I've become allergic to my cat!

AngelofTroy

Reaction score
Luckily he's mostly an outdoor cat but I've noticed the last few weeks that I get itchy whenever he rubs against me. He's sitting on me now and I'm certain now as my face is red and itchy where he rubbed against me. :( Anyone else?!

I'm so glad it's not just me, I was always allergic to dogs and last year we brought a cavalier from a puppy. Renown for their hypoallergenic coat, I have also actually become completely immune to him. However that was until about a few days ago! I have to wash my hands now if I pet him and Im doing an extra daily hoover. :( otherwise we are managing. My eyes are super itchy if I pet him and don't wash them and I have been sneezing a lot. I feel so bad for him, he's looking at me like I am a meany as I won't let him up on the coach

Im allergic to cats, but Ive always had cats lol. I currently have 3. I tend to be ok until I give one a big cuddle or really stroke them then my eyes and face get itchy. One of my cats doesnt bother me as much as the other 2. I take antihistamines when I need to, as Im ttc, I googled recently safe pregnancy ones and beconase nasal spray is safe. Its good its the only thing working for me recently and Ive had 2 different prescription tablets that havent worked! Only thing its not helping with is my eyes so Im trying different eye drops for my eyes at the moment.

Goodluck, hope your allergy settles down.

Thanks, I've had cats all my life and had him last pregnancy so this is so bizarre for me! I am allergic to grass but no other allergies before. How strange!

Use petalcleanse, it's amazing stuff! You just stroke it onto the cat's fur and it dampens down the allergens. I also used allergy angels spray on the furniture and carpets, and aircleanse to help lower airborne allergens. You can get all 3 from amazon :) My daughter was highly allergic as a baby but is fine now x

i became allergic to my cat and dust when i was pregnant, i'm still allergic to cats! the allergy now is actually worse than when i was pregnant :(

i used a nasal spray called prevalin, it's safe to use during pregnancy :)

I have never had any kind of animal allergy my entire life. I live on a farm, two dogs, two cats (barn cats though) sheep, chickens... lots of smells, animal dander, the whole bit.

Before I got my BFP (I was actually only about 7 or so DPO) I was at my father in law's house, playing with his super attention-y cat. I got in the car and my eyes itched and burned for about 45 minutes. BAD. Swollen, red, the whole deal.

We jokingly said that maybe I was pregnant and the baby was making me allergic to cats. We were 100 percent joking. (we'd been trying for years) After I got my BFP I Googled it. Turns out it's not terribly uncommon. Who knew????

I haven't had an issue since, but MAN was it weird.

Angel of troy, what a surprise eh!

Taramum, greatideas, thank!

I've had my cat for 8 years, only with last pregnancy became allergic...Now she no longer comes to our bedroom and she sleeps alone (with a dog plushie :) ). I sometimes use nasal spray.

Anti-inflammatory eye drops are greatif you get red eyes, my mum uses them when she had my cat.

I'm a pretty sensitive person, especially to airborne allergens, so i have an ait purifier. I usually eat antihistamins, but now TTC give them up for TWW, as they affect implantation. I will start them again after first trimester, earlier if necessary (not because of cat, because of pollution).

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->