ITV1 tonight 9pm

Yep me too! Shit better get doing the old pelvic floor exercises! Lol! Xxx

haha! i dont have the energy for those ;)
i might buy some of that crazy gel that is supposed to help with the stretching!
i think im worried about the tearing! ouchyy! x

Yuck! Think I'd rather tear than be cut though! Either way - ewwwww! Joy!!! Ha ha

Lolll, I don't mind a small tear, but nothing major. I hate the idea of being sewn up too after having all that trauma! Blerghh!
And pushing the placenta out!! x

Arghhhhh!!! Why did I watch it!!! Hahaha! I thought it was a good programme, but bloody hell did it scare me!! I used to be fine watching births, but it just seems too real now!

I think the reality that its going to happen to us.. oh dear god! Lol!!
Im sure we'll all be fine, and it's so worth it! xx

Oh ladies, don't worry. You will be fine!!
:hugs::hugs:

Thank you! The screaming distressed me! Lol x

Oh well, I am super scared now!!! Was bad enough before!! lol Oh well, as the nurse said to me yesterday... only one way out! x

I don't think this was a great programme for pregnant ladies!! I realised hald way through (too late by this stage) that they were sensationalising the worst bits as the whole programme was supposed to show Amanda being terrified and kept busy rather than helping with nice relaxing births!

Obviously some births are really tough but that water birth was probably alot less scary!

I am really coming round to the idea of a water birth but trying not to get too attached to the idea incase the pool isn't free. I have always thought I would happily have an epidural if I'm struggling to cope but that scared me last night when that lady needed assistance. Ah well what will be will be...it's my first so I can't really know what to expect I'm just going to go with it! xxx

I have to say that if I hadnt have already previously given birth, the part where the woman was screaming in agony would have scared me so much!

But, its not like that for everyone - and if you do get like that, atleast you can get an epidural.

I never screamed at all, but was in a lot of pain, I had gas and air in the early stages which gave me something to concerntrate on, and then pethidine to chill me out. I only let out 2 yells and that was as I started to push, but then they explained how to take a deep breath and hold it in whilst i pushed which helped a lot.

As for the stitches, took a while and only felt pulling but no pain, and I didnt push out placenta, she pulled it out, lets face it, its a lot smaller than the baby so Im sure you wont notice in comparison O:)

Im def. going to try a water birth, nut Im not going to try to be a hero by avoiding an epidural - that woman really calmed down after it, so if thats what I need then thats what I will have.

Thought the programme was a great way of showing how much the midwifes know and how much they can do - Id love to be one but I couldn't have that confidence and calmness that they have. After watching that I will have more confidence in the midwives :thumbup:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->