I've got no lights! HELP?!

J

Jade--x

Yesterday morning I had a leak in my shower - My bedroom carpets were soaked through, my living room ceiling was all wet, and water was coming through my lights, which also soaked my living room. It instantly tripped my electricity, and I called my landlord who sent an emergency plumber who sorted it, and told me to leave the living room lights to dry for an hour or 2 and it would be fine. So I've left it 24 hours to be sure and put a bulb back in to the living room light and its tripped my electrics..Again!

Now none of my lights are working, I've used the fuse box and turned them back on, the switch is back on 'on' but still none of my lights are working.

I've called landlord and it's not classed as needing to be seen urgent as I can use a torch and candles (with 2 kids on my own..Yeah right) but they will 'try' and send someone out tomorrow.

I don't know what to do..Do I turn the electrics fuse switch off and leave it off or is there something else I should do? Google has been of no help whatsoever :(

I would turn it off. It should have been checked by an electrician before being turned back on. A plumber is NOT an electrician and should have never told you it would be fine.

I would turn the light fuse to off. It could be one of the other bulbs has blown which breaks the circuit and will cause it to keep tripping. Let someone professional look at it though, im in the habit of fixing most things myself as im handy that way but if you dont know what your doing and with two kids in the house i would just leave it until they send someone out. You should still have sockets so you can use bedside lights etc?

we have dodgy electrics in our flat so the fuse always goes.

ide keep it off, ive brought a 10metre extention lead so i can carry a desk lamp around with me when the fuse goes. haha xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->