I've completely lost my mojo! :( I don't feel like me anymore!

SmileyKez

Reaction score
My LO is 11 weeks, I love him with all my heart, but I still don't feel like myself, and I don't know how to get me back! :(

I constantly feel fat and unattractive, even if I spend ages getting ready for a special night out. My hair is greasy all the time, I've got spots, my nails are cracking (I was always known for having manicured nails) and I just feel crap!

Me and oh haven't dtd since I was about 16 weeks pg, we haven't even kissed properly since I was 25 weeks and we went on holiday. I have no inclination to do it, and it appears neither does he, which makes me feel worse! :(

I used to love shopping, but now when I go, I don't even look at clothes, I just wander round.

I just feel lost and out of ideas... My mum had LO over night this week and me and hubby went out, but it wasn't fun like it used to be, I felt like crap compared to everyone all dressed up.

Anyone else feel/felt like this, any suggestions how to make myself feel better?

i've felt like this since my LO was born, but I've been diagnosed with PPD and also suffer anxiety and regular depression on and off.

have you been to the dr? I left it too long and just assumed i'd never feel good again.

Yeah I've been to my Dr, I suffer from anxiety and have medication for it, although I haven't started taking it yet!! I don't think I have ppd, neither does my Dr at the moment but I have been referred to some kind off assessment!

I have no advice but just wanted to say you're not alone, I pretty much feel the same. I was an 8/10 before baby, but have put on about a stone which is really depressing so hate how I look in clothes. I'm bf-ing which means I don't really get any me time away from baby...when my OH relieves me and I've gone shopping I've done exactly what you did, and just wandered aimlessly around. We also haven't really kissed since beginning of 3rd tri...seemed unwise when it couldn't lead to anything.

A lot of it is probably just time. We have a night away from baby planned in May (which I'm kinda nervous about as don't really want to leave him). I might use that as a target for getting in better shape - ie exercise, beauty treatments and new clothes.

Xx

Hun, you aren't alone! Having a baby is a tough job and the first year, most women are thrown off! I haven't felt like myself for 6 months either...I lost all my weight but my stomach is HANGING over a lot of my clothes. It also doesn't help that my hair is having some extreme loss and I'm trying to slow it down as best I can by only washing it every 4 days so I also have some greasy funk going on a lot of days :p.

Have you tried letting someone watch lo and maybe go to a salon for some beauty treatments? If you don't want a cut, you can even just ask them to style it for you and maybe get your nails done. It can be a good perk up and give you a day to feel like yourself again. A happy mom equals a happy baby...remember that. Sometimes you need to focus on yourself first for a day or so!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->