IUI here we go!

Keep us posted Redclaire, would really love to hear some good news for you.:flower:
My best friend is having trouble ttc - she is 36 and has been ntnp for a good few years and in the last year or so activley ttc. She is very down about it, but all tests on hereslf and Her DH have come back aok! I might chat to her about iui as she is not too keen to go down the ivf route yet as she is worried about the pressure on her marriage.
Good luck!
:hugs:

We conceived Emily with Pergeon + IUI..:happydance:

Best of luck :hugs:
Ooh that's just what i need to hear!! Can i ask how many cycles you did to have your little'un?

It took two cycles .. first cycle we only used 50mg of clomid and had only one good egg.. second cycle we used 100mg clomid + Pergeon 50mg inject. ( we had 7 eggs but only two big ones) plus HCG trigger and 2 IUI ( one 24 & 48 hrs after trigger)
I was 36 at the time, I'm 38 now.. we had a few minor fertility problems..I only have one tube and DH has a low end of normal count. They said we might conceive on our own but it could take years..we choose to go the IUI route to speed things up !
Sarah, I saw that you thought IUI was $350 per cycle.. there are tons of hidden costs ( sperm wash, fertility drugs, IUI materials ect ) plus here in Ontario we have to do a manditory concelling session which can cost another $ 250 or so..

Sarah, I saw that you thought IUI was $350 per cycle.. there are tons of hidden costs ( sperm wash, fertility drugs, IUI materials ect ) plus here in Ontario we have to do a manditory concelling session which can cost another $ 250 or so..

hmmm thats interesting, she never mentioned all that! I thought as IUI included sperm washing that was included. Guess I will get more info nearer the time, but hopefully wont need to go that far and it will happen this summer naturally [-o<[-o<[-o<[-o<[-o<

hmmm thats interesting, she never mentioned all that! I thought as IUI included sperm washing that was included. Guess I will get more info nearer the time, but hopefully wont need to go that far and it will happen this summer naturally [-o<[-o<[-o<[-o<[-o<

Yes, lets get a BFP very soon !!!

I'm just about to have a consult for our 2md round of IUI - it costs £1000 plus drugs and a variety of other blood tests etc so all in at least £1500....

Hi Ladies!!
quick update for you all and a big thankyou for all the support!!
I went on friday for my scan. I have one dominant follicle at 7mm and two others on the other ovary both at 4mm. The nurse said this was perfect for the cycle as in HARI they would stop treatment if at this stage there were 3 or more similar sized follicles. So that was after 7 days of puregon 50iu injections ( which are grand by the way...only headaches for a couple of days)
I'm back tomorrow monday for another scan having continued the injections over the weekend (like a commando operation here this morn trying to get my meds out of the fridge without my sister seeing as she had stayed over last night and i've not told her anything!!) After tomorrows scan they will probably be able to tell me when to do my trigger shot and the actual iui. I'm hoping that will be on thursday as the Queen is visiting dublin this week and the city is on total lock down...The hospital is right beside the garden of remembrance where she is visiting. No drive zone, no parking, no entry all over!!! its madness here!! By thurs she'll be gone to cork and the resistrictions will be lifted!

I noticed a couple of questions as i read thru the posts...

Nope you don't have to do injections to do IUI . Options include natural cycle with scans and then iui, clomid and scans and IUI (lots of side effects with clomid apparently my doc says) or the route i took puregon and trigger shot with iui. Appently better results (tho still only about 15%) and less side effects ( i'd agree with that) The iui washes antigens off the sperm and puts it where it needs to be at the right time, bypassing CM probs, timing probs and any 'allergies' to sperm.

Cost.
In ireland the max they can charge you for any meds per month is €120.
Scans cost €100 each..you need about 3
sperm wash and iui is €400
So it cost approx €850 per cycle unless you need more scans or you do the 2 iui in the one cycle. Not cheap but better than the 4500 for ivf

IUI a poor option if lower sperm counts cos for example my OH had 110 million sperms in his fresh sample but after washing had only 14 million good swimmers. That's fine for iui (you need about 8-10 million at least) If they were less than 7 million you should consider ivf/icsi
other risks..twins and trips...i'd quite like twins, terriffied of trips that i would loose them!
overstimulation with meds ...also bad
ectopic..not good at all!!!:growlmad:
Sorry for the long meandering post!!! first chance all weekend to do my own thing!! busy bee and all that!!
i'll let you know tomoz what they say at the scan
thanks guys:flower:

yay thanks for the update!! good luck this week :baby:
p.s funny that its the queen possibly messing up your week, how dare she!!! :rofl:

Hi girls!
well...went for my scan yesterday and i have one good follicle 18mm and the other two are only 11mm each so not going anywhere with them. The nurse said i was bang on target and to have trigger shot mon night at 12midnight.
Now i know she said i was absolutely on target (they like just one and at 18mm!) i feel a bit let down!!!:shrug:
Because... i was hoping for more! i mean i ovulate grand every month apparently so i was hoping that the injections would boost the ovaries to have two at least (not 3 cos that's dangerous i know) but i suppose i must have had my hopes leaning towards twins!! what am i like!! one healthy baby would be a blessing beyond measure!! but ...ah well i just hope this works really and never want to have to do this whole rollercoaster again, two would have been happy days (my sister has ivf twins).:thumbup:
So i took my trigger, had a bit of :sex: (hosp said go for it-need fresh ones and his count is super:haha:)so now going in tomoz wed for iui....if the queen's visit doesn't road block us out!!!:wacko:

Hi girls!
well...went for my scan yesterday and i have one good follicle 18mm and the other two are only 11mm each so not going anywhere with them. The nurse said i was bang on target and to have trigger shot mon night at 12midnight.
Now i know she said i was absolutely on target (they like just one and at 18mm!) i feel a bit let down!!!:shrug:
Because... i was hoping for more! i mean i ovulate grand every month apparently so i was hoping that the injections would boost the ovaries to have two at least (not 3 cos that's dangerous i know) but i suppose i must have had my hopes leaning towards twins!! what am i like!! one healthy baby would be a blessing beyond measure!! but ...ah well i just hope this works really and never want to have to do this whole rollercoaster again, two would have been happy days (my sister has ivf twins).:thumbup:
So i took my trigger, had a bit of :sex: (hosp said go for it-need fresh ones and his count is super:haha:)so now going in tomoz wed for iui....if the queen's visit doesn't road block us out!!!:wacko:

omg good luck tomorrow and lots of :dust: im keeping everything crossed for you! and dont worry, you can always have another after this baby :hugs:
if I see on the news that the queen was knocked over by a girl rushing to a clinic I'll know who it was!!!!

hi all!
so i had the iui done today.His SA was really good so that wa a good start. They did a scan on me when i got there, i still have the one good egg ready to pop. My uterine lining was nice and thick too (soz i didn't get the measurements but aparently it has to be more than 7mm or implantation wont happen) I have to admit the next bit was uncomfortable, she couldn't get the catheter thru the cervix without a bit of jigging about!:dohh: But then the swimmers were in and away!:happydance::happydance::happydance:
swim boys swim!!:spermy::spermy::spermy:
So now its sitting patiently on the nest for the 2ww!!! test in 16 days (or 14 if i can't wait...:haha:)

Good luck!!! May it be a short and fruitful journey...

hi all!
so i had the iui done today.His SA was really good so that wa a good start. They did a scan on me when i got there, i still have the one good egg ready to pop. My uterine lining was nice and thick too (soz i didn't get the measurements but aparently it has to be more than 7mm or implantation wont happen) I have to admit the next bit was uncomfortable, she couldn't get the catheter thru the cervix without a bit of jigging about!:dohh: But then the swimmers were in and away!:happydance::happydance::happydance:
So now its sitting patiently on the nest for the 2ww!!! test in 16 days (or 14 if i can't wait...:haha:)

I was thinking about you today...read in the paper about the queen visiting ireland and told my hubby that you were going for IUI....isnt it amazing Im almost half way across the world sharing this with you!
glad to hear everything went well, and I was going to ask you how it felt so I know what to expect...have you had a sono before? I wondered if it was a similar feeling.
thats very interesting that they can measure uterine lining etc, makes me feel like I have something interesting to look forward too if I dont get pregnant naturally this summer.
lots and lots of :dust: Im hoping right now that those swimmers are pecking away at your perfect egg and that you get a bfp very soon!

hi all!

I was thinking about you today...read in the paper about the queen visiting ireland and told my hubby that you were going for IUI....isnt it amazing Im almost half way across the world sharing this with you!
glad to hear everything went well, and I was going to ask you how it felt so I know what to expect...have you had a sono before? I wondered if it was a similar feeling.
thats very interesting that they can measure uterine lining etc, makes me feel like I have something interesting to look forward too if I dont get pregnant naturally this summer.
lots and lots of :dust: Im hoping right now that those swimmers are pecking away at your perfect egg and that you get a bfp very soon!

Heya!
it's kinda like the HSG/sono alright but without that gushy cramp you get when they flush ur tubes out. Its more uncomfortable when they are getting set up , rooting around with the cervix, plus they don't use lube cos that can clogg up the swimmers (my unit obviously don't stretch to preseed:haha:) Got into the hospital grand actually, Eliz 2 was over the other side of the city in the Guinness brewery!! But i did get to window shop at all the fine uniformed officers protecting our fab city:happydance::thumbup::haha:

ooooh I love a man in uniform and I love irish accents, I would be in heaven!!

how do you feel about the 2ww? does it feel more intense seeing as you've had the IUI? do you know what kind of stats there are on IUI? I hope you will be able to relax a little and not stress too much :hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->