IUD pregnancy :(

TiffanyLouise

Reaction score
I've been a member of this site for a while but have never had a reason to post...until now! Yesterday i got 3 :bfp: :bfp: :bfp:

The only problem is i have an IUD in place :wacko:

So now i have an appointment tomorrow to remove the iud, the removal will potentially cause a miscarriage.

Scared and worried :(

Can you get a professional to do it, not just the gp?

:hug:

Good luck tomorrow, I hope it goes well!

Congratulations on your BFP xx

Can you get a professional to do it, not just the gp?

I'd second this and ask for an immediate gynae referral. Fingers crossed it all goes well - I've just had a quick browse and it says your chances of anything going wrong are significantly less if you have it removed early so definitely doing the right thing! Good luck. Xxx

Hugs xx thinking of you. I hope things go well. Xx

I have no experience with this, but thinking of you and wishing you best of luck with the removal! Keep us posted on how it goes :hugs:

Thanks everyone for your wonderful messages..unfortunately the IUD could not be removed and the pregnancy will continue with the IUD in situ. The risks of miscarriage, early delivery and infections are present with the IUD in place, but my midwife is more concerned about my small heart condition than the coil, so i need to relax a little!

My aunt is a nurse and she has told me how many babies are born holding an IUD in hand. So apparently it's not that uncommon. Good luck and congrats!

Congrats on your pregnant this babys deffinatly meant to be
x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"