It's our anniversary & arguing over the kids

al1ce

Reaction score
Hi all, i feel really low atm, its our anniversary today, we had plans to watch a movie tonight and snuggle up, instead we been arguing over the kids, and its all ruined, i moved away from my family to live near my partners family, he prommised to it would better, and said there are parks where he would like to take my son so he can play and ride his bike etc, my mother thinks he was just saying that, i wanted to prove her wrong,

anyway he did it for a few months, then it stopped we even paid out £400 for a new bike, and he doesnt bother, he see's him at 9am in the morning and doesnt get home from work until 8pm, he's happy for him to play his game or have supper and go bed, but i feel the quality time has stopped and they were like best friends, my son looked up to him, we all watched a movie together etc, now he always wants to watch horros or 18 films, so my son cant watch,

it rly got to me tonight so i had to say something, thinking talking will help, but it turned into an argument, and he became defensive, we just had a baby together, how can i get things back to the way they were when he never realy sees him. Its bothering me i was happy before but not so much now, even though i love the bones of my partner and he me, but want us to do things together again like a whole family.

Hi hun, is there any way you can like make plans for the weekend or something, go do a family activity? Or is that not an option? I do know how you feel somewhat, my oh leaves before poppy wakes up in the morning and gets home at 6.45 (her bathtime is 7) so he does her bath and puts her to bed. only gets to see her for maybe 45 mins max per day monday through to thursday. Sorry I'm really not much help, but didn't want to read and run. :hugs:

p.s. Happy Anniversary, I had a crappy one too last week, OH completely forgot :(

Aw bless, thanks for the reply, i was feeling rly low last night, i have suggested going the cinema at weekend to see pirates of the carabean, but we think lo may be going through a growth spurt, going to see how she goes next few days, if she is then she will not stay with her gran, iv told him anyway that id like him to be more involved, so gona leave it with him and see how it goes, i now he has to work through the week but expect some changes at weekends.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->