• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

IV site feels weird?

Perplexed

Mommy of 2
Reaction score
I've had ivs before but the iv I had during this labor was exceptionally painful. I mean I had a contraction at the same time but I barely noticed the contraction from how painful the needle prick was. the nurse didn't understand why I was in so much pain.

now when I press on the area where the needle was, or if there's any pressure on the back of my hand, the area between the needle spot and my ring finger reacts...almost like the nerves are being stretched. I can't explain it any better than that.

people keep saying it probably isn't permenant but I just don't get it. does this sound familiar to anyone?

When I got my IV it as fine until a day after. I was in hospital for an extra day cause my placenta was infected and I had a temp. Baby and I both had to have IV antibiotics. By the end of the first night I was complaining to them as it really hurt, and it was all red and sore. They told me antibiotics can sting and burn going in, so they turned it down for me so it would go in slower. Still hurting, it started to get puffy. I told them AGAIN, and they didn't really do anything.

I have a huge anxiety over IVs so after sobbing to my husband we were able to forgo the last small bag of antibiotics, and as a really nice nurse came in to take it out she told me they would have had to remove it anyway as it had come dislodged, it would have puffed up my hand.

Sorry for the novel, but yes mine still hurts but that's why. Did you have any issues with your IV like I did? Im sure it will go away, but I know the pain it really hurts!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kayzee94
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->