It's silly, but I'm so scared, I am literally shaking

sandyhen85

Reaction score
I have my 12 week scan tomorrow, this will be my 4th scan and everything has been going so well up until now, but I'm petrified about tomorrow. My symptoms really calmed down about 2 weeks ago, had nausea every 3 or 4 days, but just mild cases and I've had the odd headache still but my boobs no longer hurt at all. I last saw bubs at 10+2 and everything was fine, so why am I so scared now? What are the chances that something has gone wrong?

I've suffered 2 losses in 14 months and I don't think I can emotionally handle another...on top of this I have my antibody testing tomorrow as well as I am RH negative and never had injections after my miscarriage and ectopic which is common in the UK and here in Thailand, but I am super scared I will have the antibodies already....OH is out at work tonight until 3am so I am alone, I need to stay calm, but how!?

Take a deep breath and keep the positive energy flowing... do something that makes you happy... watch a movie, read a book.. stay away from any negative thoughts right now

Thank you, I am trying to keep myself busy...it's hard to get it out of my mind but ill keep trying :)

Aww sorry you feel like this, but the fact you had a scan at 10 weeks is looking positive this time, I'll have my fingers crossed for you that this is the one to make it all the way. Not to long to wait now, till you get to see bubs again :)

It's completely normal for symptoms to start to lessen after 10 weeks hon, it's because your hCG hormones tend to peak between 7 and 11 weeks (10 weeks for most). You'll feel at your worst leading up to that, and start to feel a lot better once they start to drop off again ... taking away a lot of what we consider 'pregnancy symptoms'. Hence why so many say 2nd trimester has you feeling like a new woman and you're full of energy feeling great.

Your symptoms getting less or even disappearing is NOT a definite 'bad' sign, it's completely normal.

*hugs*

Good luck with your scan tomorrow, hope you get to relax as soon as you've seen that heartbeat and enjoy the rest of your scan =)

Thanks ladies, it's now 1am here so less than 10 hours to go now. It's amazing how much a loss can ruin further pregnancies for people. I've spent the last 9 weeks worrying. If all goes well tomorrow I'm going to order a Doppler as soon as I get home and hopefully that will allow me to relax a bit more. I just wish there was a way to tell this early on that everything is ok, if only kicks could be felt

I echo the reassurance given above and wanted to say best of luck for your scan tomorrow!

Well, scan went really well, they checked the NT measurement which was within the normal ranges. I do have another cyst - my third now, but this time it's on my left ovary and causing short sharp pains rather than the long dull pains the other two caused on my right. Unfortunately, I have to wait 10 days for the antibody results, so not totally out of the woods yet, but we have just told OH's family and waiting for mine to go online so we can tell them too. I'm going to order a Doppler so I can get some peace of mind at home and hopefully then I can relax. Still very concerned about the antibodies, but the most important thing is that bubs looked great so fingers crossed this will be our rainbow baby. thanks for keeping me sane last night ladies x x

Glad baby is well and you're a bit more at ease now! =D

It's good to hear it went well! Here's hoping your antibodies behave themselves! <3 <3

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->