IUI helps pls

molulife

Reaction score
A little background about me
I am 31 years old and dh is 34. We have ttc for about 4 years now and was diagnosed with pcos and did about 7 medicated cycles with TI. All my cycles were femara+trigger+progesterone. 1st cycle bfp - missed m/c. 2nd cycle bfn. 3rd cycle - bfp, m/c at 8weeks performed d&c. Extensive blood test showed a clotting disorder. 4th-7th cycles all bfn.

First off I don't understand why I haven't conceived after my second bfp. Dh sperm counts and such were all normal.

So now, my doctor recommends IUI. I miss a bit skeptical since my dh was fine. I don't understand if this will even help us. Why wasn't I able to conceive. Has anyone been through this same mess and had their rainbow baby. I am a ball of emotional mess and all kinds of trouble. Any help will be appreciated...

Hi there, I didn't want to read and run but I dont know how much help I can be.
I assume that your RE is discussing IUI since it is the next step in getting pregnant. Usually they try some medicated cycles first ( which you have done), then IUI (if this option is for you, some people bypass and go straight to IVF), and then IVF.
Although you husband has great numbers, this could be used to increase the chances of pregnancy especially if doing medicated IUI, therefore increasing the likelihood that more than one egg could be fertilized and be healthy enough to implant. So I see the merit in what they are doing.
Do you have the blood clotting disorder yourself? If you do, have you looked into any natural treatments? I just wonder if there is something that you can do naturally to help increase your odds. For example, my office offers Intralipid IVs before IUI or IVF to increase likelihoods of implantation due to immunologic reasons. Might be something to look into? All in all, it doesn't hurt your chances. I think that if they recommend IUI and you aren't ready to move on to IVF, then it could be a great option for you. Especially with the cost effectiveness of it and IVF.

I echo mnelson -- this is normally the next step. But I think, wouldn't they try to treat the clotting disorder first? Are you on any new meds?

Thankyou guys for your response. I think I used the word clotting in vain. I believe it is called antiphospholipid syndrome. My RE has a plan to start me blood thinners after a positive pregnancy test.
Tomorrow is my appointment, I have lots of questions for my doctor. I hope he is ready!

I echo mnelson -- this is normally the next step. But I think, wouldn't they try to treat the clotting disorder first? Are you on any new meds?

Best of luck! The best thing about a medicated and monitored IUI cycle is the predictability. I don't have PCOS (they don't think I do, anyway) but I do have somewhat erratic cycles and it can be very hard to predict the exact date I am going to ovulate. Because we work with a donor (who is 26 and a shift worker) that can make things very challenging to organize. I never did medicated IUI (the clinic I was working with was awful and never suggested it) but that is our next step too. We are on a waiting list for a new clinic. Keep us posted!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->