I've got my anti-witch spray!

Haley, my best advice is this: do NOT expect her to come before her due date. If she does, awesome. But I put way too much hope into how I was "progressing" and what my OBs were saying and when my due date came and went, I was pissed. :haha: They told me at 38 weeks I wouldn't make it to my next appointment. I was 3cm dilated and mostly effaced. I made it to 3 more appointments, despite having my membranes stripped at the next two. :haha: And I was still 3cm dilated when I went to be induced. :dohh: I wish you better luck! :haha: Excited for you! I won't be too jealous if you do go "early." :winkwink:

^^ Womp womp.

I just realized how annoying that post must be. :flower: I just remember how high my hopes were and how uncomfortable I was (and my BH contractions progressed to false labor 12 days before my due date and I went 5 days over). But I remember being so annoyed when people told me not to get my hopes up. Sucks they were right, though. :haha: I hope I'm not right!

LOL Julie- My sister had made no progress at her appt yesterday (Due Feb 16th) shes 37 weeks I think? Last night apparently she started having mild contraction and they are still going on today.

I know how uncomfortable she is...shes always had back issues and has been really thin her whole life so the extra baby weight has really hurt her back and shes ready to be done. I felt so bad when she had her apt and they told her she made no progress but I tried to reassure her that no progress or progress can mean anything! she could go from sealed up tight to being in labor in a day or two or she could be like us and walk around 3cm for weeks...

I am happy to hear she is having contractions though...hopefully this means he will be here soon! I cant wait to meet my nephew!

Shes still having contractions but she also told me shes had 2 BMs today...I think that was a big sign for either Leia or First...forget who it was...

I AM SO EXCITED!!! I keep checking my phone haha

My first signs that labor was coming were the traditional ones. First, baby dropped 6days before she arrived. Then I started losing my plug and had my bloody show 4 days before she was born. All that happened when I was still about 1 cm dilated though. My BH were solidly about 10-20 minutes apart for 3 days before she was born. The week she was born, I was 1.5 cm Monday at my appt, and 3 on Wednesday evening. Went into labor early Thursday morning. Also, she didn't fully engage until about an hour before it was time to push. Apparently my uterus is not only cozy, but roomy!

So Haley, update us if you get any symptoms of losing you plug or bloody show! That definitely mean she's on her way!

I started having the shits at 36 weeks (on the nose - I remember because that was the morning of my 8 hour long birth class! Not fun! :blush:). And I lost my plug with bloody show at 38 weeks. :dohh: I was induced at 40+5. :haha:

My body is just a bitch, apparently, so don't use me for any kind of comparison. :haha: I'll probably pop this kid out at work in my office this time because I won't believe anything my body does as far as starting labor is concerned. Eh, I'll probably believe it by the time I'm in transition, at least. :winkwink:

Julie- I am def not using you as an example lol sorry but your story is def one of a kind!

No news from my sister :(

My u/s is scheduled for 2/27 ill be 35 weeks. I also am
Scheduled all the way through until 39 weeks

Lol y'all are too funny! I know not to get my hopes up. I was only happy I hear I had made some progress because my back was hurting so bad and I wanted to have some reason or it!

What's really funny is I'm back to assessing every wipe on the toilet paper like I did prior to getting preggo. Funny how things come two-fold! I have had a significant increase in vaginal mucous though but no bloody show as of yet. I am only 36 weeks so I don't want her coming this soon anyways. I'll be sure to keep y'all updated.

Thanks for all the stories and support :)

Also, when is everyone planning on or did go on leave? I'm trying to decide if I want to just wing it and stay at work until I deliver or take a few days off before. I'd really like to be off now sleeping all day but then I would only have a few weeks home with my baby lol

Cris -- you don't have to be sorry. I was sufficiently pissed when I made it past my due date. :haha: Especially with being told I would "go at any time" by my OBs from 37 weeks on! :wacko:

I just know the same thing is already happening this time because my BH contractions have been STRONG and happening very often for several days now. I'm already having several every hour. I'm just trying to ignore them. :wacko: I'm pretty confident if I actually go into labor on my own this time I'll figure it out quickly enough. I thought I may die by the time I was 6cm dilated with Maisie, and that's about when I'd like to get to the hospital with this one, so it'll be nice if it works out that way.:thumbup:

I'm in such huge anticipation of closing on this new house and getting started working on it that time is standing still for me this week. I have over a week of waiting left.

Also, when is everyone planning on or did go on leave? I'm trying to decide if I want to just wing it and stay at work until I deliver or take a few days off before. I'd really like to be off now sleeping all day but then I would only have a few weeks home with my baby lol

I stopped at 39+2 with Maisie because I was so certain I'd be going into labor any day and I was so uncomfortable. :haha:

This time I'm planning to work until I go into labor since I'm not planning on coming back and feel like we could really use the money later this year (At this point, I'm looking at it as though every day I take off work pre-baby costs me $150 down the road when I'm being paid my leave). But every day I come in, I get a little more pissed off about working here so I may very well say screw it and stop at 37-38 weeks. So, it really all depends on my tolerance for BS over the next 7-8 weeks. :haha: If I were coming back, I'd work as long as possible because where I work now, I'd only get 12 weeks off regardless of when the baby was born. I would so hate to elect induction just because of maternity leave (which is what ended up happening for me with Maisie :nope:).

Quick update from me, bfn today so the witch will fly in tomorrow, got some small signs she's on her way! I'm ok more disappointed than I thought I was going to be but I think that's cause the last few days I really started to believe I was. Never mind doctors fri! Hopefully it's the start of good things xx

Haley- I have had a sudden decrease in cm...I still inspect the tp just becuase of my bleeding issues, but I agree its funny that we do that. I wonder if Ill ever stop obsessing about whats on the tp...even after this one. Anyway- to answer your question- I am taking leave on March 15th. Thats about 2 weeks prior to my due date, Ill be 37w4d. I went with my son at 38w5d so Im hoping not to be sitting around the house too long waiting, but also want to have a few days just to lounge around. I will be working remotely from home until I go into labor though. HTH! To be honest though I wish I was already on leave im so tired and sore :(

Julie- At least the house is prob distracting you from the pregnancy...I need something to keep me occupied because I feel like time is dragging. Thats why Im kind of hoping my nephew comes soon so I can focus on that for a few days. Oh, and I have yet to feel any strong BH...weird

Hello ladies..

Nats- :hugs: Always thinking of you..

Haley- Not much longer can't wait to see her :happydance:

Lil & wishin- you 2 are comimg right along :hugs:

Linz- Quinn ia ADORABLE. It's amazing how fast they grow and I'm almost in the same boat as you getting a bit of baby fever and then Ally and Dave come home and I'm like what were you thinking your raising 3 :dohh:

AFM- Lindalynn is doing great. It's so hard to believe that she is 4mos old :cry: she is 17lbs 3oz and is 26 3/4 inches long doesn't look like a 4 month old at all.
I look forward to everyday because she does something different, Love it she thinks shes a big girl and wants to sit up on the couch like everyone else, she would rather be in her Bumbo then her bouncy So CUTE!! She has been trying to roll and now holds on to things as well as trying to pick them up. She amazes me to how well she picks up on things we are on a schedule and she will not hesitate to let me know if we're not on time..7pm its bath, 7:15 read a book 7:30 bottle and 8 she is in the bed for the night. I have to say I was truely Blessed.
OK enough from me I hope you all have an amazing day..

Nats -- :hugs: I'm excited for your appointment tomorrow. So glad you have doctors working with you now!

first -- I can't believe Lindalynn is 4 months old. :wacko: She's so adorable! I told my husband last night I'm already upset about how fast this one is growing up. :haha:

I'm also checking the TP a lot. I'm having ridiculous amounts of watery cm. I really need to start wearing pantyliners but keep forgetting. :dohh:

*sigh* 4 BH contractions an hour last night. And they're already frequent this afternoon (they always get worse as the day goes on. Same when I was pregnant with Maisie). Too early for this crap! I'm still feeling pretty well in general though, as long as I don't have to bend over. :rofl: The contractions are definitely the most uncomfortable thing for me right now. Could be worse.

First- I jsut finally got a good look at your profile pic..its hard to see on my phone which is where I am writing from most of the time! Lindalynn is growing up so fast and shes so beautiful! We need to have more pictures!

Julie- I still havent had any noticable BH...I dont recall when it started being noticeable last time for me.

AFM- My sister's contractions fizzled out and shes now back to just having BH..kind of a bummer but hopefully he is here soon. She will be 38 weeks on Saturday.

I am feeling tired and worn out but not as sore or in pain as I have been. Most of my 'pain' is from baby girl being so low but shes moved up and its a lot more comfortable. I really forget what I wrote about my appointment and I am too lazy to go back and look it up so basically we did the routine, urine, bp, heartbeat check and scheduled my appointments for the remainder of the pregnancy.

In Feb I have the 13th and 27th- with the 27th being an u/s to determine babys size and position. I was also told she'd be doing the group B test that day

Then I go every Wednesday in March.

I dont really have anything left to do to get ready so now Im just counting down...hopefully having the u/s to look forward to and my nephews arrival will make the time go faster

Nats- somehow I missed your post... Maybe we posted at the same time? Anyways I'm so very sorry. I'm hopeful that these doctors will finally give you your rainbow

First lindalynn is just to gorgeous! :winkwink:

Well I'm on my way back from my appointment, what can I say?.........
I am so so happy with the way they treated me! I was an actual person not just a number, they were sensitive, kind and very thorough! They have taken blood tests for loads of things, 8 vials worth! I am going for a scan to check my uterus, then back in three weeks to discuss results! At which point they should offer me some medication to tackle next bfp! So in the mean time, no baby making! But it's only one month out so even that's not so bad! I'm so so happy! This really could be the answer to our dreams :happydance::happydance: yay! Xxx

Nats - That is SO GREAT!!! I'm so happy you're pleased with the services and the plan.

Nats- great news. I'm glad your visit was pleasant, well wishes for a sweet outcome. <3

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->