I've Decided to Pursue a Career in Midwifery

Booga

Reaction score
Yep, I want to become a nurse midwife! I've been considering going to school for my Bachelor's of Science in Nursing, and after looking at all the options of careers I could pursue, I kept going back to midwifery. Not only would I be able to get a job just about anywhere (which will be handy since OH will be in the Navy soon) but I'll get to help other women have happy and healthy pregnancies :) I'm hoping to learn some things along the way, too, about birth plans and natural parenting and whatnot...

If you have any info on this field, please share it! Researching on the internet is great, but it's even better to hear from other people who are either in the profession or at least interested in it :)

Thanks!
x x

Sorry, I don't have any advice but I just wanted to say: Congratulations on your decision!!! Sounds like a good and exciting plan! Good luck with it all!

Are you still going to ttc in summer?

as above i dont have any advise on the career as im an accountant :rofl: but well done in making the decision and good luck :) xx

Yep, I want to become a nurse midwife! I've been considering going to school for my Bachelor's of Science in Nursing, and after looking at all the options of careers I could pursue, I kept going back to midwifery. Not only would I be able to get a job just about anywhere (which will be handy since OH will be in the Navy soon) but I'll get to help other women have happy and healthy pregnancies :) I'm hoping to learn some things along the way, too, about birth plans and natural parenting and whatnot...

If you have any info on this field, please share it! Researching on the internet is great, but it's even better to hear from other people who are either in the profession or at least interested in it :)

Thanks!
x x

I'm following that same career path. I'm off to Uni to do Nursing in September then going back a few years later (after having my own children hopefully) to do Midwifery. Lots of open options after that because you can choose between community, hospital, private or even education. Always a back-up plan. Good Luck :) x

I am seriously considering becoming a midwife after I've done havin my children. I was at uni doin teaching but after DD I feel like I'm going down the wrong path.

I have been gettin over a MAJOR medical phobia...and I know just how much my midwives made an impact on my pregnancy experience! I would love to make that difference in someones life!

Im hoping to do this next year! Get your self to the libary to get some reading in

Gosh, if I was a midwife as soon as I had helped getting the baby out I would be running out the hospital with it. LOL Anyway, all the luck on your choice, sounds great to see such a miracle everyday.

there was an ASK a mum whos a midwife in the baby section so maybe search for that :thumbup: it will show you the questions people asked and the answers they got

sorry too butt in to WTT :)flower:)

iv applied to change my uni course went for Social Work and Midwifery, but leaning ever so slightly mroe towards SW.

Just thought id say good luck, not sure how they do it in the US but hjere we write a personal statement n then they decide whether or not to interview you(i also went for it last year but didnt get in). They look for knowledge in midwifery and other fields (nursing, mental health) they also look for you to draw upon your own experiences :thumbup: My mums just handed me an article from a UK/Scottish paper called The Herald-unfortuneatly it looks as tohugh i may be going to SW as there are not many jobs here in Scotland for midwives(incase youd wana leave sunny US for here :D)

Good luck hunnie, im sure youl do great! :)
xx

Thank you, ladies! The more I read about it, the more excited I become :) Still planning on TTC in the summer, but not "seriously" if that makes sense. More of a "whatever happens, happens" approach, since I'll most likely be doing my prerequisites online.

Once I start at a university though, I want to have either had a baby, or wait until after, since it's only a 2.5 year program. Fx'd I'll get to have bubs beforehand :)

I'm definitely going to head to the library soon to do some more research! It helps to have an aunt and uncle who are nurses, though. I'm going to shadow my uncle who is a nurse anesthetist sometime next week, and I'll ask him if he knows any nurse midwives who I can follow around! Should be fun.

Best of luck to you other ladies who are looking into midwifery, too! Perhaps we can share ideas and things about it :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->