later she comes down with a lush smelling facepack on holding the pack of always ultra and then throws them at me..and says 'these must be yours i'm not ready for no kids yet mum!' :rofl:

:dohh:

LMAO!

Sorry, but it's funny!

But, yes, sounds like she is in the know about things and when it comes, she will come and talk to you.

My friends daughter was nearly 9 when she started getting hair, boobs etc. And a few of my daughters friends were 9 when they started periods.
Matilda is 13 next year, has the hair and boobs are growing so i dont think shell be much longer. Makes me tearful, my baby is growing up :(
Your daughter sounds very clued up and open with you hun xx

I was 11 when I started my period. My mom had not told me anything about periods because most of the women in her family were 13/14 before they started. Anyway, when I did start I thought I was dying or something.

I was 11 too. I was on a fricking airoplane going on holiday. And my mum never spoke to me about it, i didnt know what to do, so kind of binned my dirty knickers (tmi) until she found them and was like have you started, i went bright red and cried and said yes. Now its normal.

I wish my mum had done things like you have done. And when i get my little girl, i hope im like you too.
But at least she has a good head on her shoulders, knows she doesnt want kids and knows the concept of why we have periods.
She'll come to you when the times ready. You've done everything you possibly can.
Oh - i'd get her some feminax, there reaaaaally goood for period pain xxx

I only just found this thread. I started at 10 and so did my mum. My daughter is 8 now so I know it won't be long for her :cry:
I remember being one of the first to start in my year and got a bit anxious at that time of the month with hygeine! However it wasn't all bad as when we had 'sex education' and were told what happens to our bodies I already knew and my friends asked me for information on what it's like and for some strange reason it made me more popular with the boys as they thought I was more of a 'woman' rather than a 'girl' - I was still only 10!!!!:haha:
Amy xx

Oh I dread this!!! When I first found out we were having a girl I just thought, "oh you poor dear!!!"

I'm so sorry this is happening so early to your daughter. I can't say enough about keeping the lines of communication open--it's tough enough being a "tween" girl, let alone with this. Some girls will be amazed, others will be mean. I'm sure we all remember...I was absolutely mortified to mention anything to anyone for at least a year, and I started at 15.

There are so many variables now, with all the additives in our foods and beverages--bless her, just give her a big hug!

i was 10 when i started, still in juniors school.

i didn't have a clue what was happening ( it's not always red when you start so i thought i had something wrong elsewhere and was embarrassed! tmi) after 2 days i talked to my mum and she explained it all to me.

she wrote a letter to the school cause the whole class got changed for PE together at their desks and i was worried they'd notice. i started to get changed in the toilets.

i'm not sure what my hygiene was like before i started tbh (i'm sure it wasn't too bad!:haha:) but i didn't have any probs in the hygiene dept after i started.

i suppose it was quite young but i wasn't at all interested in boys or anything til i was about 15 so i don't think you'll neccessarily have anything to worry about there!

O dear! Children these days are devloping very fast.
My daughter is 10 in August and noticed pubic hairs 2 years ago!
We had a chat and now knows how to get rid of those hairs... she was conscious of them at swimming and will wrap a towel round her to change!
Before christmas her school had a session with her year group talking about pubery, using towels, tampons etc to increase their awareness of what to expect and do. She came home and told me all about it and admitted that once she took one of my tampons thinking it was a pen! lol! I have told her to tell me as soon as she notices any discharge so we can take it from there. Hopefully, we then can get deeper into how to manage it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->